Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

That's why you buy a Gallardo over an AM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 10:56 PM
LebronJames is on a distinguished road
That's why you buy a Gallardo over an AM

Based on that video, I should have buyed a Gallardo instead of my AM:

Seriously, love my Vantage but really looking for something that stands out more. I know Astons are more into the James Bond suave classy feel and I always dreamed of owning one. Since I got it, I've appreciate every minutes of it and was looking forward to upgrade it to a DBS or a V12 but lately that interest has shifted for a Gallardo (2009 + years, after the major revisions).

My friend got a 2012 lp-550-2 white Gallardo and I just can't believe the amount of love he gets, no hate at all. I would think that haters are more focus on Red Ferraris owners...

While most of people quietly glance at my Vantage, they totally go crazy for his Lambo: just incredible how the Gallardo is evocative even to those who don't know cars at all, almost nobody is indifferent to it. The other day a 60 years old plus women was giving us love at the red light saying this car is like a expensive jewelry. An another older women walking by was looking at the lambo and she seriously said, for some reasons that car is really sexy!

While nobody hate Aston Martin, many are just unmoved by it.

Since I'm only 29, I'll probably go back later in my life to AM since I always admired this company but I'm planning a switch to the G in the following month.

Anyone of you guys have made the switch, do you regret it? Am I missing on something?

Thank you!

Last edited by LebronJames; 06-20-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:51 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
I have had two Gallardos and I am also relatively young. Trust me, the girls I got with the Lambo that actually responded to that bull**** were not worth a damn. Ironically enough the best way to know if she is a catch is if she is the type that does not respond to the Lambo. Most of them are money hungry gold diggers from trashy backgrounds... You don't want that trust me. I knew this goi into it... The reason I bought them is I genuinely loved to race the cars are race tracks all over Texas, I love the brand and the people associated with it. The unwanted insane attention gets old fast which is why I am back with my aston and I have never been happier.

Any legit girl will respect you 10x more with an aston anyways. Also, you don't know the definition of haters until you have own a Lambo. Prepare to lose 90% of your "friends" when you get a Lambo. The attention even puts Ferrari to shame.

Dave Chapelle said it best: "Money does not change you, money changes everyone around you"

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 06-20-2014 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:37 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
If money were no object I'd love to have an Aventador or even a Gallardo. Tho I think realistically, I like Ferraris better. But I'm well past the age of looking to pick up women, so the Vantage is just fine with me. As I've mentioned before, if you're looking to pick up women much better to carry a financial statement or your previous years tax returns. As that's why the women are often attracted to exotic cars because of the (possible) bank account of the owner.

Chris

Old 06-21-2014, 10:17 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
It's a bit sad if your motivation to get a given car is to pick up women.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:40 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Lambo driver -----> Massive tool

Aston driver ------> Massive cool

Old 06-21-2014, 12:03 PM
der Fahrer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Nailed it.

But to the OP, unless you've driven up to random women in you Aston and gestured for them to join you, I don't think it's a fair comparison.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:12 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
I find it interesting how this forum is changing over time.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:42 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Dave Chapelle said it best: "Money does not change you, money changes everyone around you"
I like that quote!

I have been contemplating a Gallardo. Just need to own it once in my lifetime. But the allure of an Aston is overwhelming.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:52 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Racer_X
pretty much, must have a small *****if you rely on what you drive to attract attention

Old 06-21-2014, 02:08 PM
LebronJames is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Christian
pretty much, must have a small *****if you rely on what you drive to attract attention
Lol you're a real classy Aston owner there son, you took that quote from James Bond right?

Love that Aston's owners on this forum alway hate Ferrari and Lambo owners while Italians owners could not care les about Aston's owners, why because Aston community is acting like every marginal field in Life: let's hate on the mainstream since they're not cool enough to understand us!

You are the haters gentlemen

Peace

Old 06-21-2014, 02:45 PM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Totally staged. No real woman worthy of her personal safety would jump into any car. Of course unless it's her profession to do so. Then they are usally trash!!!

Old 06-21-2014, 02:53 PM
V12V will become famous soon enough
The video is funny. You do realize it is staged right? Gallardos are ok but nothing special. The Ferrari is a better car. I've had a 430 and two 458s. Faster and overall better performers than an Aston but I still like my V12V better. You will take a lot of abuse in a lambo so be prepared.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:47 PM
timwhayden is on a distinguished road
I somewhat disagree with 007: I have had my Gallardo over 3 years and have not had even one person make a negative comment to me but have had scores of oohs and aahs and positive comments, questions, cell phone pics etc. The attention has not gotten old yet as I really enjoy answering questions about it and letting kids get their pics taken sitting inside it. And I haven't lost one friend because of it. But I love my V8V just as much for different reasons...

Old 06-22-2014, 07:22 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LebronJames
Lol you're a real classy Aston owner there son, you took that quote from James Bond right?

Love that Aston's owners on this forum alway hate Ferrari and Lambo owners while Italians owners could not care les about Aston's owners, why because Aston community is acting like every marginal field in Life: let's hate on the mainstream since they're not cool enough to understand us!

You are the haters gentlemen

Peace
nope, im A porsche guy. hater, nope, i am a car enthusiast. anyone that would buy anything to get attention is well, imo what i stated previously.

shouldn't be surprised with your a screen name like you have chosen, egotistical on the highest level and looking for approval

Old 06-22-2014, 10:20 AM
Huge Ego, Sorry is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

I'm not sure why but I had to create an account just to respond to this post...

There's two "issues" with your expectations and owning an Aston Martin.

First, while we all enjoy our cars and perhaps the occasional attention here and there, it is just as easy for that surge of attention to become an ego pit that we bury ourselves in. Pathetically, our society defines high class by the number that leads our bank account balance. The Aston marque particularly, is seen as a strong image in opposition to the above. (Yes, that's not every Aston Owner, but just by browsing this forum, its easily deduced that most here are believers of the aforementioned.)

Secondly, and relative to the first, Aston Martins are seen as a more subdued type, the subtle cool. We don't want to be James Bond, we just adapt his mentality. The reason we smile is because we can fully comprehend this marvelous character that is Aston Martin. There is just no connection to girls whatsoever, and linking a staged video that shows how shallow some people can be really doesn't help your argument.

Lastly, I am not going to judge what your expectations of women are (so hard to resist the urge not too...) but it is a total myth of how you ended up with an Aston. I would kindly ask you to move on and....don't come back.

PS: Save the "hater's gonna hate" clause for trolls, is that really the best defense you can put up?

Last edited by Huge Ego, Sorry; 06-22-2014 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Grammar Errorz

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: That's why you buy a Gallardo over an AM