Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Rough month for the Vantage :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 01:06 PM
EGR
EGR is an unknown quantity at this point
Rough month for the Vantage :(

Driving home a couple weeks ago, a random object fell from the sky and put two large chips in the windshield... Filed my insurance claim, waiting on arrival on the new glass from the UK... Last night, i was able to experience the infamous tail light failure that i've read so much about... dried everything out today with a heat gun and air compressor, but seems like the LED controller is fried To top it all off, i'm getting a weird sound from my rear brake that i need to investigate.... Being a musician on tour about 25 days a month doesn't leave much time to enjoy this thing... Now with these headaches i can barely get in any wheel time

Anyone have a stock red LH tail light handy that works????

At least the Duc is working.....

Old 09-06-2016, 08:49 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
I was driving last week and a guy pulled up next to me looking eager so I rolled my window down and he proceeded to tell me that he loved the car and that my right rear brake light was flashing. I took her home and noticed condensation and the flickering light....I know your pain.

I also had my drivers side LED blinker up front go out. I was able to take out the light, open it up and fix it thanks to the help from Cadmans post:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rn-signal.html

I have owned the car for over 7 years now and these 2 issues are 2 of only 3 issues I have experienced with this car. Stick with it!

EDIT-the noise could be a small rock stuck in the break. I have had this happen once

Last edited by DetomasoGTS74; 09-06-2016 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:30 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Gorgeous bike. Full body shot?

Old 09-06-2016, 09:40 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Try buying a light off a salvaged / junk yard car, might be cheaper

Old 09-07-2016, 03:11 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
so us Vantage types have a thing for Ducs

In contrast im a simple Pilot and only get to work 12- 14 days a month...with plenty of time to have seat / saddle and Milf watching time

Old 09-07-2016, 12:57 PM
EGR
Hah yeah, love motorcycles. I restore vintage Hondas as well. Can't stay out of the shop. Ducati is actually the most reliable vehicle I own haha

Old 09-07-2016, 02:36 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
I'll take the white one please!!

Old 09-07-2016, 02:39 PM
EGR
Originally Posted by randyb
Haha I'll build one for yah, only takes about 2 years because I have tons of free time

Old 09-07-2016, 02:39 PM
BTW: Feel lucky, I had to replace my coils and then got into an accident within a week of each other. Then had to wait over 4 months to get my car back from body shop and when I did the starter button would not always work and my hood was misaligned.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:44 AM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
front turn signal

hey detomasoGTS74
just curious, when you fixed your left turn signal,was it the same broken loose component if found on my post ?

Old 09-08-2016, 10:18 AM
EGR
BTW: Feel lucky, I had to replace my coils and then got into an accident within a week of each other. Then had to wait over 4 months to get my car back from body shop and when I did the starter button would not always work and my hood was misaligned.
ouch!

Old 09-08-2016, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by EGR
Haha I'll build one for yah, only takes about 2 years because I have tons of free time
LOL, that is a sweet looking ride, I like that style.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:48 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
[QUOTE=EGR;4558103]Hah yeah, love motorcycles. I restore vintage Hondas as well. Can't stay out of the shop. Ducati is actually the most reliable vehicle I own haha

Wow I have never seen a 749 like that, it looks like the 999 we used to get in SA.
Very nice:

Old 09-08-2016, 12:53 PM
So let me get this right? .... You would rather spend a night with Hilary Clinton than Nina Agdell, or Taylor Swift....while I appreciate that deep down they all have the same functions, one is fun, agile, sexy.....the other......well ...

Old 09-08-2016, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by captain Greg
So let me get this right? .... You would rather spend a night with Hilary Clinton than Nina Agdell, or Taylor Swift....while I appreciate that deep down they all have the same functions, one is fun, agile, sexy.....the other......well ...

Actually you are saying you would rather have a 16 yr old brat, while I prefer one that is built and is fun, agile and won't take half my money when she leaves.
Guess you are not DIYer or you would know why I liked. I can go a buy a Duc anytime, but one that is built by hand and is unique, is something special.

To bad you are so narrow minded.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rough month for the Vantage :(