Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

A Special Kind of Homecoming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 11:36 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
A Special Kind of Homecoming

As some of you might remember, Speedracer800 bought a DBS a while back and was trying to figure out what to do with his DB9. Well, turns out he found a buyer for it: SheriffDep! SheriffDep is overseas at the moment, but he'll be getting back in December for a brief break before heading back overseas a bit longer. He's having Speedracer800 do a few things to the car and then shipping it to me for a few more tweaks, and also letting me use it to work on a couple DB9-specific projects. Then he'll be coming here to collect the car and driving it down to his family during his break in December.

He asked me to start this thread to document the process. Sure, he's trusting a couple complete strangers from the internet, so this is a nice way to keep tabs on things. But mainly this is to help build up a little (a lottle!) excitement for him - he's still 3 months away from seeing the car he just bought and it's going to be a painful wait!

Things planned for the car include updated wheels, exhaust, tune, nav swap, iPod connection, catch cans, window tint, brake caliper color change, some carbon fiber, and a few other bits. This thread will be a journal to cover the work being done, so check back for updates as the car gets prepped for SheriffDep's homecoming!

Last edited by telum01; 09-07-2016 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:45 AM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Excellent ! I look forward to watching the progress!

Old 09-07-2016, 11:57 AM
MrCLOS has a spectacular aura aboutMrCLOS has a spectacular aura aboutMrCLOS has a spectacular aura about
This is great on some many levels. Subscribed.

Old 09-07-2016, 12:03 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Congratulations SheriffDep!!!!

Similar to having a new super model girl friend you never even touched and let your internet buddy ride her in and train her for the new owner.

This will be a great thread!!!

Old 09-07-2016, 12:07 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zettinger
Similar to having a new super model girl friend you never even touched and let your internet buddy ride her in and train her for the new owner.
omg... lol

Old 09-07-2016, 01:11 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
What is that under the front bumber?

Old 09-07-2016, 02:13 PM
jfdeasy9608 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't wait to see how this turns out. Very cool.

Old 09-07-2016, 02:22 PM
GDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Very cool and a great project.

Old 09-07-2016, 02:59 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Rich

Great story, look forward to watching the mods unfold. I once bought an AudiRS4 from 2000 km away and trusted a young guy I had only talked to via an Audi forum to inspect it, collect it and have it serviced before I collected it. He is now a close buddy.

Fabulous that you guys have set this up

Best wishes with it for all 3 of you

Graze

Old 09-07-2016, 07:27 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Great idea, looking forward to the progress...

Old 09-07-2016, 10:01 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Very cool idea. I'll definitely post some pictures as I get the new wheels mounted up for him as well as the exhaust installed. He's getting a very special DB9. it's going to be hard to see it go.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:53 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Zettinger
Congratulations SheriffDep!!!!

This will be a great thread!!!

When your busy or unavailable, sometimes its better to NOT train a supermodel. Better someone else goes through that ordeal. This way I just end up with a finished package to enjoy and also to then show off

Old 09-08-2016, 01:59 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by telum01
As some of you might remember, Speedracer800 bought a DBS a while back and was trying to figure out what to do with his DB9. Well, turns out he found a buyer for it: SheriffDep! SheriffDep is overseas at the moment, but he'll be getting back in December for a brief break before heading back overseas a bit longer. He's having Speedracer800 do a few things to the car and then shipping it to me for a few more tweaks, and also letting me use it to work on a couple DB9-specific projects. Then he'll be coming here to collect the car and driving it down to his family during his break in December.

He asked me to start this thread to document the process. Sure, he's trusting a couple complete strangers from the internet, so this is a nice way to keep tabs on things. But mainly this is to help build up a little (a lottle!) excitement for him - he's still 3 months away from seeing the car he just bought and it's going to be a painful wait!

Things planned for the car include updated wheels, exhaust, tune, nav swap, iPod connection, catch cans, window tint, brake caliper color change, some carbon fiber, and a few other bits. This thread will be a journal to cover the work being done, so check back for updates as the car gets prepped for SheriffDep's homecoming!

Thanks Rich,
I look forward to enjoying the pictures and process hopefully as much as everyone else will. These additions and new products that will be added will hopefully provide options all in one thread. We are doing a lot, I cringe when I see the excel sheet with the totals for what is being spent.

@Speedracer800 Thank you for your generosity in making this process seamless. That is a huge help, and Rich's part is a huge help also. Between the work and effort you two are putting into this project, then end result will and should be spectacular.

For everyone else, the modifications will be along standard lines and in keeping with the AM profile. I want the car to look as aggressive as possible, while maintaiing its classiness appeal. Speedracer800 has already greatly improved and updated parts of the car, I only plan to finish all of them off. I would have liked to have done some of this work myself, however being gone for the next year with only a month break, I figured let the professionals deal with any niggles that come up.

I CANT WAIT, to see the new wheels on it first. Then will get more and more excited. Thanks for the help guys!

Old 09-08-2016, 06:54 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Congrats Andrew, great project Rich! I'm definitely going to closely follow this thread.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:02 AM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
intrigued.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A Special Kind of Homecoming