Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Sport Button

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 06:15 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
Smile Sport Button

Just took my new V8V MT for a beautiful Sunday morning jaunt.
Discovered the Sport button and what a surprise.
It seemed that the suspension became more taught, the exhaust sounded more aggressive and the engine became more responsive.
What a car.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:01 AM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
Sport button does not change the suspension. it does set the exhaust flaps to top sooner, and changes the throttle mapping for quicker response.

I agree it is super, and pressing sport has become part of the starting procedure before i start driving. It would be nice if you could make it default to on

Old 08-09-2015, 10:12 AM
My error. On my R8 the Sport button tightens the suspension and like the Vantage, changes the throttle response. The R8's exhaust is unchanged by the Sport button.

Old 08-09-2015, 11:30 AM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
I'm interested in your thoughts on the two cars. R8 and the V8V?

I test drove and R8 and it was high on my list before choosing the Aston.

For me when I sat in the R8, it just felt like a production car, It was fast, but for some reason lacked personality/soul, if you know what I mean.

Where as the Aston it felt special, and I could feel the cars personality/Soul. So I bought the Aston and have not looked back.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:39 PM
Remarkably different cars.
The R8 feels like a kickass sports car. The Vantage is a gentleman's touring vehicle.
Both are really hand built. Hand built English has a different, perhaps more exclusive presence than the German car. And remember that the R8 is a member of the Audi family.
Aston stands on it's own.
Mine are both manuals and I love them both

Old 08-09-2015, 04:16 PM
Yes, the R8 is defiantly faster than the Aston. I agree with the gentleman tourer. The R8 I drove was the automated Manual. Where as the Aston I bought is a Manual. It's sweet that you have both to choose from.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:47 PM
timwhayden is on a distinguished road
I have a '13 V8V and going into the menu you can set the sport button to stay on constantly as the default setting. It makes a huge difference!

Old 09-11-2015, 04:17 AM
Can you explain how that is accomplished. I often forget to use the Sport setting.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:12 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
The timing is great - just yesterday I picked up my GT and wondered why Sport mode did not stay on. Press Menu, and vehicle settings and the Sport mode is under that! I also could not figure how to lower the Nav screen looking for the 'shutdown' of the past - now you simply hold down the Nav button to also lower it.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:22 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Unfortunately, I believe this only works on Sportshift cars.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:06 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Having owned both cars... R8 & the a V8 Vantage when it came time to replace the V8 Vantage, I choose the V8 Vantage S. My seat-of-the pants evaluation is the R8 and the V8S are similar performing cars.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:04 PM
timwhayden is on a distinguished road
Hi is mostly correct on how to set the sport button to default. Press the menu button, then go under car settings and then press #4. Keep sport mode and the box will be checked. As usual Karl, you are correct-mine is a sport shift!

Old 09-15-2015, 11:23 AM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
Sport Button

No "Auto-Sport" feature on the 2012 Vantage S. :-(

Must have been a new menu item starting in 2013. I suppose I'll just have to continue to push that sexy button every time I start up.

Old 09-15-2015, 03:00 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Correct. This feature was added to the software later but I believe the dealer can force it to start in the On position for you using AMDS. Check with Irish.