Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8 for a golfer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:18 AM
hardman is on a distinguished road
V8 for a golfer

Have been looking at the V8 because it is the best looking car on the road. If anyone can reflect on the cars ability to hold two sets of golf clubs in that tiny trunk that would be valuable feedback. Currently own a 997 C2S and a bit unnerved about giving up teh performance of the Porsche for the sexapeal of the V8, would also luv to hear from any V8 owners that may have spent some time in a 997S.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Dtd350Z can only hope to improve
Doesn't look promising -- maybe another one on top of it?

Last edited by Dtd350Z; 04-23-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:56 PM
hamp is on a distinguished road
I think u can get 2 sets in there without any problems, I mean... looks like there's some space left on top of the set in the pic. To be sure tho I'd call a dealer up, they play golf at AstonMartin don't they?

Old 04-23-2007, 05:07 PM
hardman is on a distinguished road
I once arranged a meeting to drive the V8 and when I got there the dealer did not have one and sat me in a DB9 (which wasn't that interesting) for a road test. I had my clubs ready for the test and with no V8 in sight the salesguy naturally told me that 2 sets would easily fit....just like his training pamphlet instructed. Might have to haul the sticks out for another try. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Moogle is on a distinguished road
This car was specifically designed with the hatchback to accomodate 2 sets of golf clubs.

Old 06-11-2007, 08:59 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
The Am8 is a great car if you have never driven a porsche. I recently drove both an AM8 and a DB9. The 8 is sporty and fun but you will be bested by a cayman S for half the price. The DB9 is another animal. The torque and the power of the big V12 is amazing. While the numbers probably put it in league with a C2S, the feeling and sound definitely establish a difference. I too have been in search of the country club chariot. I have driven my C2S cab with the top down and 1 set of clubs in the passanger side. I drove a MB CLS55 for a year with 2 sets of clubs and room to spare but was bored with the drive unless there was a long straight-away. There is no easy answer to the golfer-2 sets-perfect car. Expore the Bently Cont. Seems to have plenty of power and room for clubs but I cannot vouch for the ride. Otherwise, The DB9 will offer a 185K solution. If you don't mind a little less pinche the Cayman S will give you room for the 2 sets (especially if you buy ther porsche bags) and a great performer for the money. My 2 cents. Oh by the way, the next addition to my garage will be a DB9 Volante which will accomodate 2 passangers and 2 sets, barely.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
jaymoney - your golf comments are certainly worthy and I do not mean to show disrespect but I have taken the AM8 on the track at Sebring - and Cayman S and 997S and 997 and 996tt (550hp) - my only ***** is the pedal placement in the AM 8 - just not very good for heel/toe at the track - and my ***** was confirmed by the Brit pro racers AM brought in for the event (they had the same comment). The 996 turbo is certainly faster (very modified - I spent a lot of $$) the rest I could beat on the track at Sebring w/ the AM 8 at any time. But then my comment has nothing to do w/ golf clubs - so I will be quiet now !

Old 06-21-2007, 08:51 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
My experience was around town. The AM8 is beautiful and sporty. I would love to experience it's ability on the track. That's the real problem with test driving. We seldom get to drive these show cars in all facets of ownership. My comments were of course with the golf club cargo in mind. Pure driving and style there is no comparrison. The AM8 is by itself. However, the data in test studies will show that a number of less expensive (and less beutiful/exclusive) cars will perform with it, if not out perform the AM8. Having said that, if not for the V12 and the space of the DB9 Volante, I would probably buy an AM8 cabrio.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:38 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Understand - we all have our priorities for fun and yours is a nice ride w/ golf in mind. I wish I could comment on clubs fitting in the car - I'm not a golfer but if you need me to take some real world measurements, let me know ... sure looks like 2 bags could be stacked...

Old 08-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Aston Man is on a distinguished road
and Mike knows how to drive on the track !!!
But yes I have place two golf bags in a Vantage and mine is a full size bag I placed in the lower area and placed my wifes bag on top with the partial shelf removed and second set of club heads facing the front of the car.
I also had a customer who used a long putter and used to have it share the front seat in his Jag but when he took delivery of his Vantage he was suprised that I could place in the boot with his bag