Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage suspension squeak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 01:23 PM
MrRobot is on a distinguished road
I've had multiple squeaks.. the first turned out to be a brake pad. It took a couple adjustments (not really sure what they do, but it worked). The second ended up being a loose control arm which caused some sway/rubbing.

Old 06-15-2020, 01:17 PM
talltim is an unknown quantity at this point
hi

just thought I would update on my squeaky and creaky Vanquish suspension

The front lower arm bolts were removed cleaned refitted, then suspension geo set up

And the front anti roll (sway) bar D bushes were replaced

So far 400 silent miles

Old 12-15-2020, 08:51 PM
kraig burgess is an unknown quantity at this point
Squeaking and Creaking

This is a follow up in the post for the strange noises some members have had and attempts to fix it. I have a 2012 Rapide with 24k miles. Owned it since June 2020 and noticed the same similar creaks and squeaks especially in cold weather and when the car is torqued like backing out of my driveway over the curb. It is worse with cold weather and improves slightly after warm up. I mentioned it to the dealer and he simply said, “yeah that happens and sometimes we can find the source by lubing or replacing suspension parts...but sometimes it doesn’t work.” Not the most satisfying answer and expensive guesswork for the problem.
Some people on the forum mentioned trying to lubricate some of the control arms. Anyone have any advice on how to go about doing that. Someone else mentioned somebody panels were rubbing against one another. Any idea which panels that might be?

it’s annoying and embarrassing. It’s the most expensive and noisy car I’ve ever owned when considering the squeaky suspension, brakes squeaking at low speed and interior dash vibrating especially at certain RPMs.

Much appreciated

Kraig

Old 12-16-2020, 11:40 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Kraig:

Share this link with your dealer: https://aston1936.com/2018/08/11/rep...on-martin-db9/

Old 12-17-2020, 10:36 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I am the OP. Four years later I've put a whopping 8k more miles on the odo. I love the car but I've added more odd noises coming from various areas. It's the one thing about the car that drives me crazy. I've looked at many ways to locate the noises to no avail. I'll investigate this original one.further based on above.

I had some damage that involved the passenger door and front quarter panel. They needed body work. That was done and I immediately noticed a new sound. Took it back to the shop (D&V autobody in norther VA) and they said they couldn't find anything. Earlier this year I found a screw hanging from a small opening at the bottom of the door. The screw head was keeping it from coming out. So it seems they left something loose that worked its way out or they just left the screw in there completely unattached. That account to at least some of the noise. I will open that door panel up over the winter and solve that noise. I'm not sure what to do about the rest.