Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Speaker upgrade on your v8 vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 04:15 PM
royis is on a distinguished road
Speaker upgrade on your v8 vantage

Hello members. I just brought a 2013 v8 vantage. Love everything on the car beside the speaker quality. It doesnt have the perineum sound package. Sound quality is not as good. Does anyone had their speaker upgraded? I would love some feedback. Thanks

Old 08-20-2018, 04:53 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Talking

Originally Posted by royis
It doesnt have the perineum sound package. Thanks
Well I have heard owners say they dont like the sound but never heard it reffered to in this way ????

Old 08-20-2018, 05:36 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Vantagelvr

Well I have heard owners say they dont like the sound but never heard it reffered to in this way ????
what an a$$😁

Old 08-20-2018, 05:52 PM
sonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the rough
I upgraded the door speakers with Focal PC100's. While they certainly sound great, I have the premium sound, and I'm not 100% I can tell the before/after. Well, my perineum can tell.

Old 08-20-2018, 06:30 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
The perineum sound package comes at a premium.

I usually hear it after eating a burrito, which causes filling up on gas, along with strong subsonic vibrations.

Last edited by spyder997s; 08-20-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:02 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Talking

Originally Posted by spyder997s
The perineum sound package comes at a premium.

I usually hear it after eating a burrito, which causes filling up on gas, along with strong subsonic vibrations.
and a really crappy bass sound ??

Old 08-20-2018, 07:04 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
I upgraded the base audio on my Vantage to the factory Premium option.

You can probably find the thread via my profile. (Sorry, I can't search for it on my mobile)

Generally speaking, I'm very glad I did the upgrade. Sound quality was night and day!

FYI - I kept everything factory, and opted not to go with aftermarket speakers such as the Focals mentioned above. Mainly due to my car already having two premium speakers, and wanting to maintain tonal balance

Old 08-20-2018, 07:06 PM
mjanis will become famous soon enough
Hello members. I just brought a 2013 v8 vantage. Love everything on the car beside the speaker quality. It doesnt have the perineum sound package. Sound quality is not as good. Does anyone had their speaker upgraded? I would love some feedback. Thanks
Yes the answer is simple, turn off the sound system and upgrade the exhaust system!

Old 08-20-2018, 09:15 PM
Argus will become famous soon enough
I was going to mention the engine noise will kill any audio upgrade. When the car is sitting with the engine off any upgrade will sound great. Once you start to move you get road noise engine noise and any other sound out there. It is an Aston not a Caddy.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:48 AM
Senatorblutarsky will become famous soon enoughSenatorblutarsky will become famous soon enough
You can tell the difference with upgraded speakers. There are other threads about this and it seems people are happy with the Focal replacements. You may also want to consider upgrading the sub, etc.

And as long as you are taking things apart, you may want to consider installing the iPhone mirroring kit and the bluetooth radio kit. I had the last two items installed by Redpants and I am very happy I did. Last year at the Redpants tech day they were installing front and rear cameras as well. I didn't get those, but labor is definitely cheaper if you get everything done at once.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:36 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Must have been an autocorrect, but that just too funny! But I have heard the 160w standard is the perineum of sound systems. I doubt it matters what you do with the speakers, you're still only pushing 160w into them.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Senatorblutarsky
You can tell the difference with upgraded speakers. There are other threads about this and it seems people are happy with the Focal replacements. You may also want to consider upgrading the sub, etc.

And as long as you are taking things apart, you may want to consider installing the iPhone mirroring kit and the bluetooth radio kit. I had the last two items installed by Redpants and I am very happy I did. Last year at the Redpants tech day they were installing front and rear cameras as well. I didn't get those, but labor is definitely cheaper if you get everything done at once.
thank you for the feedback. By any chance, do you have the links for the threads related to speaker upgrade?

Old 08-21-2018, 07:02 PM
Senatorblutarsky will become famous soon enoughSenatorblutarsky will become famous soon enough
thank you for the feedback. By any chance, do you have the links for the threads related to speaker upgrade?
Try doing a search of this forum using the word focal. That brings up a few threads. I can't remember exactly which ones I had read.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Senatorblutarsky
Try doing a search of this forum using the word focal. That brings up a few threads. I can't remember exactly which ones I had read.
will do
thank you