Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vanquish S vs. the others

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 04:51 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
The Vanquish depreciates really bad....If you want one, I'd go used or you're going to lose a "boatload" of money

Lou

Old 08-07-2006, 11:18 PM
motorsportnick is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LSM
The Vanquish depreciates really bad....If you want one, I'd go used or you're going to lose a "boatload" of money

Lou
Yeah no kidding, I just did a quick search on autotrader and there is a Vanquish selling for $139k, its not the S, but still. I love the vanquish though, my friend Rudy has one. The car is by far the greatest looking GT imo, but the depreciation is scary. If you have alot of extra money and dont mind keeping the car forever, go ahead and buy new. But I agree with LSM on going used, you can find a good used one for at least $50k less if not more.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:32 PM
motorsportnick is on a distinguished road
This thread was lacking in pictures so here are a few that caught my eye.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:35 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Id wait for the 599 GTB or the Murcielago LP640

Old 08-08-2006, 10:22 PM
azpinator is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
Vanquish S is the nicest car with the V12 in front, hands down.
yeah!!!

that's it! I would take a Grey/red combo... looks just SWEEET...

Old 08-21-2006, 08:54 PM
Dabum is an unknown quantity at this point
I've heard nothing but bad things about the gearbox in the Vanquish..

I'd go with a DB9 because they fixed all the gearbox issues.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:59 PM
drunkenoldman is on a distinguished road
ugh so sexy pics! The noise of the non S is still awesome.

Old 08-23-2006, 05:45 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by aquapuss
Hello!

I need opinions from those who have experience with some cars I'm thinking of buying.

Drove SL55, CL65 and Bentley GT. All were fine cars, fast, luxurious but they just didn't make me want to part with my money. Went to Ferrari dealer who predictably was filled with *******s. After I showed my Black Amex to the manager I got some attention. I liked the 575 but it is being replaced. The 612 is butt-ugly IMO.

Then I saw an Aston Martin Vanquish S. And I want it. Black or grey. An owner told me that he has had three Ferraris and unlike them one can drive the Aston everyday, everywhere, no worries just like Mercedes, only in style. The sound alone is worth $10K.

$250K is boat money so any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Not such a big fan of the vanquish. Have you tried looking at a 997TT? Thats a DD. What about a gallardo? DD as well. Those would be my top picks. Good luck with your purchase.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:26 AM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
Not such a big fan of the vanquish. Have you tried looking at a 997TT? Thats a DD. What about a gallardo? DD as well. Those would be my top picks. Good luck with your purchase.
i was about to purchase a 997TT but then i drove it. lame. the car is sooo weak.. yeah it's obviously a very fast car but it was so lackluster, emotionally, it is so quiet, it isn't confidence inspiring, and it just isn't as dynamic as the 996TT. i am getting a DB9 this week instead... the 997TT is too much of a GT, as is the Aston Martin... but at least the AM is focused. if i am going to end up with a GT one way or another it may as well be the finest GT on the planet, an AM.

Old 08-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Banned
786 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by Mowateriology
EVERYTHING is a daily driver when compared to a Ferrari
well said

Old 08-31-2006, 03:17 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I reccomend the Vanquish S been inside of it for a couple of times, I love the sound of the exhaust and the performance is good for a large car

Old 09-04-2006, 10:03 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
I havent driven the Vanquish but I did get to drive a new DB9 and thought it was pretty smooth in comparison to SMG from BMW, DSG from Audi and smoother then the Quattroportes F1...so if that is the same transmission and the Vanquish sounds the same or better...I would absolutely go with the AM.

Would you ever think about getting a new DB9 and optioning it out?