Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin event in Thermal w/pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 01:19 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Aston Martin event in Thermal w/pics

So this past weekend I had the pleasure of attending a track event organized by Aston Martin Beverly Hills.

We arrived at Thermal at 9:00 and we were treated to a pretty good breakfast at the track. After which, we went into doing some autocross in a v12 vantage. It was my first time in the car and oh my... Compared to my puny v8 it's pure bliss. So smooth, so much torque... Even the SS transmission, which I usually despise in my car, has been greatly improved (though still not as good as a proper DCT).

(to be continued)

Old 10-14-2014, 01:28 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Next up was the skid pad. I went into a Rapide S and the idea was to spin it around until you lost traction (traction aids were off), then recover it.

You can see how dirty the car was from being abused in such manner.

Well, I spun it a bit hard and poor thing lost its power steering. I think I'm becoming an expert in breaking Aston Martins!

While they were working on it, I got a new Rapide S and went at it...

After which we went into the main track and had some practice in a Vanquish. Sorry, no photos as we both went into the car together (the instructor was outside, guiding us from the track, over radio). I do have a cool photo of some of the lineup though

Later we had a buffet lunch and went back for more auto cross and more extensive track experience (this time we were given a Rapide S). No photos, but videos might be coming up if requested ;-)

We ended doing hot laps in the Ogara GT4 car.

Later on, we went to the Ritz Carlton where we had a room, drink, on to a some delicious seafood and steak at Mastro's (all part of the package).

It was a delightful experience and major stress buster. Can't recommend it enough.

Old 10-15-2014, 01:54 AM
N91K is on a distinguished road
What a great event, it looks so much fun and nice pics! That poor Rapide S was abused so much though LOL!

Old 10-15-2014, 04:39 AM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
Looks like a lot of fun! Did the serpentine belt let go on the one you broke?

Old 10-15-2014, 06:28 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Wow what a wonderful event. How does one get on the attendee list I wonder?

Old 10-15-2014, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by dan87951
Looks like a lot of fun! Did the serpentine belt let go on the one you broke?
Yes, it was a belt. Car was up and running shortly after.

Originally Posted by mkzhang
Try emailing or calling Ogara and ask to be added on the list. This was a paid event and there apparently were some open spots, so I don't think it'd be hard to get in.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:42 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mkzhang
My local dealership puts on events at least every couple months or so. The staff there keep me informed.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:25 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Oh wow, I will need to find a time to talk to the local dealer too then. Would love to get more involved

Old 10-17-2014, 11:27 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Did you mention a video? :-)

Old 10-19-2014, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by spf1410
Did you mention a video? :-)
Some hastily edited clips

Old 10-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
It does not play!
Ron

Old 10-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
It does not play!
Ron
Just made it embed-able. Try again and/or click on the link.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:01 AM
Official video of the event:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=295925533935571

Looks like I didn't make the cut lol