Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Highest Mileage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 05:29 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by captain Greg
ja but the esprit.... is a toyota
Umm, I think you're confusing the Esprit with the newer Lotus cars like the Elise/Exige and the Evora. The Esprit has a 4 or 8 cylinder engine made completely by Lotus.

Old 03-31-2014, 11:13 AM
JuanP is on a distinguished road
Just celebrated my 1st anniversary with my Virage and had 11,000 miles - basically my daily driver.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:34 PM
hph
hph is on a distinguished road
My DB9 has 68k miles now.. I put 20k or so miles in last year and a half alone... daily driven to work rain or shine, grocery runs, around town and one or twice a month from San Jose to LA trips... So far so good. It has rock chips, little scratches and dings here and there and proud of it. I think it is one of the most used Astons in Nor Cal .. funny thing is I have a C36 daily driver but haven't touched it for ages so I'm getting rid of the DD and just use the Aston .. it's a great DD

Old 03-31-2014, 12:42 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
The thing is, my high mileage is in spite if that fact that I don't use my exotic cars as daily drivers. My daily is an MX-5. My co-workers don't know of my other cars and tease me about driving a "girlie" car (if they only knew what waits for me in the garage at home, LOL!). When I get home from work, I jump in another car and go for a drive to unwind.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:41 PM
N91K is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hph
My DB9 has 68k miles now.. I put 20k or so miles in last year and a half alone... daily driven to work rain or shine, grocery runs, around town and one or twice a month from San Jose to LA trips... So far so good. It has rock chips, little scratches and dings here and there and proud of it. I think it is one of the most used Astons in Nor Cal .. funny thing is I have a C36 daily driver but haven't touched it for ages so I'm getting rid of the DD and just use the Aston .. it's a great DD
It is a great DD especially the DB9 and Rapide, enjoy!

Originally Posted by karlfranz
The thing is, my high mileage is in spite if that fact that I don't use my exotic cars as daily drivers. My daily is an MX-5. My co-workers don't know of my other cars and tease me about driving a "girlie" car (if they only knew what waits for me in the garage at home, LOL!). When I get home from work, I jump in another car and go for a drive to unwind.
We are lucky people!

Originally Posted by JuanP
Just celebrated my 1st anniversary with my Virage and had 11,000 miles - basically my daily driver.
I am also planning on putting almost 12,000km on my Rapide yearly!

Old 03-31-2014, 03:22 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
I often wish cars had a meter to track starts in addition to miles. 10,000 miles in 100 drives is very likely to "wear" the car significantly less than 10,000 miles in 500 drives.

In addition to a sense for how many times the engine has gone through cold start to warm, this would also point to interior and body wear. Getting in and out the car wears the leather, the bolster, the door handle, the door hinge, etc.

Based on my experience with my Vantage (no idea what mileage I've accumulated), the miles don't phase it.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:50 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
My '07 V8V has 41k+ miles. I've driven it pretty hard ever since I got it, including track days, northern VA traffic jams, DC potholes (so so bad), 10-hour drives, and all sorts of weather.

I've had a persistent CEL, and I think it's my gas cap... I'll be ordering one from Stuart as soon as my life mellows out long enough for me to get around to it. And I might have a steering issue or something... my car seems to vibrate more than it should at high speeds. Pretty sure it's something I did, though lol

Old 03-31-2014, 04:41 PM
nycabman will become famous soon enough
3 years next month with my Virage, and only 10k miles. Winter here in NY with salt and potholes make it nearly impossible to drive it...

Old 04-01-2014, 04:39 AM
N91K is on a distinguished road
^^ That's unfortunate!

In Bahrain, the weather is always hot except a month or two of winter but not a lot of rain.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:52 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Two high mileage Astons

My first 07 Vantage, new, I had for two years and drove the car hard in Minneapolis traffic and a few trips putting 12,000 miles a year on it... the brakes and clutch were still fine, and the only consumables were two new rear tires. This gave me the confidence to buy recently an 09 Vantage with 32,000 miles... so far no problems other than a frayed seatbelt and drivers mirror motor not working (it folds, it just does not adjust), both will be covered under the warranty when I take it in this summer to Chicago for annual service.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:19 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Going away for the winter?

In Michigan most Astons winter indoors from just after Thanksgiving until just before Easter. The dealer, in Troy, schedules a familiarization gathering so we don't forget him. Its called his annual "Service Clinic & Open House", your dealer probably has a similar function. This year's is April 16-18. Owners are encouraged to retrieve their cars from storage and bring them to the dealership so technicians can inspect them for road worthyness.

With these extended winter vacations accumulated mileages are often low. My '07 has under 19K on the clock. I hereby resolve to drive it more often this drive season.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:19 PM
4leafcloverz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hph
I didn't think I would be beat but I'm on 64k miles for an '05 DB9. Got it for a steal at 40k miles and it's been reliable as a toaster. Although a TPMS sensor did run out of battery

Old 04-01-2014, 08:52 PM
ArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the rough
My 06 V8 Vantage is going on 55K miles. Have only had it for 7 months and have put on nearly 6K miles. Very reliable and love the car in every way! I also own a 1989 Lotus Esprit SE and it is closing on 99K miles. Captain Greg is clearly confusing the newer Lotus Elise/Exige/Evora's with Toyota's. The only Toyota part on the Peters' body Esprits' are the tail lights. Lotus was responsible for the entire car and engine, both 4 cylinder and V8 variants. The only borrowed major component was the Renault transaxle.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	a 117.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	354213   Click image for larger version

Name:	a 001.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	354214  
Old 04-02-2014, 10:12 AM
Benjamin09 is on a distinguished road
Bought my 05 DB9 2 years and 5 months ago. Had 16,000 miles on it and now it has just over 33,000. Its put in storage from November to April. Damn you Minnesota weather!!

Old 04-02-2014, 12:09 PM
slayer of souls is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by IbisRider
I often wish cars had a meter to track starts in addition to miles. 10,000 miles in 100 drives is very likely to "wear" the car significantly less than 10,000 miles in 500 drives.
This is a very good point. I live in a Condo in downtown Toronto, and just starting and driving out of the parking is an strain on the vehicle.

Although my drive has very low kms 13,000 (8,000 miles) there is a lot of strain just by these short trips. I am hesitant to put on the kms on the car, but im starting to think I should just let go and enjoy.

I wont use the car if I have just one short trip to make i.e., gym but will typically do gym + cruise etc. Which sadly falls on weekends.

During the week, I take the bus (like most people). Might re-insure the ducati for these shorter around the town trips.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Highest Mileage