Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

A Special Kind of Homecoming

Old 10-03-2016, 01:59 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Love the wheels - definitely a nice update. Along with the rest of the cosmetic stuff, this is going to look great. Much more sporty and modern while still being classy and elegant.

I'll be honest, I can't wait to hear what this thing sounds like with the cat deletes

Old 10-03-2016, 03:25 PM
Former Vendor
C1Forged will become famous soon enough
Congrats on the new Aston Sheriff; and I must say, this thread found my soft spot, as I'm currently in the middle of building my best friend's car while he's fighting overseas in Afghanistan. I would extend an offer to help you out with the build, but you've already found some very nice wheels to complement the car. I cant wait to see it when its all done!

Old 10-03-2016, 08:11 PM
skeena river rove is on a distinguished road
Looks great! it makes the DB9 a lot younger! But i agree with you that the gap between the wheel and body is to much. I think when you lower it a slight bit it looks awesome!.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:32 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by skeena river rove
Looks great! it makes the DB9 a lot younger! But i agree with you that the gap between the wheel and body is to much. I think when you lower it a slight bit it looks awesome!.

Just shot Stuart the information for paying for the lowering springs. I had to do it, been stressing about that due to a driveway at home with a bit of an angle. IF I have to "spill" some concrete along the gutter I will sometime during the dead of night. Should cure by morning

Wont know till the car is driven home in Dec, so crossing fingers. Biggest worry was that, and the fact my father will have to move it, drive it etc... during the following year where I am in AFG. So didn't want him to have to finagle it into contortions to get it in the driveway. Anyway we will see, but it will look a whole lot better.

LOVE the wheels, really makes it look younger.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:48 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by C1Forged
Congrats on the new Aston Sheriff; and I must say, this thread found my soft spot, as I'm currently in the middle of building my best friend's car while he's fighting overseas in Afghanistan. I would extend an offer to help you out with the build, but you've already found some very nice wheels to complement the car. I cant wait to see it when its all done!

Thank you! Couple car guys overhere, mind saying your friends name? Unfortunately I cannot say my location, so cant help there. But one is from CA and a contractor.

TELUM01 will be taking care of the rest of the build for me when the car is shipped to him in two weeks or so. I cant wait to read the DIYs and the progress, even though its my car. Very happy to be a part of this community, I hope I can give back as much as I have learned and taken over the past year.

Thanks Justin!

Old 10-04-2016, 09:46 AM
Former Vendor
C1Forged will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Thank you! Couple car guys overhere, mind saying your friends name? Unfortunately I cannot say my location, so cant help there. But one is from CA and a contractor.

TELUM01 will be taking care of the rest of the build for me when the car is shipped to him in two weeks or so. I cant wait to read the DIYs and the progress, even though its my car. Very happy to be a part of this community, I hope I can give back as much as I have learned and taken over the past year.

Thanks Justin!
His name is Stephen Davidson, stationed out of Fort Carson in Colorado.

Old 10-06-2016, 12:21 PM
Well Speedracer800 got the Decat pipes on it. Video for sound likely in a day or two. But..... I still cannot get over how clean the underbelly of this car is. Still looks brand new to me.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:38 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Well Speedracer800 got the Decat pipes on it. Video for sound likely in a day or two. But..... I still cannot get over how clean the underbelly of this car is. Still looks brand new to me.

Yes.. Video coming soon.

You're getting one of the nicest DB9's in the country I'm confident in saying my friend.

I'm a fanatic about keeping my cars clean and the addition of the 4post lift in my garage has taken my illness to another level. Each winter I spend hours under my cars cleaning and detailing every nook from front to back.

When I clean the interior I pull out the passenger seat so I can more easily move around inside the car and have even gone as far as removing all the interior leather to thoroughly treat and condition.

It's easy to keep paint looking good.. Keeping the undercarriage spotless is truly a labor of love and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:50 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
I finally got the video made with the test pipes installed..SheriffDep has been waiting very patiently for this. Enjoy!! I think it's fantastic!

Old 10-07-2016, 01:59 PM
GDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the rough
I love the sound. Thumbs Up

Old 10-07-2016, 02:00 PM
drivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the rough
My Rottie goes Berserkers when I play this video!

Old 10-07-2016, 04:01 PM
Nothing has sounded better 7k miles away

Old 10-07-2016, 05:56 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
VelocityAP springs arrived today!

Old 10-08-2016, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by telum01
VelocityAP springs arrived today!

How much will these lower the car? I've got mixed feelings about lowering Springs. It's such a challenge keeping the nose from scraping at regular ride height.. Any lower would seem to make it a real handful. Beyond potholes etc, even approaches in and out of parking lots and driveways require constant attention. The car has the skid plate under the bumper which helps but obviously only to a certain degree.

Why not consider a little bit of a taller tire to help fill the wheel well if that's the concern? I personally think the ride height on these cars is perfect as delivered but maybe a different tire could be a consideration.. Just my 2 cents.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by speedracer800
How much will these lower the car? I've got mixed feelings about lowering Springs. It's such a challenge keeping the nose from scraping at regular ride height.. Any lower would seem to make it a real handful. Beyond potholes etc, even approaches in and out of parking lots and driveways require constant attention. The car has the skid plate under the bumper which helps but obviously only to a certain degree.

Why not consider a little bit of a taller tire to help fill the wheel well if that's the concern? I personally think the ride height on these cars is perfect as delivered but maybe a different tire could be a consideration.. Just my 2 cents.
Here are my thoughts:

Taller tire means the circumference of the tire is larger. So in that aspect that will change characteristics of the drivetrain, speedometer, etc.... Already going from a 275/35 rear tire to a 285 tire mean you should go 285/30 to compensate and keep the circumference the same. I actually wonder with the new rims at 10 wide, if a 295 would fit under it.

IF the ride is the same or better its a plus. If the looks are better (we know they are) then its a huge plus for me. We are changing a difference of .75in. I feel that a curb or entrance that is going to cause a problem, wont make any difference with that .75in. I could be dead wrong though. I don't have any speed bumps, steep entrances or weird areas that I will deal with at home. I can't come up with any places that I know of. Even spending time in Charlotte NC, I can only come up with a few that I would work around. AMs are not the lowest ones out there so if I have to compensate once or twice then its still very much worth it. Although I do understand the concern.

My largest issue is if I don't get it done now, I have no one locally who I can trust to do the work. Or I do, but they have never done work on a AM. So figured why not and just get it done. Others here seem to not have issues to much, or didnt reply to the thread I created.

Concern noted though!!!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A Special Kind of Homecoming