Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2007 DB9 code issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 09:33 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
2007 DB9 code issues

Went through some water about 6 inches deep and now getting the following codes, I am going to try electrical contact cleaner on the throttle body connections and then go from there. But has anyone else had this happen?

P0175System Too Rich (Bank 2)
P0172System Too Rich (Bank 1)
P0068MAF v Throttle Correlation Check

Old 02-27-2019, 09:35 AM
Before anyone asks, I got detoured off the highway and I was in rush hour traffic and could do nothing except go through the water.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:06 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by randyb
Before anyone asks, I got detoured off the highway and I was in rush hour traffic and could do nothing except go through the water.
You just know someone would be asking that (smile).
At 6 inches of water the only thing that come to mind are the O2 sensors and connections on the exhaust system.
It might be worth it to disconnect them and clean the contacts. Reconnect, clear the codes hope for the best.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by embdenb
You just know someone would be asking that (smile).
At 6 inches of water the only thing that come to mind are the O2 sensors and connections on the exhaust system.
It might be worth it to disconnect them and clean the contacts. Reconnect, clear the codes hope for the best.
Thanks, did not think of those. I will take a look.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:27 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Your not getting enough air flow. Air filters got water logged? It's not a connection it's a blockage.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:35 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Air filters and MAF sensors are at the bottom, so either waterlogged filters as above, or wet MAF sensors/connections causing erroneous air flow readings.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Your not getting enough air flow. Air filters got water logged? It's not a connection it's a blockage.
Happened 3 weeks ago, don't think filters would still be wet.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:39 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by randyb
Happened 3 weeks ago, don't think filters would still be wet.
Curious to see the outcome on this.
Unless the air intake boxes have been deleted, 6 inches of water should be no problem for the air intakes. They pull air from the lower part of the upper radiator grill in approx the center of the front of the car.

Old 02-28-2019, 08:41 AM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by embdenb
Curious to see the outcome on this. 6 inches of water should be no problem for the air intakes.
Driving through 6 inches of water causes the water to move and easily add 75% in height depending on speed & conditions. Cars going the other direction can be worse! Restricted air flow from wet filters would be high on my list. I to am interested in the outcome. I hope it's not serious. Good luck.

Old 03-04-2019, 12:06 PM
AM4884 will become famous soon enoughAM4884 will become famous soon enough
I vote for water filled air box/flooded air filters.

I bought a dead DB9 (a longer post coming), and looking at the air boxes stacked in the garage they have a drain hole on the bottom (with a white plastic piece to act as a valve). I wouldn't be surprised if water got sucked up past the valve, or that a valve was missing.

Best
Larry

Old 03-05-2019, 12:28 PM
I have no airbox's and filters are non-oem. Looking at the maf's next and will go to o2's after that. Hoping I just got water in a connecter and just needs to be cleaned. But the maf's are in the most impossible place. Swear the guy who designed everything is a sadist.