Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My new AM has arrived!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 06:27 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ntlr
Update: had an unfortunate incident, and the rear right rim has to be replaced (see picture) - none of the folks I've showed this to has ever seen something like this (the tire is perfectly fine, too...). I got a price on a replacement from a couple of dealers ($$$$), but they can't get an ETA on arrival for the replacement (and it's been over a week so far). Someone has reached out to the UK folks and no response from them.

I'm hugely disappointed in the level of responsiveness and service from the UK, the lack of availability of any replacements, and the price gouging that Aston is doing to their customers. I'm torn as I really love the car and the design of pretty much all of the new Astons and want to root for the underdog, but this experience has left a sour taste in my mouth with the company, and has caused me to change my mind on putting a deposit down for an RB-003.

This is an unfortunate result of impact with low profile tires... did you hit a curb or a pothole?

I had damage to a 19" rim on my Volvo R Design wagon with low profile tires and the tire was fine and the wheel could be fixed. Mine wasn't as severe as your damage.

GL with resolution.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:21 AM
ntlr will become famous soon enoughntlr will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MRCW
This is an unfortunate result of impact with low profile tires... did you hit a curb or a pothole?

I had damage to a 19" rim on my Volvo R Design wagon with low profile tires and the tire was fine and the wheel could be fixed. Mine wasn't as severe as your damage.

GL with resolution.
That's interesting to note. I guess I haven't hit anything that hard before (basically a pothole). And good to know these low profile tires can take quite a beating!

AM has responded and I think the wheel is coming. As a sidenote, the DBS is still a complete hoot to drive 😁

Old 04-29-2019, 07:55 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Odd there is no scrape on the wheel. Pothole? Nice to see the tire did not bubble. Which tire model is it?

Old 04-29-2019, 08:44 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Odd there is no scrape on the wheel. Pothole? Nice to see the tire did not bubble. Which tire model is it?
Look like Pirelli P-Zero's to me

Old 04-29-2019, 11:52 AM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
You should be able to get that repaired. I had similar damage to an aftermarket rim from a pothole and had it repaired. Gorgeous car btw.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:08 PM
ntlr will become famous soon enoughntlr will become famous soon enough
There are absolutely no scrapes on the rim.

Tire is the Pirelli P Zero (PZ4) - it is indeed very surprising that the tire did not bubble.

Part of the metal lip on the wheel actually broke - may be a bit tricky to tell from the picture, but there's a silver bit of metal visible at the top of the pic, between the tire and the bent lip. That's where it looks like the metal actually separated.

Old 04-29-2019, 03:12 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
Looks like the piece that broke is more cosmetic than functional. The tire bead looks further in which is why the tire is ok. Glad Aston has another wheel on the way. I would expect them to be able to come up with a wheel to send you somehow.