Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Beautiful but useless visors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 06:19 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Beautiful but useless visors

The Aston has what must be the coolest looking visors in the industry, note I did not say Sun Visor, because that must not be their purpose. I figure it must be tea and crumpet time in England when the sun is on the horizon, and the test drivers never had a chance to have the sun blind them - wish they had some hidden extension that could be flipped to keep the look, but make them usable... I was surprised nobody mentioned this before in this forum. Anyone else blinded like me at sunrise and sunset?

Old 05-29-2014, 06:25 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
There is no sun in England.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:12 AM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by karlfranz
There is no sun in England.
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
The Aston has what must be the coolest looking visors in the industry, note I did not say Sun Visor, because that must not be their purpose. I figure it must be tea and crumpet time in England when the sun is on the horizon, and the test drivers never had a chance to have the sun blind them - wish they had some hidden extension that could be flipped to keep the look, but make them usable... I was surprised nobody mentioned this before in this forum. Anyone else blinded like me at sunrise and sunset?

because of the rake of the windshield, the visors actually do their job well. I was amazed. BUT , you have to raise your seat level if you are sitting too low in the car. Im 6-0ft and they work without raising the seat at sunset. but, we also have 2000ft mountains surrounding the valley where I live, so maybe I don't get the real sunset angle.

my complaint has been the quality of the mirror. its a little funhouse mirror, made from tin foil , I think.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:44 AM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Oh don't get me started on the stupid warped mirror in the visor.........

In the Lotus, we pull the visors off

Old 05-29-2014, 10:13 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I have my seat as low as it goes and the visors do absolutely nothing haha

Old 05-29-2014, 11:05 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Yes it is the most ridiculous visor... It is so ridiculous it makes me smile and laugh whenever my date uses it for the first time. Only Astons have that character. On any other car this would be a flaw, but on astons it just adds to the character lol.

Don't ever say the Brits don't have a sense of humors

Old 05-29-2014, 11:21 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Yes it is the most ridiculous visor... It is so ridiculous it makes me smile and laugh whenever my date uses it for the first time. Only Astons have that character. On any other car this would be a flaw, but on astons it just adds to the character lol.

Everyone I've taken for a ride that folds it down laughs (literally) when they try to use it and realize how pointless it is lol

Old 05-29-2014, 11:27 AM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by telum01
maybe you need to raise the seat up a few inches.

Originally Posted by 007 Vantage

I do smile at it too! its actually a little on the cute side.

I could hear the design team talking to marketing... "visors? we don't need no stinking visors....But, here is a brim, you happy now?"

Old 05-29-2014, 12:34 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Try driving a Vantage roadster the visors are completely redundant
I don't think the drivers one on mine has every moved

Old 05-29-2014, 01:02 PM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
not even to check your makeup?
Originally Posted by mikey k
Try driving a Vantage roadster the visors are completely redundant
I don't think the drivers one on mine has every moved

Old 05-29-2014, 04:26 PM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
Hmmm, sunshine, yes, I remember what that is. Why wouldn't you want to look at something as unusual as the sun? A bigger visor would just spoil that view.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:52 PM
mfrankel is on a distinguished road
Visor's anonymous no longer:

Hi. My name is Micah, and I'm a Visor user.

Despite having put on plenty of miles in my 9, I still pull at the visor to shift from front to side to block the sun....so I can see better, not have to squint and drive the way we all like to. As you all know, our visor "striplet" doesn't do that.

Even on my way to work, is it that much to ask to be comfortable? To see?

AM is the intersection of power & sophistication. Is it too much sophistication to block sun & have a working mirror? The functionality....and I use that term loosely here...is more commiserate with a Yugo than an Aston. Designing a visor that works when needed, has the capacity (foldable, slidable, whatever) but still fits the design of the interior, is something you'd think would be possible for any design student.

As someone who drives in the sun, with the windows down, I find it annoying to not have this. But hey, it saves weight, right?

Track racing helmets with the built in sun shade should solve this for all of us daily drivers...

Old 05-29-2014, 10:06 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Sun visors must meet SAE minimum requirements that stipulate a position for the visor in relation to the occupant, and blocking the sun at a certain vision angle from the occupant. I'm sure that the a Aston visors meet this legal minimum. Don't blame Aston, blame the SAE. Aston, as many other exotics in many areas, just engineered on the boundary of the legal requirements

Old 05-30-2014, 04:00 AM
N91K is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by telum01
+1 LOL. The only thing i can do is wear the darkest sunglasses out there.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:26 AM
RudyP is on a distinguished road
The windshield is so low that even without visors it's like driving a regular car with real grown up visors pulled down. I imagine you'd have to be pretty short to need a visor in an AM. But then again I'm 6'6" - everyone seems small to me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beautiful but useless visors