Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Where can I find a differential, gearbox or part-out car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 10:52 PM
SlinginHoss is on a distinguished road
Where can I find a differential, gearbox or part-out car?

I have a 2010 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 speed manual and unfortunately, the rear differential went out. I've been exhausting every resource online, and with the V8 Vantages, the differential is only sold with the gearbox. However, the differential is sold separately for a V12 Vantage & DB9.

Does anyone know if a V12 Vantage & DB9 differential bolts up to a V8 Vantage gearbox?

Does anyone know where I can find a new/used differential for a V8 Vantage, either with the casing and all, or just the inside guts? If not, what about a manual gearbox with the differential bolted up for sale?

Does anyone know of any V8/V12 Vantage's that are being parted out/dismantled?

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

Old 01-15-2015, 09:17 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SlinginHoss
I have a 2010 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 speed manual and unfortunately, the rear differential went out. I've been exhausting every resource online, and with the V8 Vantages, the differential is only sold with the gearbox. However, the differential is sold separately for a V12 Vantage & DB9.

Does anyone know if a V12 Vantage & DB9 differential bolts up to a V8 Vantage gearbox?

Does anyone know where I can find a new/used differential for a V8 Vantage, either with the casing and all, or just the inside guts? If not, what about a manual gearbox with the differential bolted up for sale?

Does anyone know of any V8/V12 Vantage's that are being parted out/dismantled?

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!
What is your email address? I may be able to help.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 01-15-2015, 11:08 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Found this?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pts/4830598506.html

Old 01-15-2015, 11:41 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
I wonder if buying parts from a totaled car in a junk yard is a viable option

Old 01-15-2015, 04:39 PM
SlinginHoss is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
What is your email address? I may be able to help.
I sent you a PM. Thanks!

[QUOTE=rohnin;4273325]Found this?

Thank you, I just called the guy but he's not willing to separate the differential. And then when I asked him about prices for the packages, such as the transmission with the differential, he made absolutely no sense and was trying to ask for WAY more money than what he had listed in the Craigslist ad.

Originally Posted by mkzhang
I wonder if buying parts from a totaled car in a junk yard is a viable option
Definitely! I just can't find any Aston Martins in any dismantling yards/junk yards. If someone knows of any, then please don't hesitate to post or PM me.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:20 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
If you're looking for new internals:

astonmartinbits.com/models/5-V8-Vantage/parts/2420

Good luck with the search!

Old 01-17-2015, 11:52 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
My diff went out, got lucky on Ebay, I found 4 gears, I only needed one of them.

This means I have 3 gears in perfect shape, they were from a totaled 8k mile car... if you need one of these PM me, I still have them (too busy to put them on Ebay).

Seems this differential issue is not a one-time occurrence....

Old 01-18-2015, 02:18 PM
CARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of light
one for sale on EBay Germany,seller sends worlwild:

ebay.de/itm/ASTON-MARTIN-VANTAGE-4-3-V8-07-Differential-Gebrauchtgetriebe-DIFFERENTIAL-/171645748616?pt=DE_Autoteile&fits=Make%3AAston+Mar tin&hash=item27f6e24588

Old 01-22-2015, 01:29 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Hoss, I can supply the parts to rebuild the diff for $5300 give or take a dollar or two.
Alternatively, I can supply an entire, new OEM transaxle - the gearbox and the diff from the UK for $9000 USD + Shipping. Brand new original part. That's a hell of a price - US RRP for that part from the dealer is $24,263!

I actually have two available if anyone is interested?

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 01-23-2015, 08:20 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
$9K, sweet deal

Hoss, buy the complete OEM assembly before the racers pick them up just to have as "spares". Wow, a whole transaxle for $9,000, sounds like a buy to me.