Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Some fun running against a Jaguar F-Type SVR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 10:29 AM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Some fun running against a Jaguar F-Type SVR

We finally had a break in the rain here in Central TX, so I decided to go for spirited drive. A neighbor in an SVR had a similar idea. It sounded great and pulled hard, but he was a bit timid in the turns. I have since found out that the SVR is the fastest production jaguar ever. By the way, I love this blackvue dashcam!

Old 09-22-2018, 11:06 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Love it. The Aston, I mean... not the Jag.

Audio on your cam is pretty good. I have a Thinkware F770, but my girlfriend is uncomfortable being recorded (much to my disappointment...) so I've left the microphone off almost every time... hope mine captures the exhaust as well as yours does.

Old 09-22-2018, 11:21 AM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Thanks! I was also surprised at how well the audio picks up, you could even hear him speaking in the car next to me afterwards. This car is a little louder than stock. Sound wise Stu’s (VelocityAP) headers, race cats and QS Super sport exhaust. The overruns (pops) on it are about as loud as the SVR but the microphone didn’t really pick up mine. The Jags were caught on audio as he was pulling in.

Old 09-22-2018, 03:50 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DetomasoGTS74
Thanks! I was also surprised at how well the audio picks up, you could even hear him speaking in the car next to me afterwards. This car is a little louder than stock. Sound wise Stu’s (VelocityAP) headers, race cats and QS Super sport exhaust. The overruns (pops) on it are about as loud as the SVR but the microphone didn’t really pick up mine. The Jags were caught on audio as he was pulling in.
Wow, I thought my GT was loud. Your car sounds like you just pulled off a race track. Very cool.
Ron

Old 09-22-2018, 04:08 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
"Naw, not in the neighborhood...". That made my day. Great video and thanks for sharing.

Old 09-24-2018, 09:55 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for sharing! Your car sounds great!

In low revs your setup is more aggressive.
Damn! Now I need to add race cats.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:21 PM
Thanks! The race cats mad the biggest different in both power and sound. The additional benefit is the low cost and easy install. The headers and dual plate clutch/LW flywheel took me 12 hours.

Originally Posted by Zettinger
Thanks for sharing! Your car sounds great!

In low revs your setup is more aggressive.
Damn! Now I need to add race cats.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:58 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Look I don't want to be the party pooper on this thread......but with respect a spirited drive....and no smoke pouring off the back types in the corners or tyre squeal from the Aston in the bends?

this is great vid of a scenic drive with a car in the front that clearly needs overtaking

Thx for sharing

Old 10-12-2018, 06:02 AM
Fair point, it’s not racing. This is a narrow road that leads into a neighborhood that has blind turns, a cliff on one side and cyclists all the time on it. We were driving about as fast as you would want safely and we were “running” a couple of times in the straights when he felt comfortable. Candidly I was excited to see the SVR, and was pleased the little Aston kept up.

For tire squeal and overtaking, that will be kept at either COTA or Harris Hill.

Last edited by DetomasoGTS74; 10-12-2018 at 10:44 AM.