Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin sport exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 01:16 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Aston Martin sport exhaust

So I was able to wrangle a really good deal on an Aston Martin sport exhaust for my 2007 vantage. I bought it from my dealer GALPIN Aston Martin is So Cal.
I paid $2660.00 pluse $ 280 for the install. I have a short video I will try and attach, plus a photo of the new tips that come with it ( they almost look like black chrome or pewter in there finish) Driving the car with the windows down now sounds like a Can Am car but with the windows up it's just a nice deep growl . The site won't let me upload the video it says it's too big. It is on my daughter's Facebook page so if you'd like to view the video there . "Girls drive fast too"
Ron

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	428554  

Last edited by Ron Avery; 09-17-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:10 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
You did a wonderful raising that daughter of yours Ron.

As for the exhaust, did you change outs the cats for higher flow ones?

Old 09-17-2015, 04:01 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
You did a wonderful raising that daughter of yours Ron.

As for the exhaust, did you change outs the cats for higher flow ones?
Thanks for the nice compliment about my daughter TONI, she is something else, quite the car girl.
I did not replace the cats or the headers, what I've tried to do with this car is due upgrades that are sanctioned by Aston Martin or offered by them and legal in the state of California. I know I could gain a lot more power going with aftermarket components and after my warranty is up I may pursue these options.
For now I'm quite happy with the set up I have.
Ron

Old 09-20-2015, 05:11 AM
mantonkroh is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
So I was able to wrangle a really good deal on an Aston Martin sport exhaust for my 2007 vantage. I bought it from my dealer GALPIN Aston Martin is So Cal.
I paid $2660.00 pluse $ 280 for the install. I have a short video I will try and attach, plus a photo of the new tips that come with it ( they almost look like black chrome or pewter in there finish) Driving the car with the windows down now sounds like a Can Am car but with the windows up it's just a nice deep growl . The site won't let me upload the video it says it's too big. It is on my daughter's Facebook page so if you'd like to view the video there . "Girls drive fast too"
Ron
Hi Ron

Nice sound! I have a 2013 AMV8V. I'm considering doing this modification. Does your exhaust still die out on the freeway past 65 mph/2400 rpms? I want to have the exhaust note continue past 2400 rpms.

Thanks!
Manton

Old 09-20-2015, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by mantonkroh
Hi Ron

Nice sound! I have a 2013 AMV8V. I'm considering doing this modification. Does your exhaust still die out on the freeway past 65 mph/2400 rpms? I want to have the exhaust note continue past 2400 rpms.

Thanks!
Manton
Mango,
At freeway cruising speeds the exhaust note is a nice growl, definitely louder than stock but non-obtrusive. If you do excelerate in sixth or down shift to fifth you do here a really nice exhaust note again not too loud but definitely there. A big improvement over stock. I would like to add my car also has the solenoid exhaust flap valve deactivated at all times, not with the fuse but just deactivated at the exhaust system.
Ron

Old 09-20-2015, 04:00 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I should know the answers to this but always seem to get conflicting information. The standard exhaust for the 4.3 and 4.7 are different, right? I have read that stock for stock the 4.3 sounds better than the 4.7. True?

What is the difference between stock and the sport exhaust? I have a 13 with the stock exhaust. I wish is were a little bit louder. I don't want a super loud one, I had that in my last car and it was too intrusive. I assume my only real option is an after market exhaust, right?

Last edited by deckman; 09-20-2015 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by deckman
I should know the answers to this but always seem to get conflicting information. The standard exhaust for the 4.3 and 4.7 are different, right? I have read that stock for stock the 4.3 sounds better than the 4.7. True?

What is the difference between stock and the sport exhaust? I have a 13 with the stock exhaust. I wish is were a little bit louder. I don't want a super loud one, I had that in my last car and it was too intrusive. I assume my only real option is an after market exhaust, right?
Manton,
I'm sorry about spelling your name incorrectly it was AutoCorrect. In answer to your question. I'm not sure not owning a 4.7. I have heard what you are talking about with the sound quality between the two motors, it would probably be a different part number for the sport exhaust for the 4.7 I'm not sure if there's a big difference between stock and sport on your 4.7 however.
I always find it best to ask someone that I was a 4.7 or your dealers parts department.
Ron

Old 09-20-2015, 04:44 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I had an 09 non sports muffler and the sound was neutered compared to my previous 07 stock exhaust. I now have a 15 GT and it has a great sound. The smaller engines i think sound more Ferrari and the larger more American muscle. I still prefer the 07.

Old 09-20-2015, 05:18 PM
larryg is on a distinguished road
I know that the issue of fuse removal has been covered many times but allow one more round.
As stated, I have a new late 2014 V8V with 6M. First Aston and just love it.
It has the standard exhaust system
My understanding is that on the late cars, fuse #15 completes the circuit for the exhaust flap system. Removing it essentially keeps the system open at all rpm levels.
I was reading the owner's manual and it states that #15 fuse controls not only the exhaust flap but also is involved with the vacuum pump.
Anyone know what the vacuum pump is?
Can I still remove the fuse for a louder exhaust sound?
Thanks

Old 09-20-2015, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by larryg
I know that the issue of fuse removal has been covered many times but allow one more round.
As stated, I have a new late 2014 V8V with 6M. First Aston and just love it.
It has the standard exhaust system
My understanding is that on the late cars, fuse #15 completes the circuit for the exhaust flap system. Removing it essentially keeps the system open at all rpm levels.
I was reading the owner's manual and it states that #15 fuse controls not only the exhaust flap but also is involved with the vacuum pump.
Anyone know what the vacuum pump is?
Can I still remove the fuse for a louder exhaust sound?
Thanks
It's my understanding that you can simply unhook the vacuum line from the valve itself in the exhaust system without touching the fuses. Only caveat is that this was how it is with my 2007
Ron

Old 09-20-2015, 10:23 PM
Ron Avery: No worries on the autocorrect. My name has been butchered many times, in many worse ways . . . tampon, wanton, womanton. lol The issue I have is that with my AMV8V, it exhaust note dies out after hitting 65 mph and/or 2400 rpms. I also removed the Fuse 22 out to keep the butterfly flaps open. I would like a continuous loud growl, but not overbearing to **** off my neighbors or to seem like a ******bag. That's why I was curious if you were on the freeway, did the growl still exist while passing the 2400 rpm mark.

deckman: Looks like you and I are on the same boat. I heard the same regarding the 4.3 and 4.7. I also have the 2013 with stock exhaust and looking for something louder, but not crazy. I'm looking for a growl rather than a high pitched sound. What have you been looking at so far?

With the help of @karlfranz, I have the part numbers for the exhausts:
- Regular V8V: 6G33-5230-HK
- Sport Exhaust for Reg V8V kit (selling on website): 6G33-35-10541 (includes exhaust AD23-5230-AE and smoked chrome exhaust tips)
- V8VS 2014+: BG33-5230-AB
- N420/Vantage V12: AD23-5230-AE

Old 09-25-2015, 09:50 PM
timwhayden is on a distinguished road
I have a '13 V8V and replaced the standard muffler with a V8VS muffler I got used off ebay for $600. I have the valves open constantly by unhooking the vacuum tubing to the valves. It is definitely louder than stock from idle all the way up to red line. It has a wonderful growl quality to it and has an intoxicating burble on deceleration that the stock did not have. It is exactly what I was looking for- louder but not too loud. I also have a Gallardo with an aftermarket exhaust and it is very loud and F1 high pitched sounding which I really love, but I like the Aston exhaust sound just as much even though they are quite different!

Old 09-26-2015, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by timwhayden
I have a '13 V8V and replaced the standard muffler with a V8VS muffler I got used off ebay for $600. I have the valves open constantly by unhooking the vacuum tubing to the valves. It is definitely louder than stock from idle all the way up to red line. It has a wonderful growl quality to it and has an intoxicating burble on deceleration that the stock did not have. It is exactly what I was looking for- louder but not too loud. I also have a Gallardo with an aftermarket exhaust and it is very loud and F1 high pitched sounding which I really love, but I like the Aston exhaust sound just as much even though they are quite different!
Nice! Do you have video of the exhaust note? It may be wishful thinking, but also a video of you on the freeway in 5th and 6th gear? If your exhaust note is still growling beyond 4400 rpms in 6th, then I will have to do what you did.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:45 PM
timwhayden is on a distinguished road
mantonkroh, I am not real tech savvy but I will see if my son can help me upload a video. But you could listen to any V8VS on line or at a dealer, friend etc because it would sound the same. Would be nice though if it had it's valves open constantly as well.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:13 AM
Originally Posted by timwhayden
mantonkroh, I am not real tech savvy but I will see if my son can help me upload a video. But you could listen to any V8VS on line or at a dealer, friend etc because it would sound the same. Would be nice though if it had it's valves open constantly as well.
Thank you. I will check out a V8VS and see how it sounds. I'm also looking to get a Quicksilver Supersport Plus but it might be too loud for a daily. LOL.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin sport exhaust