Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DSC . Error

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 06:05 PM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
DSC . Error

So I had a flat on the right rear a while back. Ended up getting a lift home on the back of a flatbed. Anyway I ordered and installed the same tires on both rears. Ever since then the back end has felt loose. Like it wants to follow ruts and such. I feel uncomfortable above 80 mph. Today when using a 3/4 circle on ramp the DSC light kept flashing and the rear would track funny.

I know with the engine there is a process to have it re-learn parameters by doing the 70 to 20 thing. Is there anything related to the DSC that would be needed to be reset after a flat?

Old 07-13-2016, 07:05 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Have you had the alignment checked?

Old 07-13-2016, 07:54 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Could be alignment.
Might sound weird, but check your lugnuts to make sure they're all torqued properly. If they're fine, might be that one or both of the new wheels wasn't balanced when the new tires were put on.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:44 PM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Thanks. I was there when the tires were balanced and watched the machine show good with both after he added the weights. I'll try taking both wheels off and put them back on to make sure they are mounted flush.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:40 PM
Aston22 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm having similar issues. The previous owner had winter tires. The dealership swapped them before I bought the car. I get flashing DSC on overpass cloverleaf as well. It even turns off my traction control occasionally. They couldn't find anything last time I was in.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:53 PM
Wondering where the sensor is located. Assume along the axel somewhere. Anyone know and could it just be the sensor is dirty? Or is it magnetic and dirt not a factor?
When I had my flat the tire goop escaped when it finally ruptured and coated the back end of the car. Maybe it got the sensor too?

Old 07-13-2016, 11:25 PM
Aston22 is an unknown quantity at this point
The wheel speed sensors I believe can cause the error. There was another guy on here that had the problem. He replied a wheel hub and wheel speed sensor and it went away.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:08 PM
So I pulled the wheel that had gone flat off and looked for the sensor. Only two wires down there and one I knew was the brake wear indicator. Pulled the parking brake caliper off to get to the other. Then saw that I was going to probably have to pull the rotor off. (I'm not big on reading manuals). Anyway I got some carb cleaner and sprayed in the general area where the sensor looked like it would be on the disc side.
Put everything back and a preliminary test drive seems to be ok. No lights coming on and felt stable above 80.
Will go out to some curves tomorrow and see if I get any lights or 'pulls' to one side or the other.

Last edited by Old phart; 07-17-2016 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:36 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Old phart
So I pulled the wheel that had gone flat off and looked for the sensor. Only two wires down there and one I knew was the brake wear indicator. Pulled the parking brake caliper off to get to the other. Then saw that I was going to probably have to pull the rotor off. (I'm not big on reading manuals). Anyway I got some carb cleaner and sprayed in the general are where the sensor looked like it would be on the disc side.
Put everything back and a preliminary test drive seems to be ok. No lights coming on and felt stable above 80.
Will go out to some curves tomorrow and see if I get any lights or 'pulls' to one side or the other.
I am glad you might have this sorted out. I am sure its so far a relief. This changes the subject, but would you mind posting some good pics of your engine compartment. I have changed the compartment on all the cars I have had to make it unique, would love to see a thread from you on yours, or at least some good pics here with what process, paint, powder coating etc you did. I am assuming parts were done with high heat paint????

Thank you sir,

Sheriff

Old 07-17-2016, 11:52 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Sorry Never mind------ I searched and found much more helpful information that you posted here and piston heads. Looks amazing and your write up the coil work seems doable if needed ever. Thanks

Old 07-20-2016, 03:03 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Old phart
Thanks. I was there when the tires were balanced and watched the machine show good with both after he added the weights. I'll try taking both wheels off and put them back on to make sure they are mounted flush.
If the wheel was not put on the machine correct, it will effect the balance. Ask me how I know. Glad is was a simple fix!!

Last edited by randyb; 07-20-2016 at 03:05 PM.