Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Dead Vanatge...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 04:35 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by diononiz
Michael,

Is your car the same car that is referenced at the beginning of the thread?
Not it's not. But I sent the link to the service advise.

Old 03-28-2019, 03:45 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Dealer ordered ignition control switch and steering control module. They advised tests determined these systems are causing the issues. Parts will take a few days. Will report back.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:19 AM
Update... car is back and so far running okay. The above parts were installed and then tested for a few days.

Old 04-18-2019, 11:13 PM
diononiz will become famous soon enough
My 2019 vantage has been in the shop a second time for a water pump issue. First time was a few days, this time it has been over a week as they are searching for a wiring short. Anyone else have continuing water pump issues ?

Old 04-19-2019, 08:51 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
My 2019 vantage has been in the shop a second time for a water pump issue. First time was a few days, this time it has been over a week as they are searching for a wiring short. Anyone else have continuing water pump issues ?
Document it all..3rd time lemon out the car

Old 05-09-2019, 09:16 PM
Argus will become famous soon enough
Here is some more info on my friends car. Both electric water pumps were replaced. He had to wait while the pumps came from England. My comment was why so long and just get them from MB. He reply was you would think that is what they would do. Anyway car is back and has had no trouble

Old 11-07-2019, 08:52 PM
Sebastian Roiter is an unknown quantity at this point
I have been experiencing similar issues.
eDiff errors
reduced performance mode
coils/spark plugs were replaced
but car seems to have a substantial loss of power, and constant misfires.

any recommendation?
car has been at the shop for 34 days.
AML NA is coming to look at the car.

car has 1,500 miles (200 or so done by the dealer in test drives)
my19

also hear/feel thumbs coming from the rear axle/diff when moving from parking or braking.

they originally found corrosion in the misfiring cylinders. The loss of power was verified by service technician

Last edited by Sebastian Roiter; 11-07-2019 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Sebastian Roiter
eDiff errors
reduced performance mode

any recommendation?

My car has been to the shop 3 times for EVAP issues for a total of 31 days. It has had a hood latch issue, rear hatch rattle, and a key issue that AM can’t figure out.

I definitely feel your pain.

Old 11-07-2019, 09:02 PM
Sebastian Roiter is an unknown quantity at this point
What were the symptoms you noticed with the water pump issue?

Old 11-07-2019, 09:09 PM
There was a message that came up on the dash that said to stop the car and restart. I did that and then the check engine light came on. I then took it to the shop. Same thing happened 3 times.

Old 11-08-2019, 04:33 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
sounds like you should start the lemon law process... did this years ago with Mercedes when they introduced their first ML 320 SUV...

Old 11-08-2019, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by MRCW
sounds like you should start the lemon law process... did this years ago with Mercedes when they introduced their first ML 320 SUV...
I tried work with Aston Martin on a replacement car but they refused to replace my car.(poor customer service in my opinion) Litigation may be my only choice.

I came from Porsche and wanted to try Aston but honestly in 3 years, my 2016 Porsche 911 turbo never had any issues.

The other issue I have is the AM dealer is not close to my home. In Bay Area traffic, it often takes me 45min to 1hour each way to drive there.

Old 11-08-2019, 09:58 AM
NotanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Sebastian Roiter
eDiff errors
reduced performance mode

any recommendation?

car has 1,500 miles (200 or so done by the dealer in test drives)
my19

also hear/feel thumbs coming from the rear axle/diff when moving from parking or braking.

they originally found corrosion in the misfiring cylinders. The loss of power was verified by service technician
Did the dealer give you anything else they found with it?

My car has been to the shop 3 times for EVAP issues for a total of 31 days. It has had a hood latch issue, rear hatch rattle, and a key issue that AM can’t figure out.

I definitely feel your pain.
What faults?

Originally Posted by MRCW
Any time you buy a first year of a new model there are going to be unforeseen issues. Adding lemon law into this is just going to prolong everything lol

Old 11-08-2019, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by NotanM
Did the dealer give you anything else they found with it?

What faults?

Any time you buy a first year of a new model there are going to be unforeseen issues. Adding lemon law into this is just going to prolong everything lol
IMO lemon law is just the opposite...MB didn't do much for me before I sent my letter invoking lemon law. 30 days later I was in a fully optioned new car...

problems like OP experiencing its inexcusable

Old 11-08-2019, 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=NotanM;4810075]Did the dealer give you anything else they found with it?

What faults?

It also has a noisy differential which others have complained about as well. AM deemed this "normal" but the noise has increased over time. My car now has 3800 miles and the noise is so audible, callers ask what the whining noise when I am on the freeway.