Debadge - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Debadge

Old 05-30-2016, 10:12 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Debadge

Just wondering if anyone here has debadged the "Vantage" badge on the back of the car? Considering it myself to clean up the rear end, the fact that it's off to one side by itself bugs my OCD need for balance.

Any advice if I'm to do it? just hit it with goo gone?

Old 05-31-2016, 04:35 AM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n View Post
Just wondering if anyone here has debadged the "Vantage" badge on the back of the car? Considering it myself to clean up the rear end, the fact that it's off to one side by itself bugs my OCD need for balance.

Any advice if I'm to do it? just hit it with goo gone?
They took my badge off when I had some clear wrap installed and I ended up leaving it off. Looks a lot better to me.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:46 AM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Mine was badge-delete from the factory.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:55 AM
pdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud of
Hairdryer, dental floss and goo gone worked on my other car - but I could still see a faint outline of the badge in the right light. Don't know if it was because the paint around the badge had faded in the sun, but I couldn't get rid of it. If you're OCD about the badge, you'll drive yourself nuts if you can still see an outline of it when it's gone!

Old 05-31-2016, 11:03 AM
telum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond repute
Mine was factory-deleted. I think the car looks far, far better without the badge.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:12 AM
skywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the rough
This is funny as I actually added the badge back to my car as I was tired of answering which model it was.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:39 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by skywagon View Post
This is funny as I actually added the badge back to my car as I was tired of answering which model it was.
That's why I got these license plates, but it didn't really help. Most people around here still have no idea what it is.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	badgerbimmers-2728 (Custom).jpg
Views:	74
Size:	329.2 KB
ID:	449983  
Old 05-31-2016, 01:09 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by pdacton View Post
Hairdryer, dental floss and goo gone worked on my other car - but I could still see a faint outline of the badge in the right light. Don't know if it was because the paint around the badge had faded in the sun, but I couldn't get rid of it. If you're OCD about the badge, you'll drive yourself nuts if you can still see an outline of it when it's gone!
that's what I've heard in the past, you're supposed to hit it w/the googone before the hair dryer, wait a little then use the dental floss to get it off right?

i'm considering wrapping the car in the somewhat near future so i guess i could always wait for that as well.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:13 PM
vargas is a jewel in the roughvargas is a jewel in the roughvargas is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by pdacton View Post
That was the case on my 07 V8V. I took my DA and put some premium grade compound @ 4.5rpm and gradually went down to 3k. Perfect finish.

Old 05-31-2016, 02:12 PM
pdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n View Post
that's what I've heard in the past, you're supposed to hit it w/the googone before the hair dryer, wait a little then use the dental floss to get it off right?

i'm considering wrapping the car in the somewhat near future so i guess i could always wait for that as well.
I heated it up then used the dental floss to get behind the badge and pry it off. Then I hit it with goo gone to get any residual adhesive off. I didn't try it in the order you described - that might work also. I did it on a crappy Nissan - don't think I'd risk it on my Aston!

Old 05-31-2016, 03:39 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Mine was removed by (we presume a ANC supporter) while I was adjudicating a milf cheerleader competition (hope he fed his village for a month on redeeming it at cash converters)
I removed the outline with 3M clay and polished the part, no trace of it and like others have said it smartens the *** of the car IMO.

Astons do not need to tell all, its the James Bond thing

Even my newest Merc, no wher on the car is the name presented but it's pure Brabus and only a fool won't know what it is.

On the odd accession I park my Aston in a mall or place where it's busy I enjoy the confusion of other petrol,heads wondering what it is?

Old 05-31-2016, 07:58 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jeff_335i View Post
Mine was badge-delete from the factory.
Same here.
Ron

Old 05-31-2016, 08:38 PM
007JB is an unknown quantity at this point
for my taste- no badge

Old 05-31-2016, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the feedback, and it's all I need to see this through. Gonna give it a shot this wkend.