Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Identifying paint colors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 08:36 PM
der Fahrer is on a distinguished road
Identifying paint colors

I'd like to get some help from the forum to identify the paint color on a particular vehicle. It looks to me to be Tungsten, but in-person the color appeared to have a blue-ish hue (although the lighting was mixed fluorescent and daylight). It also had relatively large metallic flakes. Are these properties of Tungsten Silver?

On a broader scale, is there an easy way to find the car's paint code when you're looking it over? Alternatively, is there a part of the VIN that indicates this?

Here's the car in question (2007 Vantage):

Thanks for the help!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AQ_640.jpg
Views:	848
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	348173  
Old 03-18-2014, 04:19 AM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
I have a tungsten silver 08 and while it's hard to tell by the pic, that car looks like it's tungsten to me. Contact AM with vin, I would think they can tell you for sure.

Good luck with the purchase.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:00 AM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Without having ownership documentation you might need to contact an AM qualified paint shop might cross reference the VIN for you. European Motor Car Works in Santa Ana, CA may be able to help you. Good luck!

Old 03-18-2014, 06:07 AM
I think the best option is just to ask during PPI by an AM dealer. I just haven't seen enough of them in person to know for sure. Thanks for the insight!

Old 03-18-2014, 07:48 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Open the navigation DVD compartment in the trunk and there should be a sticker there, complete with the paint name and code number.

Old 03-18-2014, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by DonL
Open the navigation DVD compartment in the trunk and there should be a sticker there, complete with the paint name and code number.
Thank you! I'll be sure to check this out the next time I look at one.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:01 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by der Fahrer
Thank you! I'll be sure to check this out the next time I look at one.
You'll need a flashlight to be able to read it.
I know the sticker is located there on the earlier Vantages, but I am not sure about the later/other models. Perhaps someone else can chime in?

Old 03-18-2014, 10:03 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Once you get the code number, go to http://www.dupontrefinish.eu/ and do Colour Retrieval (link at the bottom left) to find out what color it's called.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:11 AM
Really great information here. Thanks again.