Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Brembo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 09:47 PM
Argus will become famous soon enough
Brembo

Any thoughts on using Brembo 4 brake fluid?

Old 04-24-2019, 03:29 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
I'm sure if it's brembo it's great, but if you are purchasing rather go Motul RBF 660 and be done.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:40 AM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
Depends on how you use the car. No need for high-temp brake fluid unless you are going to be on a track. A DOT4 fluid would be just fine for a street driven car, whether Brembo brand or some other brand.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:34 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
I agree with matching the tool to the task. If you're not tracking the car, any DOT 4 is fine. If you are tracking the car, RBF660 is great but I'm seeing a lot of experienced track people recommending Castrol SRF above all else (when it's time to change out my fluid, I'll give it a shot).

Last edited by Mathman85; 04-27-2019 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:30 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
RBF 660 is compatible with all seals and no risk of seal degradation....forget about tracking the friken car .....dot 5 is simply a no go and will cause you trouble later on don't use silecon unless you have rebuilt the entire system.

besides we are not talking about a lot of cash here ....life is simple ....always **** the thinest chick, or the wealthiest, put on the best rubber you can afford ...on the car, use the best lube, that leaves no trace of malice or bad smell....it's a frikken Aston shell out or get an Audi

Old 04-25-2019, 02:35 PM
horsepowerfarm is on a distinguished road
I use Castrol SRF in everything I own.

Old 04-27-2019, 01:55 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by captain Greg
RBF 660 is compatible with all seals and no risk of seal degradation....forget about tracking the friken car .....dot 5 is simply a no go and will cause you trouble later on don't use silecon unless you have rebuilt the entire system.

besides we are not talking about a lot of cash here ....life is simple ....always **** the thinest chick, or the wealthiest, put on the best rubber you can afford ...on the car, use the best lube, that leaves no trace of malice or bad smell....it's a frikken Aston shell out or get an Audi
???

I don't see anybody saying anything about DOT 5 fluids...

If you think my language suggested Castrol SRF was DOT 5, it's not... it's DOT 4. I was simply explaining that particularly high temp fluids only matter in racing applications, and that any DOT 4 fluid will serve street use just fine.

Last edited by Mathman85; 04-27-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Mathman85
???

I don't see anybody saying anything about DOT 5 fluids...

If you think my language suggested Castrol SRF was DOT 5, it's not... it's DOT 4. I was simply explaining that particularly high temp fluids only matter in racing applications, and that any DOT 4 fluid will serve street use just fine.
and I was simply saying since it's a no brainer money wise just go for the top of the line fluid, it's irrelevant if the car is tracked or not.
as rule I don't track much, but for wot it's worth even on the road my RBF 660 discoloration is noticeable in the fluid reservoir on my bikes ...so why would I ever go to a lower end product when the top of the range takes strain ?
While I appreciate that discoloration is no thermometer of fluid performance or longevity I personally don't enjoy dark brake/clutch fluid and will always try and offer my machine the best chemical engineering available ......like going to a dentist I seldom chose a man who is offering the budget service

brembo make breaks systems I doubt that they have the infrastructure or budget to develop fluids to the extent companies like motul or Castrol who only make fluids do?

In saying a product is fine for the road?.. well on Wednesday I took my Aston out on a road run ....I wrung its neck in every gear for almost three hours non stop hitting the guv too many times to recall during up shifts I braked for slow traffic and braked

hard to avoid cars that were slow or coming onto highways i braked many times from speeds of over 245km per hour down to 30km per hour the abs was going mad and the smell of the EBC red stuff was pronounced in the cabin at times .....would I have felt comfortable with a cheaper fluid in my break system, after all I was on the road and I am willing to bet my car had a harder time in that three hours than a few sets of 10 laps at a track day!

So my thinking is since fluid prices are negligible between RBF 660 and anything else why bother with anything else? I have no dog in this race and no commitment to Motul, I just know from being a petrol head for almost 50 years there is little to touch it from a performance perspective so get hold of redpants and secure some Motul while he still has it, fortunately for us Motul is easily Available here locally

im TIBA on this one

Old 04-27-2019, 04:55 PM
I'd be surprised if your spirited street driving got the fluid temps anywhere near the DOT 4 standard for boiling points, but okay. lol

I do support buying good fluids, obviously, but the higher boiling point of top-end fluids (like RBF660 and SRF) is the only reason they cost more. My bigger point, ultimately, is that any DOT 4 fluid will safely stop the car in street conditions (that's what the standards are for), but if you do far more aggressive braking (and really, only if you do), you need fluid with a higher boiling point.

Last edited by Mathman85; 04-27-2019 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-27-2019, 06:55 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by horsepowerfarm
I use Castrol SRF in everything I own.
no offense, but unless you track everything you own you are simply wasting your money. That’s like putting race octane fuel in a stock Honda Pilot. Makes you feel good but you arnt using the potential.

How many times has anyone boiled a vantages brake fluid while on the street?

Last edited by MikeR397; 04-27-2019 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:01 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Mathman85
I'd be surprised if your spirited street driving got the fluid temps anywhere near the DOT 4 standard for boiling points, but okay. lol

I do support buying good fluids, obviously, but the higher boiling point of top-end fluids (like RBF660 and SRF) is the only reason they cost more. My bigger point, ultimately, is that any DOT 4 fluid will safely stop the car in street conditions (that's what the standards are for), but if you do far more aggressive braking (and really, only if you do), you need fluid with a higher boiling point.
well said, and with restraint.

Imho it doesn’t matter how “crazy road racer madness” you are doing, you can’t get enough repetitive aggressive stops in to heat the fluid to failure past a normal dot 4. I get it, it’s a few bucks more, go ahead and splurge, but let’s not confuse the stress on fluid of any all out 20 min track session with massive amounts of 100% brake from triple digits to zero in very short time increments with anything that is reasonable or feasible no matter how much disregard one has for street rules.