Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8Vantage Workshop Manual

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 04:11 PM
larryg is on a distinguished road
V8Vantage Workshop Manual

Has anyone purchased a printed (hard copy) of the AM Vantage workshop manual?
A number of them can be found on ebay.
Thanks

Old 11-03-2017, 10:59 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
There is thread on here that showed the manual and could down load. Run a search...good luck

Old 11-04-2017, 01:42 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
These appear to just be the online manual printed out and bound. For 791 pages that's a bunch of paper and printer ink, but they're not real factory manuals. There's a copyright issue there if AM feels like killing the auctions.

"REPRINTED ON TO 100 GSM A4 PAPER
WITH 210 GSM FRONT AND BACK COVER PLUS PLASTIC FRONT COVER

COMB BOUND INTO 3 VOLUMES
TOTAL 791 PAGES

IF YOU REQUIRE THIS TO BE PRINTED ONTO A DIFFERENT GRADE OF PAPER PLEASE MESSAGE ME WITH YOUR REQUEST SO I CAN ADVISE OF PRICE.
ALSO I CAN LEAVE AS LOOSE PAPER (IE NOT COMB BOUND) IF YOU WISH TO HOLE PUNCH AND PLACE IN A FOLDER OF YOUR OWN."

Old 11-04-2017, 05:12 AM
Thanks,
I will take a chance and report back to this forum

Old 11-05-2017, 12:04 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
I logged into AM site paid the blood money to gain a 24 hour access
I retrieved the workshop manual as wll as the squeaks and rattle manual. I also downloaded about 100 other things like recalls and vehicle specific stuff it used my vin number to give me all the dope I needed.
I have it on cd on the pic drive and printed a hard copy that I have in 4 books for use in the workshop

It was money well spent, but yes there is a but!
The manual is obviously written with the mindset you have done the course on the car at the factory and it's not as informative as say a heyns manual.

It lists approx billing hours per job and other useless too us stuff, and on every page it warns you of stupid f$&&&$king things like wear gloves, be carful part could have oil on it and yiu must protect your skin and other crap that we don't need as adults

Old 11-05-2017, 12:13 PM
Thanks to all

Old 11-05-2017, 02:46 PM
porkchopious is on a distinguished road
"and on every page it warns you of stupid f$&&&$king things like wear gloves, be carful part could have oil on it and yiu must protect your skin and other crap that we don't need as adults"...

At the bottom of all this bull**** nowadays is some little sharp-toothed lawyer...

Old 11-06-2017, 11:29 AM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
I purchased the manuals off Ebay. Yes, they are just the PDFs printed out and bound, but I like having a printed version to look at when working on a car. They are printed in color and the quality is decent.

As others said, the manuals leaving something to be desired. Sections missing in some cases and vague explanations, but it's a lot better than having nothing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.