Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New rubber and pads

Old 04-08-2019, 07:47 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
New rubber and pads

I needed to get new shoes for the vantage and went with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. This was my first time using the quick jack with the Aston. I also have the aluminum pucks (from one of our friendly forum guests). While the car was in the air I noticed that I needed new rear brake pads. The fronts had loads of life in them. I went with the Porterfield R4-S pads from redpants.lol. Rich got these to me in a couple of days, cheers Rich.

The old pads had shims fitted, so I swapped these over to the Porterfield’s. Super easy job.

Last edited by Dalecannavan; 04-08-2019 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:12 PM
FR500GT will become famous soon enoughFR500GT will become famous soon enough
Where did you purchase the jack pucks from? I need to purchase a set.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:47 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FR500GT
Where did you purchase the jack pucks from? I need to purchase a set.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ntage-db9.html

Old 04-09-2019, 03:35 PM
DonRW2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Same tires and pads on my car

Love them both. I replaced with the Porterfields even though I had plenty of life on the old OEM pads. Simply put, I couldn’t take the extreme squeal with the OEM pads. It was driving me crazy. The final straw was when my girlfriend told me that my Australian Shepherd always goes to the door to greet me because he knows the sound of the brakes...

Zero noise now, and much less brake dust as well.

Old 04-10-2019, 02:42 PM
FR500GT will become famous soon enoughFR500GT will become famous soon enough
Thanks, just placed an order!

Old 04-11-2019, 08:24 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
You might need to change the O rings for a smaller size so they fit easier. These are great items!

Old 04-13-2019, 12:45 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I have hockey pucks in the hatch, They seem to work just fine for $8 a set

Old 04-13-2019, 05:19 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
You are going to love the Porterfield pads hardly any brake dust. When I changed my wheels to BC Forged and used Michelin
pilot sports it saved 6lbs per corner.