Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2019 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 07:33 PM
farrbar is on a distinguished road
2019 Vantage

2019 next to my 2008.
Had a chance to drive the 2019 Vantage for an hour today. There was too much traffic to truly enjoy, but power seemed plentiful and overall was nice.

Old 05-12-2018, 07:49 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Looks huge next to your 2008!

Old 05-13-2018, 10:08 AM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Need more in-depth review!

Still waiting for my dealer to set one up. I am wondering how this compares to the AMG GTR.

Old 05-13-2018, 02:13 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
It felt bigger when I was next to it last week, but didn't feel that much bigger.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:00 PM
UltraAston is on a distinguished road
farrbar - I was going to go to this, but couldn't make the times work. This was at Napleton Aston Martin?

Soooo...now that you have driven the New Vantage, all else being equal, which one would you prefer for your DD?

Old 05-13-2018, 05:25 PM
howzz1854 will become famous soon enough
was that a tungsten silver?

Last edited by howzz1854; 05-13-2018 at 05:47 PM.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:35 PM
Logannz is on a distinguished road
I've been promised a test drive in the first one here in a few weeks.. the thing is, I really want to like it.. I'm right in the target market (I think??) .. 40's, I can afford one, existing owner, love the brand etc.. but the pictures and video's just aren't selling it.. I sure it's better in real life.

Old 05-13-2018, 05:37 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Napleton (downtown) told me they won't have one to drive until August... althought that does look like the downers grove location,which used to be a Saab dealership where I bought my LR3 used

was it because I wasn't wearing my suit and tie to the dealership?

Old 05-13-2018, 07:04 PM
farrbar is on a distinguished road
This was at Aston Martin in Glenview (they bought the LFSC franchise). They are still wrapping up a few things on the building.

inside of car didn’t feel much larger. However, it felt like I was sitting higher up. Both the trans and suspension have several modes including “sport” and track”. I toggled back and forth on the trans setting - track mode held the gear a bit longer (higher revs)by Nader acceleration And seemed quicker to downshift.

Living in Chicagoland don’t think I would want as a DD, but I think the new one would make a much better DD than my 08. It was sorta like comparing a 991 to a 997.... didn’t feel as viceral

Old 05-14-2018, 07:12 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Drove the 2019 Vantage about 40 minutes last week. Compared to my 2015 V12S which you can get an almost no miles (under $5K miles) used with an extended warranty for $120K vs. $180K to 200K 2019 Vantage:

Start-up - where did the noise go?
Size - is 5" wider but while driving it seemed not too large - was OK.
Wheels - those 20" should have been the standard on the previous Vantages - fills the wheel wells better - but you can retrofit any previous Vantage.
Comfort - a little better than my V12S - could be a bit more comfortable in everyday driving.
Sound - If you like the sound of the New Vantage - an F-Type used can be had for 1/4th the price - very similar while in Sport+ and Track mode. Not as exotic as the 20007-2008 model year of the V12's. Was loud though - but reminded me more of F-Type.
Turbo lag - in sport (default mode) I felt it a bit but not in other modes.
Design- Sides and rear better than the older Vantages - but not that much better, but I'd have my customizing shop for another $10K or 'Q' come up with something different.
Interior - Nothing about the new interior I like better - zero - nada. The 'I-Pad screen, the totally confusing interface, the digital display, the mixed styles that do not come together, - I think as a designer myself, it's one of the most hideous interiors bar none. Not fond of the DB11 interior, but I'd rather look at the design of the Pontiac Aztec then look at that interior and tell myself I paid two hundred hard earned thousands of dollars for that? What was Aston martin thinking? All of the competitors have much better interiors, hate to say this, even the Corvette.
Bath Tub: That's the feel driving my son's Camaro, somewhat with my 2015 Mustang I eased, the F-Type, the feel of driving while sunk in a tub. You get that feel in the New vs. the old Vantage - not as bad as the above but it's there because of the higher line where the bottom of the window sits in relation to the driver - I raised my seat way up to make up for it.
Transmission- no soul, yes was fast in sport+ and track mode, but not as involving as a sportshift. That also would be a deal breaker foe me. I really love the sportshift, maybe not so much if I raced the car, but I don't. I drive semi-aggressive if the traffic allows within legal reasons, and the sportshift I think is ideal for involvement and enjoyment, I think perfect solution for an Aston. That automatic in the 2019 Vantage I did not like at all. In 'manual mode' with paddles is not something enjoyable to me. For that reason, I'd wait for the manual - and I'm not a manual guy, but IF the 2019 Vantage would be something I would consider it would need to be a manual.
Digital display - why in the world would Aston Martin not continue with the super cool analog and find some way to make it cooler or emulate digitally something special. I've seen much better displays on cars far cheaper - in fact the $35K Mercedes A will have the same way cool digital displays as their $200K new sedans which I thought blew away Astons solution, almost like Mercedes said - use our technology, but the 'old stuff'.
After driving the 2019 Vantage - I drove my V12S back to the office and thought how lucky I was to own such a car - it made me appreciate it more and really question the direction of Aston Martin corporate decisions.

Will the new Vantage sell? Yes, but not to the traditional Aston market, which I think will lean towards the DB11 or some future model.

For those that track their Vantages (V8's), some may like the new Vantage better (maybe), but are likely to wait for the manual I think.

Old 05-14-2018, 05:35 PM
Vantage007 is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope AM plans to release this in manual so sad to see so many sports car go auto so much these days.

Old 05-14-2018, 08:04 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Vantage007
I hope AM plans to release this in manual so sad to see so many sports car go auto so much these days.
A manual is coming about 6 months or so after the 2019 Vantage is released.
Ron

Old 05-15-2018, 06:27 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I hope the local AM dealer lets me test drive the new Vantage when they start getting them. I am more likely to buy a DB11 though.

Old 05-15-2018, 09:42 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
The new will be available to test drive soon in Tampa bay:

Sarasota Studio – June 5th 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Aston Martin Tampa Bay – June 6th 10:00 AM – 4:00PM

Old 05-16-2018, 10:07 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
I drove past AM Washington, DC on the way home and noticed a transport unloading a car and I instantly recognized the tail lights -- it was a New Vantage! I pulled in to the lot to check it out.

The start up noise was great especially reverberating from the enclosed trailer. And the front grille didn't look as bad on the black car than it did on the silver pre-production car they had in the showroom a couple of months ago (or maybe the front grille has grown on me.)

They weren't expecting the car until Friday so the sales staff were all surprised. They asked me if I wanted to be the first to test drive it tomorrow but I said I'll stick to my originally scheduled test drive this Saturday at 1:30 in the afternoon.

It was raining outside so I didn't take pictures but I'll be sure to take some this Saturday. We're expecting rain Saturday morning but I'm hoping it clears out by noon. The sales associate told me that they'll let me test drive even in the rain -- the car is only at the dealership until Sunday so they're doing test drives rain or shine. She also mentioned Aston Martin instructors will be accompanying me during the test drive so I guess that means an AM sales rep instead of the dealer's sales associate? Anyway, I'm looking forward to it!

Last edited by programmatore; 05-16-2018 at 10:09 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2019 Vantage