Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Exhaust cutouts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 09:57 AM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Exhaust cutouts

Just wondering if anyone has done something similar on their AM? Majority of the time I love the quietness of the V8V but at some points, when I'd like to open the car up on an onramp per say, would like a moment of bliss

Has anyone installed something like an electric cutout on their AM? If so, where was the placement?

Old 10-24-2017, 11:12 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
You know you can pull the fuse that controls the exhaust valves so they're always open? Fuse 22 in the box on the passenger side of the trunk.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:30 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
You know you can pull the fuse that controls the exhaust valves so they're always open? Fuse 22 in the box on the passenger side of the trunk.
He is talking about cutouts just past the first set of cats and most cutouts are made universally, so as long as you got the correct size for your exhaust pipe diameter you should be good to go.

Habitual is talking about the valve on the muffler which is a whole different matter.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:55 AM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by randyb
He is talking about cutouts just past the first set of cats and most cutouts are made universally, so as long as you got the correct size for your exhaust pipe diameter you should be good to go.

Habitual is talking about the valve on the muffler which is a whole different matter.
Yep, I've already got fuse 22 pulled

Do we know the oem pipe diameter after the first set of cats? Thanks randyb!

Old 10-24-2017, 12:02 PM
Go to AP Velocity website and see what the pipe size is on their cat delete pipes. That will tell you the size you need.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:04 PM
Before ordering, I would take a look and see if you have room for cutouts. I know on my DB9 they would be a very tight fit.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:19 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
I actually looked into this and figured out a way to use a vacuum controlled valve instead of electric then hooked it up through the factory hardware to provide the vacuum source. A relay and remote.. You're in business. I've got a few of the valves around as well if you're interested. I was able to modify the vacuum pump on my car to function via a remote control and basically bypass the ecu control completely. If you decide to move forward.. I can help you with this if you're interested.

The vacuum controlled valves are much smaller and easier to package under the car.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:44 AM
Does the pump maintain the same pressure no matter the throttle position?

Old 10-25-2017, 09:49 AM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Yes.. The pump is just like a little electric powered air compressor. It'll run and build/maintain pressure without the car running even.. You just need the ignition powered up. There's just a small modification within the wiring needed and then you can make it function completely manually via a remote control. There's a gentleman who sells a kit that plugs directly into the fuse 22 input within the fuse box and his kit also includes the remote and relay to operate the pump. You just need to make this change within the wiring to bypass the ecu operation of the pump which is what makes the valves open at certain RPM etc.. You need to bypass the ecu so you can operate the valves completely manually.

I'll dig up the info on this kit and post it back here.

Last edited by speedracer800; 10-25-2017 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:08 AM
Here's the gentlemans website whom I purchased the kit from. These are vehicle specific and come complete with everything needed.. It's a really nicely done piece and Clive is a great guy.

http://www.cccharger.co.uk

I'll post the instructions for the wiring modification I performed to make the original vacuum pump run manually via this kit with remote control. I have not completed my cutouts yet but I do have this portion of the process all figured out. I definitely wanted to use the oem vacuum pump and stay away from the aftermarket electronic cutout valves.. Primarily for packaging reasons. It's very tight under there and the vacuum style valves are much smaller than these electric valves.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:35 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
I like the idea. let us know how it turns out. I have 2013 v8, took out my secondary cats & using quicksilver straight pipes & QS super sport muffler. Still at times i think I want to be loud. So this could be good option.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:48 PM
Exhaust cutouts are typically used to exit the exhaust under the car at some point before the mufflers. My idea is to to use the valves inline and then create some bypass pipes to circumvent the silencer totally but still have the exhaust exit out of the original tips. I hate the idea of just dumping the exhaust under the car somewhere.. No way.

My Ferrari has a set up like this as original equipment. The vacuum controlled valves control the flow of the exhaust completely around the silencer.. It sounds fantastic when those valves open up.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:30 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Ok, I see what are you trying to do. But that will require fabrication to original muffler. I still have my oem muffler. So, that would work to.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:46 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
I have remote control kits in stock. Key fob operated. The factory exhaust is 2.5" after the cats (63mm).

If you want a valved exhaust setup that is a muffler bypass when open, we can make one no problem.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 10-26-2017, 08:21 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I had these on my 65 GTO, they were ****ing awesome, you would open them up and it you could feel the sound pressure in your ears at idle!

we had it hard wired with a toggle switch just under the dash

(not me in the car, thats my mechanic)

Last edited by sonies; 10-26-2017 at 08:24 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.