Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Same thickness wheel spacer for front & Back

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 08:08 AM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Same thickness wheel spacer for front & Back

Hello Gents.

I'm thinking to install wheel spacer on 2013 Vantage, sports pack & VAP springs. Like to push the wheels out little bit. I read lot of guys doing 15 & 23MM, which requires replacing wheel studs for fronts. I don't want to go that extreme & want simple solution that can be easily reversed. Also I don't want to push the rear wheels out that much.
I'm thinking to install H&R trak 11MM spacer part #2265681SW on both front & rear that will push out wheels same amount & more importantly I don't have to change the studs. Have anyone done this setup?? Is there anything that i need to consider before purchasing the spacers.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:03 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 007JB
Hello Gents.

I'm thinking to install wheel spacer on 2013 Vantage, sports pack & VAP springs. Like to push the wheels out little bit. I read lot of guys doing 15 & 23MM, which requires replacing wheel studs for fronts. I don't want to go that extreme & want simple solution that can be easily reversed. Also I don't want to push the rear wheels out that much.
I'm thinking to install H&R trak 11MM spacer part #2265681SW on both front & rear that will push out wheels same amount & more importantly I don't have to change the studs. Have anyone done this setup?? Is there anything that i need to consider before purchasing the spacers.
I know for a fact you will need new LUGS that start to bite immediately. With a 10mm spacer and factory lugs you will only get 3-4 turns. You need minimally 10 or so turns.

There are spacers ???? that bolt onto your existing hub, and then have their own studs on the spacers. Not sure how that works though.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:13 AM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
I know for a fact you will need new LUGS that start to bite immediately. With a 10mm spacer and factory lugs you will only get 3-4 turns. You need minimally 10 or so turns.

There are spacers ???? that bolt onto your existing hub, and then have their own studs on the spacers. Not sure how that works though.
H&R spacer that i listed they come with special lug nuts.

Old 04-28-2017, 04:02 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
How does that work?

They have to go through the wheels and surely the wheels fit snugly over the studs so how can a 'special' nut work?

Graze

Old 04-28-2017, 05:08 PM
Here is the photo of spacer & special lug nuts

Old 04-28-2017, 05:15 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
They also make a set of 23 mm spacers that don't need new studs

Old 04-28-2017, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Gene G
They also make a set of 23 mm spacers that don't need new studs
I know, i don't want to go that wide out. Also, on those you have to cut the original studs if your wheel don't have the pockets.

Old 04-29-2017, 06:12 AM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
007JB

I like your idea and like it so much I ordered this configuration for use with my stock wheels in early January 2017. After A lack of delivery and response from the vendor I cancelled my order in late March. Let me know if you are successful in obtaining these, who you sourced them from and how they work for you.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Montana107
007JB

I like your idea and like it so much I ordered this configuration for use with my stock wheels in early January 2017. After A lack of delivery and response from the vendor I cancelled my order in late March. Let me know if you are successful in obtaining these, who you sourced them from and how they work for you.
Definitely, i'll post some photos & info.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:30 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
I have the 11mm on my front axle and 23mm in the rear.

no stud replacement required for this setup.
Like 007JB mentioned, the 11mm do come with special nuts what have a longer shaft and no bearing in the nut.

However 11mm in the rear is not enough. 23 mm look flush.

Picture from Saturday as reference of 11 / 23mm setup:

Last edited by Zettinger; 05-01-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Mansfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Zettinger
I have the 11mm on my front axle and 23mm in the rear.

no stud replacement required for this setup.
Like 007JB mentioned, the 11mm do come with special nuts what have a longer shaft and no bearing in the nut.

However 11mm in the rear is not enough. 23 mm look flush.
You have the Sports Pack wheels though Zettinger (look fantastic by the way), these have deeper pockets on the inside allowing the nuts to sit inside on the rear.
On the standard wheels this is not the case and they wont fit.

Old 05-05-2017, 09:54 PM
OK. got the spacers. sourced them from ECStunning.com

Here is the link.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-h-and-r-.../2265681sw~hr/

Delivered in 3 days. You have option either chrome or black lug nuts. I got the black lug nuts, matches my wheels perfectly. Installation is very simple. Remove the wheels, clean the hub, clean the wheels, install the spacers & install the wheels with supplied lug nuts, torque to specs & you're done.

Bottom line is front & rear pushed out same 11MM, which is what exactly what I was going for. Very happy with the results.

May have to removed them & get them anodized in black to match the rotor hub.

Old 05-06-2017, 02:42 PM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
Perfect!

Old 05-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Looking good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.