Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Does anyone know this car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 11:36 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone know this car

I'm thinking about getting another V8V. Does anyone know this car?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122259737600...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Old 01-28-2017, 12:11 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
It has a tan interior yet no interior shots - that might mean there is abnormal wear that might show up more on tan or light interiors in pictures. I prefer tan they need a bit more attention to keep looking great.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:34 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Try this link. The dealership web site.

http://www.merlinautogroup.com/2008-...tage-c-302.htm

Old 01-28-2017, 02:08 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I don't know this particular car but I find the ad and the picture is a bit puzzling .
First the good things, I think the color combination and the condition of the car look wonderful.
It is Listed has premium audio and yet in the specs down below on the bottom of the ad it says 160 W stereo those two conflict.
It lists the BHP as 400 hp, in less this car has the powerpack option the horsepower is 380.
It also has a DBS shift ****, and a wood waterfall which is quite pretty although I did not know those were standard. Lastly the center consul looks as though it's been updated to 2009 or later which is a good thing so you have somewhere to rest your arm and put a drink.
If the car is as good as it looks, and you like the color combination and the options, and you can straighten out the discrepancies. I would also try and get a preowned Aston Martin warranty with the car for at least a year.
Happy hunting.
Ron

Last edited by Ron Avery; 01-28-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:50 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
it has the PowerPack as the intake is Black, it could be a late 2008 which might have come with the new console or he just replace it with the new model, it also has the N400 side sills and DBS/V12 shifter which are easy addons, noticed that it only has rear parking sensors. But got to agree the colours are nice togheter

Old 01-28-2017, 03:21 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by handyman2009
it has the PowerPack as the intake is Black, it could be a late 2008 which might have come with the new console or he just replace it with the new model, it also has the N400 side sills and DBS/V12 shifter which are easy addons, noticed that it only has rear parking sensors. But got to agree the colours are nice togheter
Wel that explains the horse power discrepancy, on my iPad there weren't any engine photos so that's why did not know it was true or not with the black intake manifold. I think the price is a bit on the high side. I tadaed in my 2007 Vantage coupe on my 2016 GT last August. My car had only 10,000 miles and was a six speed stick. With all of the same options as this car, except the N 400 side sills. My car also had the power pack and the Aston Martin sport exhaust, plus clear tail lights, and I pod and 19" split spoke sport rims . The dealer sold it for $51,000 with a one year extended warranty.
Ron

Last edited by Ron Avery; 01-28-2017 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:54 PM
Timodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to behold
Ghillies Green... I believe that car is originally from Long Island. Power upgrade is a nice bonus. Being an 08, the console can definitely be original to that car. Looks like it's in great condition.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:35 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
It looks lovely!

Old 01-29-2017, 06:09 AM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Looks great to me . If our crappy CAN peso wasnt so bad and I was still in the market for a V8V it would definately be on my list .

Old 01-29-2017, 08:06 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Wow this car is beautiful, love the color combo all around.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:49 PM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
That is the same center console as my 08. My recollection is the way to tell the difference between an 08 and 07, is that the 08 has the updated center consoles.

Easiest way to tell if it actually has the premium sound, have them take a picture. When you first turn the radio on, it says "Premium Sound"

Last edited by bluebarchetta; 01-29-2017 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:43 PM
spikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nice
Beautiful car and color combo. Definitely a fitting green for a british car. Tasteful upgrades. Probably some negotiating room with the price depending on how long it has been for sale. On the other hand, if you really like it and the condition is exceptional, it's worth paying a premium. I almost bought another v8v in a color combination I wasn't totally in too and I am very glad I waited for the right car for me. It's an emotional decision that is also very personal. If you love it, buy it.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:16 AM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
beautiful colour combo, by chance has anyone done the console armrest upgrage
from their 07 to the newer. is it a straight forward job ??? etc etc

Old 01-30-2017, 05:33 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Three years ago I got a 2009 for $58,000 that was a great deal - unusual for the time - but typical for today. When I traded it in on a new Vantage I got $50K on trade and they sold it for $56K. For $58K I'd hold off on a 2009 or newer and wait for the right colors, or negotiate the dealer down to something more reasonable.

Old 01-30-2017, 07:18 PM
I had a 2009 Vantage. I traded it in at Ferrari of Atlanta for a 2012 Renntech tuned e63 estate. I love the Mercedes, a great road trip car and crazy fast. I'm looking for a real nice V8V with a manual 6spd. Thanks for all the replies. I'm not in any big hurry but if the right car comes up I'm ready. I will have to sell one of my other cars to make room for the Aston. I'm thinking I may sell my 2003 C32AMG. It only has 20,000 miles on it and has always been stored in a climate controlled garage. I thought someone on here might have known this car. I do like the color and from the pictures it seems to be in nice shape with good options.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.