Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 02:52 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
DB9 issues

2015 DB9 ... drove it for some time and parked in driveway. Alarm system (standard) goes off every 5-10 minutes. All of a sudden several messages came up. Key is not inserted, but the system thinks it is inserted. Electric system doesn't turn off even after start/stopping the car. Any thoughts ?

Attached Images       
Old 08-12-2017, 07:12 PM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
I'd guess a bad battery. If it's anything like a BMW, all kinds of odd things go on when the voltage drops.
Matt

Old 08-12-2017, 07:59 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
I called Aston Martin Roadside Assistance. They got it towed to dealership. Car starts/stops/runs fine. After stopping and taking out the key, electrical system won't shut down and doors can't be locked. If it turns out to be battery (2.5 years old with 26K miles), should I go for their battery or pick up the car and replace the battery myself ? Car starts/stops/runs fine. After stopping and taking out the key, electrical system won't shut down and doors can't be locked.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:07 PM
NoRush is an unknown quantity at this point
Stock is a Varta battery. Not as readily available in the states. Dealers tend to stock one. At least mine does. An Interstate battery was the lower cost option. I bought the Varta battery from the parts department and changed it myself so I knew what was involved.
I see you're if Florida. You'll be sweating good changing it in the heat down there. The Varta battery was around $300 or so. If the car is at the dealer, just have them do it. About an hour labor charge.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:55 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by NoRush
Stock is a Varta battery. Not as readily available in the states. Dealers tend to stock one. At least mine does. An Interstate battery was the lower cost option. I bought the Varta battery from the parts department and changed it myself so I knew what was involved.
I see you're if Florida. You'll be sweating good changing it in the heat down there. The Varta battery was around $300 or so. If the car is at the dealer, just have them do it. About an hour labor charge.
Sorry i didnt respond yesterday. If venturing a guess, it is definitely the battery. While it may have enough to start, or run any and all kinds of electrical gremlins pop up with batteries being low.

Might not be much more expensive to have them install the new battery but I would ask. I think the install process if done DIY takes a hour or so, and its a pain. REDPANTS has a video of it I think, or its the Vantage video, but I think ours are fairly close enough for the process.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I had a new Ford Focus when they first came out with the new style (the first shipment). After a few months, the car acted possessed. First it was the engine acting up, then the tranny, then the instruments - barely made it to the Ford dealer. It was a defective battery allowing the wrong voltage in the system. They said everything's controlled by the computer and when the battery is defective it will randomly fail all systems.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:28 PM
Thanks you all for your input. DB9 is at the dealer now. Hope to hear back tomorrow morning. I had bad experience on how they serviced my DB9. Recently I noticed a wrench in the hood. It was still sitting on a bolt. I also found some screws in the parcel area. The tech didn't have time put them back from where he took them out. I have to find another AM service center who can do things right.

Attached Images    
Old 08-13-2017, 04:51 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Cool

Weak or "old batteries" always cause crazy gremlin to show up in Astons. Hopefully the dealer you chose will install the fresh new battery and clear out all the bad codes. I'm in Florida and change my battery every other summer as a form of PM. Summer heat just kills batteries. Last time my battery did not check out a solid GOOD. Got the replacement free exchange. Of course my labor also free!
Sorry about your gremlins, hope all turns out well!

Old 08-13-2017, 05:28 PM
Thanks ! Sent you a PM. If it is just battery, I will do it myself.
How did you check out your battery is not a solid good ?

Originally Posted by 07sportspack
Weak or "old batteries" always cause crazy gremlin to show up in Astons. Hopefully the dealer you chose will install the fresh new battery and clear out all the bad codes. I'm in Florida and change my battery every other summer as a form of PM. Summer heat just kills batteries. Last time my battery did not check out a solid GOOD. Got the replacement free exchange. Of course my labor also free!
Sorry about your gremlins, hope all turns out well!

Old 08-13-2017, 06:22 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
I took it to the place I purchased it. They did the testing. Based on their test the guy said the battery wasn't what it should be and exchanged it for a new one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.