Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Orlando area PPI?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 05:55 PM
Zard is on a distinguished road
Orlando area PPI?

Any recommendations for a PPI in orlando FL?

thanks in advance!

Old 03-14-2016, 06:26 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
What are you looking at and who's selling it?

Old 03-14-2016, 06:30 PM
08 V8V. Offered for sale by consignment via Aston Martin of Orlando.

Old 03-14-2016, 06:59 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
What are your areas of concern.
The previous owner bought it pre-owned from Orlando AM. They won't sell it if it's junk, and they've done the service since 2012.

That said, I don't know of a good PPI there. I lived in Orlando with my '08 Vantage and got to know the team at Orlando AM very well.

I'd be most concerned about the up close cosmetics. You can ask the dealer for any specifics about the mechanicals and they won't lie to you. But cosmetics are more subjective with a pre-owned car. You really need to have an opinion from someone you trust. But a PPI won't really give you that either. Yes, they'll point out any obvious stuff, but one man's "light wear" is another man's "totally ruined".

If you haven't gotten an inspection in the next few weeks, I'm likely to be in Orlando for business. I'd be happy to at least give it a look and a drive and tell you what I think.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the info. My main concern in that it is a consignment car that they do not have in hand, and that asking them to do the PPI seems like a bit of a conflict of interest.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:12 PM
consignment is a seller's effort to get more $. The dealer doesn't really care.
I'd feel 100% confident having that particular dealership do an "inspection". I don't know what they'd charge, maybe nothing if it makes the sale. But with a consignment, the dealer doesn't have much skin in the game. But their name is on the sale so they'll want to avoid selling a POS.
Ask them.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:15 PM
Thanks again. I will try and call them again in the morning to discuss.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:19 PM
Incidentally, their asking price is very good. If you like the colors and want a 6 speed, I don't think you'll pay much less.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:21 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by IbisRider
I'd feel 100% confident having that particular dealership do an "inspection". I don't know what they'd charge, maybe nothing if it makes the sale. But with a consignment, the dealer doesn't have much skin in the game. But their name is on the sale so they'll want to avoid selling a POS.
Ask them.
I agree with Ibis... Sent you a PM. Whats a plane ticket for you to Orlando R/T? That's what I'd consider even if they do a inspection for you.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:36 PM
Plane fair is not bad $650 or so, more of a time issue than anything.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:11 PM
Thanks to all for the advice, car arrived yesterday, could not be happier.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:13 AM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Now to enjoy - Congrats !!

Old 04-21-2016, 07:23 AM
Kapoosh1 has a spectacular aura aboutKapoosh1 has a spectacular aura aboutKapoosh1 has a spectacular aura about
Congrats! Picked up mine from Aston Martin of Orlando on Saturday, must have just missed seeing yours. Love the red.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:29 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Congrats!!

Old 04-21-2016, 08:54 AM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
There's something special about a lady in red...

Beautiful. Congrats, and welcome to the club

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Orlando area PPI?