Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage Car Covers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 12:44 AM
RandyV will become famous soon enough
Question Vantage Car Covers

I live in a dusty area so I need to cover my Vantage roadster and am trying to figure out the best way to go.

For those of you who put an indoor cover on your car are you using the genuine Aston indoor cover or a cover from somewhere else?

Also - if you use the Aston cover on your roadster is the interliner really necessary? The description talks about using the liner to reduce "lint transfer" to the convertible top, which I can see happening - but is it really that big of a deal?

Thx,

Old 09-30-2018, 01:10 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by RandyV
I live in a dusty area so I need to cover my Vantage roadster and am trying to figure out the best way to go.

For those of you who put an indoor cover on your car are you using the genuine Aston indoor cover or a cover from somewhere else?

Also - if you use the Aston cover on your roadster is the interliner really necessary? The description talks about using the liner to reduce "lint transfer" to the convertible top, which I can see happening - but is it really that big of a deal?

Thx,
The inner portion of the AM covers are I think fleece so yes it will lint on the convertible top for sure. Hell when I washed the cover and dried it, the fleece came out as lint on top of the cover and now I have lint all over. There is a company in the UK that makes custom covers and you can choose the color and striping of it. Priced decent also. But a black AM cover honestly is what I would find. And yes, I would lay a bedsheet or something over the conv top then put the cover on it

Old 09-30-2018, 05:37 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
You can get simple disposable dust covers for under $20 up to custom covers for many hundreds...

i was able to find a custom OEM one for about $200 on ebay.

fleece/ lint can be problem but get a cover that matches your top... when i had my Boxster i first had light grey cover and the top would show lint. I switched to a black cover to match my top and no more ugly lint.

also use a lint roller. works great and is quick

Old 09-30-2018, 06:54 AM
Danno62 will become famous soon enough
I just ordered this one from Eastwood...I will follow up on the fitment and such.
https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-su...iABEgK89vD_BwE

The factory Aston cover is very nice for long term storage, soft and protects the car well, however if you are not "storing" the car is can be cumbersome to put on and off daily/weekly.
Another side note, I bought trailer wheel covers so the edge of the Aston cover doesn't get dirty where it form fits at the wheels, so much brake dust/dirt can get on the elastic edging and can ruin the cover or get into the fleece etc.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:28 AM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
https://www.classicadditions.com/

mine came from here . Very soft fleece cover . I got it at a great price as it was a cancelled order . Black cover with black AM logo on the hood area .

Old 09-30-2018, 07:38 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
2nd that, OEM supplier to many vehicles. https://www.classicadditions.com/en-...in-car-covers/

Old 09-30-2018, 07:39 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Danno62
I just ordered this one from Eastwood...I will follow up on the fitment and such.
https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-su...iABEgK89vD_BwE

The factory Aston cover is very nice for long term storage, soft and protects the car well, however if you are not "storing" the car is can be cumbersome to put on and off daily/weekly.
Another side note, I bought trailer wheel covers so the edge of the Aston cover doesn't get dirty where it form fits at the wheels, so much brake dust/dirt can get on the elastic edging and can ruin the cover or get into the fleece etc.
You should never ever ever ever ever put a car cover on a car if it is dirty. That means even dust. So there is no need for wheel covering to protect the cover from brake dust. Tire dressing yes, but dirt no.

I have seen too many collectable or exotic cars that are driven for 1 mile then put back up under cover. If it is driven or sits for anytime without the cover, then the cover doesn't go back on till the vehicle is washed. One speck of sand that gets imbedded into the cover will scratch forever. Not worth it.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:34 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
I have an oem Aston fleece car cover for sale used a handful of times, use the outdoor cover more. PM me if interested

Old 09-30-2018, 08:51 PM
RandyV will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the info everyone. @lilseevs - PM sent.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:00 PM
Danno62 will become famous soon enough
**UPDATE**
I received and test fitted the Eastwood super stretch car cover (#31746 size medium) for my 2006 V8 Vantage. Attached are the pics, I have to say, for an inexpensive car cover that would protect against soft contact, is plush on both sides, comes with a storage bag...I'm super happy with and and would strongly recommend!
I also have the OEM Aston plush heavier cover as well for long term storage but this will be great for short term/light to medium protection at a show or event.
$68.50 shipped to my door from the Eastwood company.
I am not affiliated with Eastwood but do enjoy their quality in their products.

Cheers

Old 10-30-2018, 10:45 PM
DoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of lightDoubleLow7 is a glorious beacon of light
gone.

Last edited by DoubleLow7; 11-05-2018 at 08:02 PM. Reason: sold.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:08 AM
got one will become famous soon enough
Randy, text me at 720-429-2142, I have a solution for you and I am right here in CO...I use it on my Vantage.