Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Tool kit.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 11:15 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Tool kit.

So after reading some of the threads on this forum, I have discovered that not only did the previous owner keep the battery conditioner (charger) when he traded the car in. But he also keeped the tool kit. The only item in the bin behind the driver seat is a tow hook. I did not mind spending my own $ for a new Aston battery charger, but I told the dealer late this week that they needed to get me a tool kit. I am still waiting for there answer. My question is. What is in the tool kit? And what does it look like? Keep in mind I am up in Monterey and don' have my owners manual. Should I push the dealer hard for this? I did ask when I bought the car, if it have the books and tools. And I was told yes.
Thanks,
Ron

Old 08-10-2014, 11:28 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
The only thing of any real importance in that toolkit is the tow hook.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:20 AM
HenryM is on a distinguished road
There is also a short phillips screw driver used to take off the rear license plate so you can screw in the tow hook if towing from the rear. There is a spot for a 23mm (or is it 22mm?) socket, which is an option, used to remove the wheel studs.

Henry

Old 08-11-2014, 07:11 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Like I said, out of those items, only the tow hook matters. I don't remember there being a socket, but considering there is no spare tire, needing a socket while on the road is unlikely, especially since there is no lug wrench either. And if you ever needed roadside assistance I'm sure they would have a screwdriver. But finding tow hook with matching thread would be very difficult. There is also a spare headlight bulb, but you probably won't be replacing that on the road either.

Last edited by karlfranz; 08-11-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:51 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
I'm with Karl
My first one had the screw driver and one bulb
No way you will change the bulb at the road side
I did add my own mini tool kit with adjustable spanner, pliers, fuses etc

Old 08-11-2014, 11:01 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Did you guys not get the embossed Aston wings on a custom leatherman next to the bulb & screwdriver?

Old 08-11-2014, 12:08 PM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by captain Greg
Did you guys not get the embossed Aston wings on a custom leatherman next to the bulb & screwdriver?
Never looked at anything there. I think i will now. Isn't there supposed to be a first aid kit there too ?

Old 08-11-2014, 12:37 PM
The first-aid kit is a cost option at order time.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:14 PM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by karlfranz
The only thing of any real importance in that toolkit is the tow hook.
And on the convertibles, a wrench to manually close the top. Maybe only important If its raining

Old 08-12-2014, 08:22 AM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
Is that located next to the whiskey flask wrapped in matching leather?

Old 08-12-2014, 07:39 PM
^^^^ That is awesome, Steve. Very cool indeed.

Old 08-13-2014, 01:30 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by yankee04
Is that located next to the whiskey flask wrapped in matching leather?
no in mine its fwd of the kit in line with a small 2 inch phillips head screw driver the only other things in the foam pack are a bulb kit and a black screw in tow hook? on the other side is the battery so that is how it came? no other goodies, in the boot is a pump kit and a plastic bottle of goo for a wheel repair

Old 08-13-2014, 01:58 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
no in mine its fwd of the kit in line with a small 2 inch phillips head screw driver the only other things in the foam pack are a bulb kit and a black screw in tow hook? on the other side is the battery so that is how it came? no other goodies, in the boot is a pump kit and a plastic bottle of goo for a wheel repair
Thanks for all of the info guys. All I have is the tow hook. The dealer said none of there cars have any thing other than the tow hooks. So I will just carry a screw driver in the car from my work bench.
Ron

Old 08-14-2014, 11:38 AM
slayer of souls is on a distinguished road
If you are looking for an Aston Battery Tender, I have an original available that I never used with the original box etc.