Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

07 DB9 Linn 950

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 07:55 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
07 DB9 Linn 950

My sub sounds like a very loud bowl of rice krispies, so I have a few issues.

1) Where is the stupid sub?
2) Replaced the door speakers w/Focal's and they do not sound good, should I have hooked up the tweeter wires also?
3) Are there any subs that will fit in the stock enclosure or is it junk and I should ditch it and get something else?
4) When in Dolby mode, the system sounds like crap, but when I switch it off the system sounds pretty good, except for the the sub and door speakers. Anyone have this issue?

Old 05-09-2017, 09:00 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by randyb
My sub sounds like a very loud bowl of rice krispies, so I have a few issues.

1) Where is the stupid sub?
2) Replaced the door speakers w/Focal's and they do not sound good, should I have hooked up the tweeter wires also?
3) Are there any subs that will fit in the stock enclosure or is it junk and I should ditch it and get something else?
4) When in Dolby mode, the system sounds like crap, but when I switch it off the system sounds pretty good, except for the the sub and door speakers. Anyone have this issue?
1. SUB is between the back seats on the center panel at the very top portion. I think you need to remove the section behind the center console, then you can remove the grate on top of the sub. 8" sub I think. Likely anything that fits should be fine, but not sure. There are a few Youtube videos showing installs so you can look at that.

2. Yes you should have hooked up the tweeters. Without you have no Highs and only the mid level tones and sub tones. Likely crap sounding.

I think what I posted should take care of what you want. Not changing anything in mine, except Denison

Old 05-09-2017, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
1. SUB is between the back seats on the center panel at the very top portion. I think you need to remove the section behind the center console, then you can remove the grate on top of the sub. 8" sub I think. Likely anything that fits should be fine, but not sure. There are a few Youtube videos showing installs so you can look at that.

2. Yes you should have hooked up the tweeters. Without you have no Highs and only the mid level tones and sub tones. Likely crap sounding.

I think what I posted should take care of what you want. Not changing anything in mine, except Denison
Oops, I was thinking that and of course changed my mind and thanks for the help!!

Old 05-09-2017, 10:48 AM
What is the stock sub size?

Old 05-09-2017, 01:23 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
950 watt Linn is a 10" really nice build aluminum cone. Base is 8" paper cone. I doubt anything is wrong with the driver.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:37 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by J doubleU
950 watt Linn is a 10" really nice build aluminum cone. Base is 8" paper cone. I doubt anything is wrong with the driver.
OK, I learned something, thought they were all 8"s. I guess just like in life, some have larger ones than others

Old 05-12-2017, 02:25 PM
You would be correct, turned off the sub and heard the crackling coming out of both my rear speakers, so I am ordering another pair of Focal's for my rears.

Weird thing is the rears did not do that before I turned the sub on.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:26 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
What model of Focal's are you using to replace the OEM speakers with?

Old 05-18-2017, 11:27 AM
What model of Focal's are you using to replace the OEM speakers with?
Forgot to answer this -

Focal Access 100CA1 SG 2-way 4"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.