Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Quicksilver cats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 09:50 PM
Hocdoc527 is on a distinguished road
Quicksilver cats

Honking bout putting quicksilver cats on my 07 v8 vantage. It has Quicksilver sport exhaust... Looking for feedback if it's worth it or not.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:15 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
200 cell cat replacement on an 07 makes a big difference. It will be LOUD though.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:12 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Just get the Ken Harrison cats and leave fuse 22 in. For the money you can't beat the KH cats. All 200cell cats sound the same so bran really means nothing. Also, KH has the rear O2 sensor extended bugs to prevent CEL lights.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:24 PM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
I like my exhausts on the loud side. However, I recently installed 200 cell Cats, and put my fuse 22 back into the car, with my stock exhaust. I think the cat/sport combo would be quite loud, without the ability to mitigate it via the valved stock exhaust.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:58 AM
Former Vendor
QuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Hocdoc527
Honking bout putting quicksilver cats on my 07 v8 vantage. It has Quicksilver sport exhaust... Looking for feedback if it's worth it or not.
Hi, if there is anything specific you wanted to know feel free to contact us
The sports cats offer a crisper, sharper crackle that cuts and re-forms up and down through the gears.
Dyno tests show a 16bhp improvement, increased mid-range torque and noticeably improved throttle response.
6kg weight saving. More info here- http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/A...ctbulletin.htm

Old 05-28-2015, 07:53 AM
ComoLakeItaly is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Just get the Ken Harrison cats and leave fuse 22 in. For the money you can't beat the KH cats. All 200cell cats sound the same so bran really means nothing. Also, KH has the rear O2 sensor extended bugs to prevent CEL lights.
I agree, I have mounted the KH 200 cells cats on my Roadster 2009 4.3 and the sound it's loud, especially for a convertible car

I would like to sell them (only 600km done with them), if somebody is interested...

Old 05-28-2015, 08:04 AM
Former Vendor
QuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ComoLakeItaly
I agree, I have mounted the KH 200 cells cats on my Roadster 2009 4.3 and the sound it's loud, especially for a convertible car

I would like to sell them (only 600km done with them), if somebody is interested...
Como is a lovely place, you must get lots of looks driving around there!

Old 05-28-2015, 08:19 AM
ComoLakeItaly is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by QuickSilver X
Como is a lovely place, you must get lots of looks driving around there!
yes, we have fantastic roads here with incredible panorama of mountains and different lakes

we have the furkapass, Oberalpass, Grimselpass, Stelvio pass and Dolomiti area at 120/250 km distance too

Old 05-28-2015, 08:24 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ComoLakeItaly
yes, we have fantastic roads here with incredible panorama of mountains and different lakes

we have the furkapass, Oberalpass, Grimselpass, Stelvio pass and Dolomiti area at 120/250 km distance too
I had an unforgettable bus ride there once, I think the driver thought he was in a Ferrari on a race track! Perhaps we should look at getting some exhausts for them

Old 05-31-2015, 10:32 AM
AJN334 is on a distinguished road
What are the pros and cons of going with the 200 cell secondary cat vs the secondary cat delete pipe? Is the de cat significantly louder? What are the power level differences people have seen? Do you lose torque with the de cat?

Old 06-01-2015, 02:27 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by AJN334
What are the pros and cons of going with the 200 cell secondary cat vs the secondary cat delete pipe? Is the de cat significantly louder? What are the power level differences people have seen? Do you lose torque with the de cat?
The earlier cars have one set of cats which our 200cell cats replace, later cars have 2 sets of cats and our cat deletes replace the second ones. In terms of sound they are a bit louder but not massively. There is a read out on this product sheet- http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/A...ctbulletin.htm.
The 200 cell cats have been dynoed giving over 16bhp and increased mid range torque and throttle response, expect similar results for the cat deletes. The sound is crisper with more crackle and can be used with or without our exhaust system. If it is ultimate power you are after we have a full racing manifolds and cat fully developed for the GT4 race series over here which we are sponsors of http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/A...ctbulletin.htm

Old 06-01-2015, 02:09 PM
AJN334 is on a distinguished road
Do the GT4 cars run the cat delete or 200 cell cats with the race manifolds? Also which model year was the cat added to the manifold?

Old 06-02-2015, 02:24 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by AJN334
Do the GT4 cars run the cat delete or 200 cell cats with the race manifolds? Also which model year was the cat added to the manifold?
The GT4 manifolds come with their own special 200 cell race cats as seen on their product sheet, these are not the interchangeable with our normal V8 race cats.

From 2010 Aston added secondary cats.