Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Updated Navigation Unit

Old 04-22-2016, 01:39 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Updated Navigation Unit

I have successfully updated the Navigation on my 2007 Vantage using the latest Volvo discs. (Part Number 31428073 1420)
For those interested I have documented the process on my website at:

http://bernardembden.com/am/navupdate/index.htm

The package arrived from Navteg (HERE) with four discs.
A cleaning disc.
2nd. Disc B which I used.
District of Columba, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia.
Canada. New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edwards Island, Quebec.
Others. Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands.
I do not intend to use the 3rd and 4th discs.

3rd disc (A) with the following designations.
Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming,
Canada. Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Saskatchewan, Yukon Territory.

4th disc (C) with the following designations.
Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
Canada. Manitoba, Ontario.

If anyone would like to purchase disc A or disc C, please PM me.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:04 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Nice. Been debating updating my 07. I really only need what you call disc "C" but would most likely buy the whole set just in case I go on a long trip or sell the car someday.

I wish the AM splash screen would show up every time.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:34 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I up dated my 2007 with same Volvo discs. I see the Aston Martin splash screen every time I start the car.
Ron

Old 04-23-2016, 08:24 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I would do the update just to have the Aston Martin screen! But, if it only showed up that one time, and not on each startup, I guess there's no point. I do wonder why a Volvo disc would show an AM screen?
CATTMAN

Old 04-23-2016, 04:04 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
I up dated my 2007 with same Volvo discs. I see the Aston Martin splash screen every time I start the car.
Ron
Is the navigation completely off before you start the car? Or is it on and when you start it comes on automatically?
That might make a difference As to when you see the Aston splash screen

Old 04-24-2016, 05:54 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by embdenb
Is the navigation completely off before you start the car? Or is it on and when you start it comes on automatically?
That might make a difference As to when you see the Aston splash screen
When I turn the key and then press the start button, the NAV screen rises then the Aston Martin splash screen appears and after that the legal message appears then I have to push enter to get past it then ittakes me to the map on the nav screen.
Ron

Last edited by Ron Avery; 04-24-2016 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
When I turn the key and then press the start button, the NAV screen rises then the Aston Martin splash screen appears and after that the legal message appears then I have to push enter to get past it then ittakes me to the map on the nav screen.
Ron
Ron, examining my Navigation the splash screen appears under the following:

If the Navigation unit is turned off (shut down) in the menu screen via the toggle control while the car is running, subsequent turning on of the Navigation via pressing the "Enter" button will not display the Aston Martin splash screen at start up.
If the Navigation unit is left in the "on" (operational) position while the car is shut down, subsequent restarts of the car will automatically activate the Navigation unit to open and will display the Aston Martin splash screen.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by embdenb
Ron, examining my Navigation the splash screen appears under the following:

If the Navigation unit is turned off (shut down) in the menu screen via the toggle control while the car is running, subsequent turning on of the Navigation via pressing the "Enter" button will not display the Aston Martin splash screen at start up.
If the Navigation unit is left in the "on" (operational) position while the car is shut down, subsequent restarts of the car will automatically activate the Navigation unit to open and will display the Aston Martin splash screen.
Yep, that is what I was attempting to say. That is how my setup works.
Ron