Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Adding an Accent color to the Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 04:37 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Adding an Accent color to the Vantage

I have debated this for the past six months. Finally decided to go ahead and drastically change how my car looks.

I have added an accent color to the grill, mirror caps etc.
I have added a photograph of the car, however for those who are interested in the details I have detailed the process and added a quite a number of photographs on my website.
The link is:

http://bernardembden.com/am/accents/index.htm

Attached Images  
Old 08-12-2016, 05:12 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Welcome to the dark side, seems like I've got a twin

Old 08-12-2016, 06:05 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mkzhang
Welcome to the dark side, seems like I've got a twin
Same color I gather ?

Old 08-12-2016, 07:25 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but the first thing I thought when I went to the site was "Bozo the Clown". The color scheme just looks too busy, IMO.

Notwithstanding, an opinion is like an a-ho, everyone has one!

Old 08-12-2016, 07:50 PM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
I love it: suits well imho apart from the yellow on the rotors... but hey, it's what you like!

Last edited by sdekoning; 08-12-2016 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 02:36 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
its bold thats for sure, to each his own

Old 08-13-2016, 09:27 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Coming from an oldster, it better suits a youngster. I would expect the guy getting out of the car to be someone in his 30s, not a mature gentleman....

Old 08-13-2016, 10:44 AM
BMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant future
Bernard - if you like it that's all that matters. You only live once. I looked through the link you posted and some good tips - esp. the Volvo mirror covers. I'm putting together an OE cross reference for this car - man it's like a Frankenstein of parts borrowed from all over the place - my latest discovery is the twin air filters borrowed from a snowmobile.

Old 08-13-2016, 10:40 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Personally I think the mesh in the hood vents was a bit much. I think doing gunmetal for the hood vent mesh and the wheels would give it a great looks. Style is completely subjective, though, so that's just my opinion!

Old 08-14-2016, 12:27 AM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
not for me, although i'd probably reconsider if the suspension setup was more aggressive.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:31 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
I see a distinct similarity

Attached Images