Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2016 Vantage GT update photos

Old 03-20-2017, 04:44 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
2016 Vantage GT update photos

Well I finally received my steering wheel from Stuart at Velocity. It was a long wait, no fault of Stuarts however. I think it was worth the wait.
Ron

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash_board.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	373.2 KB
ID:	472332   Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver_side_2.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	330.7 KB
ID:	472333   Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver_side_Dash.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	326.7 KB
ID:	472334   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stitching_2.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	248.1 KB
ID:	472335   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stitching_3.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	472336  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stitching.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	472337  

Last edited by Ron Avery; 03-21-2017 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:31 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Ron,

Love the style, its one of the best upgrades Speedracer800 did to my DB9. I really like it a lot. However, besides your interior being pretty great, I think a DBS shifter would really make yours finished off. Speedracer has a few to get rid of I think.

Thanks for posting the photos!!!

Old 03-20-2017, 05:36 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Ron,

Love the style, its one of the best upgrades Speedracer800 did to my DB9. I really like it a lot. However, besides your interior being pretty great, I think a DBS shifter would really make yours finished off. Speedracer has a few to get rid of I think.

Thanks for posting the photos!!!
Thanks for the nice comment, I think I am done for a while with updates.
Ron

Old 03-20-2017, 08:01 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Ron

Very nice. Looks really classy.
Is that steering wheel custom order with yellow stitching? Does it feel any thicker than stock wheel? I'm thinking about changing my steering wheel to alcantara, but want little thicker than stock leather one.

Avo

Old 03-20-2017, 08:24 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Lovely.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:32 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Ron...Very nice! Me? I would be scared to get the threads dirty...Lol now you need driving gloves...I like the wheel... Enjoy

Old 03-20-2017, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by 007JB
Ron

Very nice. Looks really classy.
Is that steering wheel custom order with yellow stitching? Does it feel any thicker than stock wheel? I'm thinking about changing my steering wheel to alcantara, but want little thicker than stock leather one.

Avo
I does feel thicker, not sure if it really is though. From what Stuart told me, Aston Martin told him at first it was not a Q order. So it was just a alcantara wheel order. Then about 3 months later they said it was a Q order because of the yellow stitching, and would be a lot more $. However since it was a big mix up, they honored the original price.
Ron

Old 03-21-2017, 08:11 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
That's absolutely beautiful.

You saved a TON of money on that mixup. I've looked into this before and the price difference just for a different colored thread is insane simply because it would be considered a Q order.
For anyone curious, if I had gotten silver stitching on my alcantara steering wheel, the price would have been over 5x as much.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:23 AM
You are correct about the price. It was about 5X more. If they did honor the original price quote, I would have canceled the order. Another interesting point I found out through Stewart was that the steering wheel seem to be made in Italy.
Ron

Old 03-21-2017, 08:51 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Yeah, the last one I ordered for a customer came in a box that said "Made in Italy" in huge red letters on it.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:55 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
That looks amazing, great find!

Old 03-21-2017, 09:15 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
That was how I sought to have steering wheel when I was customizing my build. Only, I asked to have the yellow stitching at the 12 O'clock position. After they told me the price, I told em to go to hell!

When the Alcantara wears out on my present steering wheel, I'll get the yellow stitching done.

Might I suggest you change the stitch on the Instrument Cluster Cover to yellow also. That seems to be the only place where the stitching is black.

Otherwise, the interior looks nicely coordinated.

Last edited by terminal_ac; 03-21-2017 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by terminal_ac
That was how I sought to have steering wheel when I was customizing my build. Only, I asked to have the yellow stitching at the 12 O'clock position. After they told me the price, I told em to go to hell!

When the Alcantara wears out on my present steering wheel, I'll get the yellow stitching done.

Might I suggest you change the stitch on the Instrument Cluster Cover to yellow also. That seems to be the only place where the stitching is black.

Otherwise, the interior looks nicely coordinated.
I thought about changing it to yellow, and still may do it in the future.
Thanks,
Ron

Old 03-21-2017, 10:51 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
That's a really nice interior. Everything works together and nothing is overdone. Way to go. It should make getting in the car feel even more special!

Old 03-21-2017, 04:06 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Redpants
That's absolutely beautiful.

You saved a TON of money on that mixup. I've looked into this before and the price difference just for a different colored thread is insane simply because it would be considered a Q order.
For anyone curious, if I had gotten silver stitching on my alcantara steering wheel, the price would have been over 5x as much.
I really isn't very difficult to swap the stitching to a different color. If you're not up to the task, I'm sure a qualified automotive upholstery shop could do it for you. You don't have to remove the alcantara from the wheel in order to re-stitch it and I'm sure that it would cost way less than 5x.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.