Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Lets See your DB9's/ share your Driving experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 05:52 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Lets See your DB9's/ share your Driving experience

What the title said... post some pics of your DB9's and please share the long-term ownership experience. Thanks in advance.

Joe

Old 03-20-2006, 04:48 PM
JarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of light
Would be interested to hear some feedback as well. The biggest thing that scares me about these cars is depreciation. I see 03 DB7's in the 70's and 02-03 Vanquish's for 130. What is going to happen once the new Vantage comes out?

Old 03-21-2006, 12:50 AM
kunal has a spectacular aura aboutkunal has a spectacular aura aboutkunal has a spectacular aura about
I had a DB9, had lots of problems with it. The dealership was very poor in fixing the problems, and AM North America was not on top of resolving the problem. In the end I am without a DB9 and don't plan to be in an AM anytime soon. If you want more details, I can surely provide them, just PM me.

Kunal

Old 03-22-2006, 10:57 AM
JarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of light
Anyone know the service costs on these cars?

What do they require the first 30k miles? Is it just normal, oil/air filters/tires? Or are there requirements like Ferrari?

Old 03-23-2006, 03:16 PM
ixlr82 is on a distinguished road
Man I just drove a AM DB9 and I have to say it is a cool ride!!! The brakes leave a little to be desired but overall a fun vehicle. I wouldn't mind picking one up if there weren't such a maintanence headache like I have heard. I would also like to know what kind of maintanence they require other than the warranty issues.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:24 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
My best friends DB9 (first 1 in MI last year) was dead the other day. Wouldn't take a jump after trickle charger was removed and all the lights came on saying electrical problems and what not. Of course you'd think its the battery off-hand but its day 4 now in the shop with no answers. Car has 400 miles.

Old 03-23-2006, 11:49 PM
BLKM3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
My best friends DB9 (first 1 in MI last year) was dead the other day. Wouldn't take a jump after trickle charger was removed and all the lights came on saying electrical problems and what not. Of course you'd think its the battery off-hand but its day 4 now in the shop with no answers. Car has 400 miles.
Wow seems like your buddy doesn't drive much and the car is full of problems.

I've also heard numerous electrical problems from owners as well like windows not rolling up, air conditioning broken etc.

Old 03-24-2006, 03:10 PM
fifrules is on a distinguished road
While I know this is old news, Car and Driver had problems with their DB9 tester in the August 2004 issue too.

Old 03-24-2006, 03:16 PM
micah has a spectacular aura aboutmicah has a spectacular aura aboutmicah has a spectacular aura about

sorry i speak with pix

Old 03-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
My best friend has one and loves it he just took it back to Toronto but while it was here for the winter we put on about 2500 km

Old 03-25-2006, 03:24 PM
It is a shame they can't get their sh** together. I love the cars, but don't want a service nightmare. I guess I will wait for the 997TT.

Old 03-25-2006, 08:01 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Thanks for the replies everyone, I got back from vacation this evening. Very informative.

Old 04-18-2006, 11:10 PM
LABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of light
my dad had a db7 and now owns a db9 volante. He has had no problems as of yet and only uses it 3-4 times a month.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:41 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i am surprised a car that costs 130+ has this kind of quality and service problem. YOu would think they would address them properly.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Leandro is on a distinguished road
I do not own one, but an uncle of mine (who had one) let me use his for some days when I was in Capri and I was able to take it on some nice coastal roads as well as some high speed straight line up hill, down hill slopes...
It is a very confident car, handles well and is BETTER than the Vanquish, in my opinion.. I actually encountered this Bentley GT and had a small run with it in the twisties - It is clear that the Bentley lacks in every aspect, when compared directly... The DB9 took turns quicker but on the straights the Bentley would slightly pull, but never out accelerate; with that i can say that the DB9 does better on a track.
Anyhow, just months ago I went back to my uncle's home and found that the DB9 was gone, and in its place was a SuperAmerica 575 (with the GTC package.) I did not get a chance to drive it myself, but we went for a ride, and it has much more character than the DB9. It also seemed to be capable of the same things, just do them slightly better with more ease.