Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

A Special Kind of Homecoming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 10:05 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Time for any suggestions for a personalized License Plate.

I am in South Carolina and obviously work for the government so I have to keep it clean and nothing condescending to anyone. So.....

I would like something within the Bond theme, but nothing pretentious either. I want someone behind me to laugh and say thats pretty cool, rather than "look at that idiot, drives an Aston and thinks he's James Bond". I think you guys know what I mean.

Choices I have at this point, and I have to give 3x of them:
1. NOTASPY
2. 700 TON
3. QBRANCH However I really want this---- LOOd73H but since the lowercase "d" its not possible.

Up for debate, Opinions desired-------

Old 09-10-2016, 10:49 AM
drivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
I noticed that one when doing some searching last month. The guy selling it is counting on that to bring him the, I think 70k or more for the car. Priced way to high and I think it had 40k miles or a little less. Cant remember but yes would be cool to say that you had "Jack Bauer's" car, but only for the small novelty of it. Wouldn't likely impress anyone. However, I do like those pictures, likely says he really did own that one.
No '05 Automanual is worth that much. The second picture also reveals that he is a smoker...

You have the best 05 by far. It appears Speedracer800 and I are on a parallel path when it comes to relinquishing our beloved '05 DB9 Manuals for the purpose of acquiring an 09 DBS Manual. In fact we were both looking at the same cars at the same time.

However, If I was looking to purchase another 9 this would definitely have been my first choice. Congratulations! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:44 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
It's the little touches One of a few things being done with the Garmin setup.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:23 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Kanga
4yris

OK, I give up on this one? Please explain. I am missing something somewhere. Remember they must be all Caps.

Not sue why your quote of my post came out with lowercase in it and the last line where its HELP007 upside down and backwards doesn't have the "7" which is the L done right. Weird. But my post shows that correct

Old 09-13-2016, 12:33 PM
I open my email this morning and I find the below picture in there from Sppedracer800. Not fair at all to tease like that

Old 09-20-2016, 09:37 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Like Andrew has mentioned I'm including the Vspoke wheels I purchased for my (his) DB9 but never got around to getting them mounted up.

I bought these new but had them refinished in a graphite color and then a new diamond cut face machined to finish them off. Finally several coats of clear were also added to protect the beautiful finished product.

I agreed to get these installed on the car before delivery to Andrew but he asked that I apply 2 coats of "22PLE" coating to the wheels before having the tires mounted up. I have never applied any type of coating like this but Andrew (Sheriff) is a detailing pro and he gave me a quick lesson via email so I got after it in hopes of a good result.

I must say I've never been much of a believer in these coatings until my DBS arrived with a fresh application by the previous owners detail shop. I was blown away! I'm now a complete convert and applying this stuff to your wheels is certainly a great way to get acquainted with how it works and instantly recognize the value it brings.

Here's a couple photos of the process. It goes on quite wet with a microfiber sponge. This manufacturer recommends waiting 4-5min for the product to haze up, then simply buff off the residue with a clean microfiber cloth to the slickest finish imaginable.

I have to tell you, when I wash my DBS, I dry it completely with a hand dryer and almost no towel work needed at all. The water just beads and rolls right off with almost no effort. Bugs, tar, bird droppings etc simply doesn't stick to the paint at all now. It's really remarkable.

Also attaching photos of his new 'de'cat pipes and ECU flash from Velocity Performance. I'll be installing the exhaust as well before shipping the car next month down to Telum01 for him to take over the rest of the work lined up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rps20160920_220359.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	572.7 KB
ID:	459475

Name:	rps20160920_220435.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	692.7 KB
ID:	459476

Name:	rps20160920_220501.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	574.5 KB
ID:	459477

Name:	rps20160920_220528.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	638.7 KB
ID:	459478

Name:	rps20160920_223337.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	701.8 KB
ID:	459479

Old 09-20-2016, 09:50 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by drivergmx
No '05 Automanual is worth that much. The second picture also reveals that he is a smoker...

You have the best 05 by far. It appears Speedracer800 and I are on a parallel path when it comes to relinquishing our beloved '05 DB9 Manuals for the purpose of acquiring an 09 DBS Manual. In fact we were both looking at the same cars at the same time.

However, If I was looking to purchase another 9 this would definitely have been my first choice. Congratulations! Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Freakishly similar path indeed.. I'm wondering if you had as hard of a time relinquishing your DB9 as I am? Do you miss your DB9 at all now after trading it for the DBS? Even though I have a gorgeous DBS now sitting in the garage right next to it, it's going to be a very painful moment watching it load onto a trailer in a few short weeks.

I'm grateful that Sheriff (Andrew) has agreed to offer me first right of refusal should he decide to sell it someday. I absolutely love this car but no matter how much I tried to convince myself it made sense to keep it along with the DBS, I finally concluded it simply doesn't. Fortunately I have the Ferrari 360 now to help me through this difficult transition.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by speedracer800
Freakishly similar path indeed.. I'm wondering if you had as hard of a time relinquishing your DB9 as I am? Do you miss your DB9 at all now after trading it for the DBS? Even though I have a gorgeous DBS now sitting in the garage right next to it, it's going to be a very painful moment watching it load onto a trailer in a few short weeks.

I'm grateful that Sheriff (Andrew) has agreed to offer me first right of refusal should he decide to sell it someday. I absolutely love this car but no matter how much I tried to convince myself it made sense to keep it along with the DBS, I finally concluded it simply doesn't. Fortunately I have the Ferrari 360 now to help me through this difficult transition.
Definitely a First World issue --- having a F car as a comfort car

I hope I don't ever have to sell this one, but maybe finances will allow a DBS also for me, so if that happens, you get it back. Thanks for the pictures and all the work being done. I am sure we both will be excited to see what happens after TELUM01 get its and works the products that are starting to stack up in his garage waiting for a delivery.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:13 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Garage is cleared and ready to go, and your first order of parts arrived yesterday

Old 09-23-2016, 09:24 AM
skeena river rove is on a distinguished road
Great posts! keep the pics coming! Will be a very special car. Worth the wait

Old 09-23-2016, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by skeena river rove
Great posts! keep the pics coming! Will be a very special car. Worth the wait
I hope it will be! Between TELUM01 and SPEEDRACER800 both helping in ways and doing a few odds and ends to the car pictures will likely be a plenty and possibly a few DIYs mixed in with them. Almost bought all the parts, just a few left to arrange. Planning on going all out and getting the pain over with before I even drive the car. The only pain I could not stomach was dropping 10k on a set of HRE 20's. That way everything is sorted out before I take it on a 500mi drive. Plus, I get to be the first to say I have a TELUM01 DB series catch can. I feel like a #1 should be engraved on it, so when his product becomes viral mine will be worth the most.

Yes, the car should be in keeping with the AM classiness and within parameters of a DBS's aggressiveness. Thats the plan.

Caliper Change color from Black to---------POLL, let me know your thoughts members on what color to make the calipers.

Jet Black Paint --- paint correction to concours level or better
28% Ceramic window Tint, but keeping the chrome moldings chrome
Some CF bits in the appropriate places .

Colors----- AMG Burnt Bronze Copper is my first choice. Yellow (bright light yellow) is second, Even Orange could be a third. I want them to stand out, but not be gaudy looking and ruin the AM classiness of the car. The AMG caliper color should be perfect, but will listen to members thoughts.

Old 09-23-2016, 05:38 PM
drivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by speedracer800

Yes when the driver was putting the 9 in an enclosed Carrier and preparing it for shipping to Cali I felt numb. It wasn't just the two years I had invested in it, it was not knowing where it would end up. I felt responsible for it somehow. Seemed as though I should be interviewing prospective buyers in order to assure it's preservation. I've moved a lot of metal in my time but this one was truly special to me. Each DB9 is in itself a piece of Artwork developed using Fibonacci's Golden Ratio (Golden Section, Golden Mean). Beautiful to view from every angle. And it wasn't just me, every time I took it out people were drawn to it and the cameras would come out. Motorists would follow it and video it like Paparazzi.

Although I'll never regret trading up to the DBS, I do wish I had offered it up here to the community first like you did. At least you will find solace in knowing it will receive the best of care and added value going forward.

Salute!

Attached Images     

Last edited by drivergmx; 09-24-2016 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
I hope it will be! Between TELUM01 and SPEEDRACER800 both helping in ways and doing a few odds and ends to the car pictures will likely be a plenty and possibly a few DIYs mixed in with them. Almost bought all the parts, just a few left to arrange. Planning on going all out and getting the pain over with before I even drive the car. The only pain I could not stomach was dropping 10k on a set of HRE 20's. That way everything is sorted out before I take it on a 500mi drive. Plus, I get to be the first to say I have a TELUM01 DB series catch can. I feel like a #1 should be engraved on it, so when his product becomes viral mine will be worth the most.

Yes, the car should be in keeping with the AM classiness and within parameters of a DBS's aggressiveness. Thats the plan.

Caliper Change color from Black to---------POLL, let me know your thoughts members on what color to make the calipers.

Jet Black Paint --- paint correction to concours level or better
28% Ceramic window Tint, but keeping the chrome moldings chrome
Some CF bits in the appropriate places .

Colors----- AMG Burnt Bronze Copper is my first choice. Yellow (bright light yellow) is second, Even Orange could be a third. I want them to stand out, but not be gaudy looking and ruin the AM classiness of the car. The AMG caliper color should be perfect, but will listen to members thoughts.
AM used the Bright Yellow on the DBS Ultimate with the 5 parallel Spoke wheels, Magnificent!

Old 09-23-2016, 06:36 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Man glen your DBS is just beautiful

Old 09-24-2016, 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by drivergmx
AM used the Bright Yellow on the DBS Ultimate with the 5 parallel Spoke wheels, Magnificent!
Are there any pictures of one in Black with the Yellow. TELUM01 likes the AMG burnt copper I think the best, and its a subtle but standout color that should look impressive on a DB9. However, I see yellow fro time to time---member has a V12 V in a grey color with the yellow calipers and I think that looks so good. But Mine is black, so not sure. Has to be done right the first time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A Special Kind of Homecoming