Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Help with purchase of V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 01:36 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by RBWIII
Checked out car...very nice...how does paint look? Condition of seat bolster?

If ANYONE wants a second look at ANY Exotic car in Northern Virginia I would be happy to help out a forum member. My hobby/ side work is Paint Corrections, Protection Film, and Coatings and have a Aston myself. So can help out on all aspects except internal mechanicals. Of course can say how it runs, drives, and IMHO how close to new like it is. Definitely tell you paint condition and what it needs to make as close to perfect as possible.

Just thought I would post this to help out if need be.

Remember------V8 Vantages have the timing chain cover leakage issue. I believe all 4.3 and 4.7 motors suffer from this. It was supposed to be solved in the 4.7 but i believe someone has posted here that they had an issue. Also, even if repaired expect it to happen again 20k miles or so into the new repair. I do know several forum members where this has happened. Its a 3k or so fix at a dealer when the leak is bad enough to care. Most owners dump thiers when this gets bad, so keep that in mind.

Also-----Track------look at Velocity AP for all the mods you will need to do and look at the very very long thread that @era2076 has posted here ERA Racing Vantage Changover

Old 05-31-2019, 05:38 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I posted a timing cover leak - someone at the factory pinched the rubber gasket, it was a slow seep without even a drop coming from it fixed under warranty - would have cost about $5K. I had a 2007 (new) with a timing belt problem the first week - fixed under warranty, then no issues for 25K miles, I had a 2009 Vantage - zero issues - bought it with 32,000 miles and drove it another 12,000 miles (the clutch went out a few thousand miles after the next owner had it), and I had a 2015 GT with a ton of issues - fixed under warranty. Since then - I've had V12S Vantages.