Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AM Bluetooth audio upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 02:25 PM
howzz1854 will become famous soon enough
AM Bluetooth audio upgrade

Has anyone had this upgrade done on their vehicle? Any thoughts?

If there is one thing I miss about my 2014 Mercedes is the Bluetooth audio. Right now I am plugging in through the Aux jack and it's just not ideal. And the radio reception already suck .

Just wondering if the AM one is worth it

Old 05-24-2018, 02:52 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I use my ipod connection with a Bovee 1000 BT gizmo. Other than nor being able to see song titles I the little radio screen, it works great...

i use Alexa gizmo for voice control of my phone, waze nav, streaming music etc as well as phone calls. . definitely worth it.

work this set up you may not need to get Bluetooth Just for phone

Old 05-25-2018, 07:44 AM
HenryM is on a distinguished road
I had the Bluetooth upgrade installed in my 2012 V12 Vantage last week. There’s two versions of the kit - for 2007 and earlier and for 2008+. The one for my car costs $549 + 3/4 hour install. The other one is much more expensive because the infotainment screen needs to be replaced.

It works great. Besides the Bluetooth audio it also improves the phone system. If you have music apps on your phone they will play through. I’ve tried using SirrusXM from my iPhone and it not only plays but I even get artist and track name information displayed. I still have an iPod connected and can switch to play it as well.

Henry

Old 05-25-2018, 08:35 AM
patrija is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Redpants
Are you looking to stick with the OEM solution, or are you open to aftermarket?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0pcRZrk6V8
I'd be interested in this --- pending price

Old 05-26-2018, 02:04 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HenryM
I had the Bluetooth upgrade installed in my 2012 V12 Vantage last week. There’s two versions of the kit - for 2007 and earlier and for 2008+. The one for my car costs $549 + 3/4 hour install. The other one is much more expensive because the infotainment screen needs to be replaced.

It works great. Besides the Bluetooth audio it also improves the phone system. If you have music apps on your phone they will play through. I’ve tried using SirrusXM from my iPhone and it not only plays but I even get artist and track name information displayed. I still have an iPod connected and can switch to play it as well.

Henry
My local dealer quoted my just under $950 installed on my '12 Rapide. Happen to have stopped in there yesterday. Several Vanquishes in the showroom.

Old 05-26-2018, 03:32 PM
howzz1854 will become famous soon enough
i'd be interested in the upgrade Rich mentioned if pricing is within reason. however, i really really just need and only care about just the Bluetooth audio/music integration. i just want to be able to play music through my phone like i used to be able to do in my 14 Mercedes. i could live with the crappy nav, since i use google maps on my phone anyway. and if blutooth audio is integrated, the audio for google maps goes through car speakers as well.

i've however heard all kinds of different price quotes for the OE blutooth upgrade. i've seen upgrades of $1500 and some say it's only $500. anyone recently done the Vantage blutooth upgrade? if it's $500, and i only just need the blutooth music integration, i think it's worth it. but if it's $1500, it's kind of ridiculous for just that feature.

Old 05-26-2018, 05:41 PM
horsepowerfarm is on a distinguished road
I have a 2007 V8V. Damn, the Dealer conversion was expensive. I must say it performs perfectly.