Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Dealer lesson learned

Old 07-19-2018, 08:51 PM
KiwiSG is on a distinguished road
A proper service would drain the sump and refill with the correct amount (and brand/type) of oil, still that is a debate all on it's own.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:43 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Dealers generally don't fill your car with oil from one quart oil containers.
The pump it in from large drums and determine the quantity via the nozzle measuring mechanism which tells them the quantity of the oil delivered.

All the more reason that the quantity should be verified via the dipstick. What happens if that nozzle measuring mechanism becomes inaccurate ?

Old 07-20-2018, 08:47 AM
TR-Spider is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Vantagelvr
FWIW ...her 2007 BMW Z4 doesnt have a dipstick . It has some electronic widget that checks the level .
Replacing the dipstick with a "electronic widget" is one of the big downfalls in automotive engineering.
What a bad decision...now the internet is full of "sensor missread - I overfilled my engine - help" storys.

well...getting old I suppose.

However, I always check the dipstick getting my cars back from oilchanges...

Old 09-14-2021, 01:47 PM
V12Stealth is an unknown quantity at this point
The oil service interval on these cars is 10,000 miles or 1 year if I recall correctly. If you fill the oil to the "correct" level and do 10k miles, you will be in rod knock territory at the end of it. These cars drink oil. Especially so if your PCV valves are not functioning well. Either you need to keep an eye on the oil level, or they build in some buffer at the dealership. And on top of that there was a dip stick recall that made things even more confusing.

Old 09-14-2021, 03:15 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Morries AM is now under a new ownership - when they sold my 2017 V12S, they told the new buyer that there was no warranty (there was), and that an extended warranty was not available! Then my buddy who had a 2015 Midnight Blue DB9 which he bought from Morries was told that tail light condensation was NOT covered under warranty. Both tail lights needed replacing when he bought it, and then he extended the warranty another year for $6K, along with new tires, etc. adding up to over $9k. Well, the tail lights failed again, and when they said it would not be under warranty, so he literally gave them back the car and it's for sale again. I complained to Aston Martin about how poor dealer interaction and simply ignorance of employees is systematically destroying confidence in the brand - no response. Recently (like yesterday) I bought the Midnight Blue (coincidence) 2011 Vantage from Fairfield Jaguar in CT. Luckily Morries actual service staff in the shop are excellent, so I'll still have them service the car with an annual about every other year and seek an independent for occasional work. The Vantage I just bought is throwing a tire code (about 110% sure it's the 10 year old TPMS). They were going to take it to the Aston dealer to fix (today), for what the salesman said would cost $2K. Either that salesman was exaggerating a bit or the Aston dealer was actually going to charge $2K for what should be $800 in 'Aston' parts and labor. I found the identical TPMS on E-Bay for $136 for all 4 and sent the link to the Jag dealer a few days ago. Not sure what their game plan is. The shiny new Minneapolis Ferrari Dealer open house was last Friday - wow - what a private function, about 80 to 100 local Ferrari's all in perfect condition. They unveiled that new 6 cylinder electric Ferrari at that event. Trophy wives everywhere! Anyway, I noticed all the new Ferrari's had 7 years maintenance included in the price - what a concept. I also got an oil change on my C8 Corvette a few weeks ago - after a year and 7,000 miles it was down 1/4 quart on the original change I did at 1,000 miles. They also took care of multiple updates and recalls. Total cost $156.00

Old 09-14-2021, 04:52 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Argus
I guy I know had his Vantage V8 serviced with the annual plus brake fluid his bill was $2400! That is what he said.
I think it's about $1200 for the same on my Rapide or Vantage V8 at the dealer.