Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Hello All and Do You Know This Car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 05:24 PM
Xler8nAMV is just really niceXler8nAMV is just really niceXler8nAMV is just really niceXler8nAMV is just really nice
Hello All and Do You Know This Car?

Hello all,

New to 6spd (well had an old account from years ago but decided to start anew) but not new to car forums. I hear you guys are a great community of Aston Martin folks and thought I would introduce myself. I hate to open with an ask but I was wondering if any of you knew this car or any info on the dealer? I put an offer in on the car which was accepted and wanted to do my due diligence?

Here is the link: http://www.chicagomotorcars.com/vehicle-details/2007-aston-martin-vantage-coupe-west-chicago-il-id-18630393

Any info is greatly appreciated and looking forward to getting to know you all. Thanks for your help!

~ Matt

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 07-24-2017 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:41 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Not seen this car on this forum, from all the pics I have seen.

1. Great ONYX color. My absolute favorite on AMs. Unfortunately I got Jet Black, but I grabbed a rare car from a forum member who reluctantly let it go last year. When Paint Corrected correctly that color pops like no other. Highly recommended

2. LOSE the wheels. Not my taste by far, maybe yours. Looks like white walls running on a AM IMHO. You can pick up a set of BC Forged from REDPANTS for a really really go price and they are one of the best. The car is already running the correct tires so it would be the difference for you to sell those, and get the other. HIGHLY recommended to do so. I am rather picky with wheels myself, prefer standard or dark clear wheels. But, like on REDPANTS grey car the black do look good, just not with the bling.

3. I would also highly suggest you have on hand when you get the car Leatherique leather rejuvenator and conditioner and get to work on those seats. Especially the drivers seat side bolster. They can be greatly improved and with that particular color, dirt shows bad, and that interior needs to be spotless to look the best.

4. Looks like its optioned out just fine, didnt look to see what radio version it has. If the higher wattage one (premium) then you are doing well for that part.

5. All dealers will say their cars are well maintained and came from good homes, when a lot of dealers buy wholesale cars and have no clue. Suggest a PPI from an independent PPI person. I am sure Chicago cars at this dealer are ok, but knowing and thinking are two different things. $500-600 is not much to spend to know what your up against. I would definitely see if the timing chain cover has ever been replaced, and if so how long ago. I think a 3-4k repair at the AM dealer. This timing chain cover WILL ABSOLUTELY leak for sure and usually between 14k and 20k miles is when it shows up. Slow drip drip then worsens. People have driven for years with it seeping though and typically go trade them in when its time to repair. Best to check that major issue. If it is leaking, then work that into the deal to have repaired. No reason to not buy because of it, just make sure financially your prepared or work it into the deal or discount.

REDPANTs.lol is the place to get your parts if needed. He can order anything.

Sorry to bang on those wheels, just ruins the look of the car. If they have a diff Vantage make them swap them out. Or buy new wheels and use the good tires you have. Perfect sizing IMHO and the speedo will be off a tad with those sizes. 245/40/19 and 275/35/19 are the factory sizes for that car.

Hope this helps, and welcome back sir!!!!

Last edited by SheriffDep; 07-24-2017 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:57 PM
Xler8nAMV is just really niceXler8nAMV is just really niceXler8nAMV is just really niceXler8nAMV is just really nice
Thanks for the the prompt reply! I have a PPI scheduled at AM Chicago this week. I'll def tell them to look out for the chain. Wheels aren't my favorite but aren't killing me either. Looking forward to learn more from all of you!

Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Not seen this car on this forum, from all the pics I have seen.

1. Great ONYX color. My absolute favorite on AMs. Unfortunately I got Jet Black, but I grabbed a rare car from a forum member who reluctantly let it go last year. When Paint Corrected correctly that color pops like no other. Highly recommended

2. LOSE the wheels. Not my taste by far, maybe yours. Looks like white walls running on a AM IMHO. You can pick up a set of BC Forged from REDPANTS for a really really go price and they are one of the best. The car is already running the correct tires so it would be the difference for you to sell those, and get the other. HIGHLY recommended to do so. I am rather picky with wheels myself, prefer standard or dark clear wheels. But, like on REDPANTS grey car the black do look good, just not with the bling.

3. I would also highly suggest you have on hand when you get the car Leatherique leather rejuvenator and conditioner and get to work on those seats. Especially the drivers seat side bolster. They can be greatly improved and with that particular color, dirt shows bad, and that interior needs to be spotless to look the best.

4. Looks like its optioned out just fine, didnt look to see what radio version it has. If the higher wattage one (premium) then you are doing well for that part.

5. All dealers will say their cars are well maintained and came from good homes, when a lot of dealers buy wholesale cars and have no clue. Suggest a PPI from an independent PPI person. I am sure Chicago cars at this dealer are ok, but knowing and thinking are two different things. $500-600 is not much to spend to know what your up against. I would definitely see if the timing chain cover has ever been replaced, and if so how long ago. I think a 3-4k repair at the AM dealer. This timing chain cover WILL ABSOLUTELY leak for sure and usually between 14k and 20k miles is when it shows up. Slow drip drip then worsens. People have driven for years with it seeping though and typically go trade them in when its time to repair. Best to check that major issue. If it is leaking, then work that into the deal to have repaired. No reason to not buy because of it, just make sure financially your prepared or work it into the deal or discount.

REDPANTs.lol is the place to get your parts if needed. He can order anything.

Sorry to bang on those wheels, just ruins the look of the car. If they have a diff Vantage make them swap them out. Or buy new wheels and use the good tires you have. Perfect sizing IMHO and the speedo will be off a tad with those sizes. 245/40/19 and 275/35/19 are the factory sizes for that car.

Hope this helps, and welcome back sir!!!!

Old 07-24-2017, 06:19 PM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Xler8nAMV
Hello all,

New to 6spd ...

~ Matt
Welcome to the forum Matt. I can't offer anything on that car other than my well wishes that it all works out for you.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:30 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Great color combo, the description said it has ht premium stereo. So that is a good thing. I had a 2007 Vantage with the same options, it was a very good car.
It has most desirable trans, especially for an early car. Has the other have said a PPI at a Aston Martin dealer is a must. The door hood and rear hatch struts are most likely ready for replacement. If the car sat a lot, the shocks may be bad as well. Also the front engine cover, as already noted above. These are very strong well made cars. The only other unknown would be the clutch. Good luck.
Ron

Old 07-27-2017, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. The car is at Aston Chicago for a PPI. Fingered crossed it's the gem I'm looking for. Did learn it had a new clutch 2k miles ago so good news there. I'll know tomorrow around noon the verdict.

Can you offer input input on if the oil catch I'm seeing is a must for this car? Looking forward to contributing with you all.

~ M

Old 07-27-2017, 08:01 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
i would get a catch can yes, easy install as well and worth the piece of mind.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:34 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome Matt. I don't know this car but it looks nice. Having the ppi done is a good move. See if the dealer has service records for the car. I was lucky enough to get all the records on the last Vantage I bought plus the original owners contact information. This is a great forum where you will find help and inspiration. Lots of good diy info.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:09 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. The car is at Aston Chicago for a PPI. Fingered crossed it's the gem I'm looking for. Did learn it had a new clutch 2k miles ago so good news there. I'll know tomorrow around noon the verdict.

Can you offer input input on if the oil catch I'm seeing is a must for this car? Looking forward to contributing with you all.

~ M
There is no Aston dealer in Chicago, there is Napelton in Downers Grove and also a dealer in Lake Forest

Just wanted to give you a heads up, in case they are lying to you

Also West Chicago is about 40 miles west of actual Chicago, its far, and is a totally ****ty suburb, frankly I'm shocked there is a luxury dealer there

Old 07-28-2017, 10:06 AM
svre46 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by sonies
There is no Aston dealer in Chicago, there is Napelton in Downers Grove and also a dealer in Lake Forest

Also West Chicago is about 40 miles west of actual Chicago, its far, and is a totally ****ty suburb, frankly I'm shocked there is a luxury dealer there
There is a Napleton Aston Marin off Clark St. I am not sure if this is just a showroom or Showroom/Service. I have seen it in person.

-Steve

Old 07-28-2017, 10:08 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sonies

Napleton has an Aston Martin dealership in Chicago.
Aston Martin Chicago
1038 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60610
http://www.napletonsastonmartinofchicago.com/

With that said, the Downers Grove location is bigger and I don't know if the Chicago dealership has a service department (it may just be a showroom). Given proximity to West Chicago, I'd bet the car is at the Downers Grove location.

Last edited by Mathman85; 07-28-2017 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:10 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Just bought my V12S from Napleton - Norberts is quite the Aston expert - fantastic people to work with,

Old 07-28-2017, 10:28 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Mathman85
Napleton has an Aston Martin dealership in Chicago.
Aston Martin Chicago
1038 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60610
http://www.napletonsastonmartinofchicago.com/

With that said, the Downers Grove location is bigger and I don't know if the Chicago dealership has a service department (it may just be a showroom). Given proximity to West Chicago, I'd bet the car is at the Downers Grove location.
Yeah I should have specified that they dont have a service department... trust me I live about 4 blocks from that location... I WISH THEY DID!!!!!

Old 07-29-2017, 06:23 PM
It went to Naplelton and does have some issues one being the chain cover. I'll find out Monday. How much they will work with me on the issues.

Old 07-31-2017, 12:29 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
It went to Naplelton and does have some issues one being the chain cover. I'll find out Monday. How much they will work with me on the issues.
sounds like chain cover leak, pretty standard on these cars unfortunately and even if fixed, will likely leak again at some point down the road (ask me or telum01 how we know).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.