Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New V8 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 12:42 AM
jewoppie is on a distinguished road
New V8 Vantage

Any thoughts or opinions out there on the new "baby" V8 Vantage? I test drove one last week, it is pretty sweet in my opinion. But its a real sports car, don't know if its for everyday, and I hate that it doesn't have a sunroof.

Share opinions...

Old 09-01-2006, 01:18 PM
cnc
Awaiting Email Confirmation
cnc is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess Ford even recognizes that it is no competition for Porsche, AM failed to meet it's expectations, the beauty is only skin deep, and now the Company is up for sale!. Put some lipstick on that "pig" and get rid of it!

Old 09-01-2006, 04:38 PM
CJA
CJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the rough
Take it for what it is, not what it was supposed to be. I would compare it to a Mercedes SL rather than a Porsche. Looks wise, it is stunning. The one I drove had 20 inch rims on it. I've seen photos with 21's and they look too big, but the 20's looked great.

The exhaust sound is outstanding. It has just enough grumble to it without being obnoxious. It's quick, but not "wow" quick. I only got to drive it around the city, and didn't even get out of 2nd gear, but it was fun.

Like everyone else has mentioned, I found the gearbox to be a bit heavy, but nothing major.

Overall the car drove well. I would consider it to be more of a GT car, rather than a sports car, because it feels a bit heavy. Used as a GT, it is a winner. As a track car or canyon carver, it falls a bit short. I could and would use it as a daily driver with no questions or concerns.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-03-2006, 09:41 AM
cnc
Awaiting Email Confirmation
cnc is an unknown quantity at this point
How can you compare a coupe to a convertible, not very well I think! After the visual effect (stunning), the car disappoints.

If I were to have this car as a daily driver everytime I would get into I would slap myself on the forehead and say "I coulda hada Porsche" .

Old 09-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
After watching that Top Gear test of the M6 vs. Vantage vs. 997 S, I am really glad I got the Porsche. The Vantage was the only other car I considered. It looks incredible, but I wouldn't stay in love with it for just that...

Old 09-03-2006, 05:21 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
yah, vantage has way more wow in the looks department than the 997 or the m6, but for 120k it definitely lacks the punch. When they originally said it would be around 95-100k it was much more attractive.

Old 09-04-2006, 09:51 PM
DropGems is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by maxwell
yah, vantage has way more wow in the looks department than the 997 or the m6, but for 120k it definitely lacks the punch. When they originally said it would be around 95-100k it was much more attractive.

Whatever, they'll probably have an aftermarket supercharger out for it pretty soon and then it'll be perfect.

Old 09-05-2006, 02:21 AM
Banned
786 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
It looks incredible, but I wouldn't stay in love with it for just that...
well said...it is not a complete enough car to consider in my opinion and i think it has priced itself a bit out of the market...but some tuning could be the solution for buyers