Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:
View Poll Results: Audi R8 or Nissan GTR
Audi R8 (V8)
67.69%
Nissan GTR
32.31%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Money issues aside. Nissan GTR or Audi R8?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 08:13 PM
hotsauce will become famous soon enough
There's always something faster - the R8 just does EVERYTHING well. The GTR doesn't appeal to me at all.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:57 PM
james6290 is on a distinguished road
You have a lot of things you have left unsaid. The R8 comes in a stick, GTR doesn't. The R8 is a two seater, GTR is a 4 seater. R8 is mid engine, GTR is front engine. R8 is naturally aspirated, GTR runs on boost. GTR is an tuner type car, R8 is a German tourer. Bottom line is, if none of that stuff matters to you, than do you want a daily driver or a weekend car? Do you care about speed or styling? It's a personal choice. If you have money to blow out your a$$ then go for the R8, if you want to save 40-50K, then opt for the GTR. Too be completely honest though, I think you would be ecstatic with either...

Old 05-06-2008, 11:57 PM
E36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of light
GTR is an amazing car but i would wait for the v10 R8 to come out, cause you know it will be brilliant!

Old 10-15-2010, 08:28 PM
pastandrey is on a distinguished road
Depends on what you need a good looking car or a fast car r8 definetly looks better but if you are going to track the car gtr is the choice

Old 10-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Methodx55 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dsb
I like both cars but being that you would RARELY take full advantage of the GTR on the road, I would take the R8. The R8 turns heads whereas the GTR would blend in. I may be vain, but if I drive a $80-120k car, I want it to look the part.
could not agree more

Old 10-16-2010, 12:18 PM
z32cctx will become famous soon enough
I would go with the R8. You really dont see that many on the street's. I see GTR"s all the time. =-)

Old 10-16-2010, 01:41 PM
FloridaRealtor is on a distinguished road
money issues aside.. buy both

Old 10-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Voted GTR..

Old 10-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by s4play
This is an excellent question and given a car should stir our emotions when driving it, the R8 wins hands down in every category.

Who cares the GTR is faster - heck a Neon can be made to go faster than some exotics but who wants one? ? ?

The key question from the OP was that if money was no object and you just had to pick a car, I would take the R8 for sure 110%. However even if I had to write the check it would still be the R8 over the GTR. If you are going to dump $80k+ on a sports car it had better look the part and at the end of the night, the GTR just does not look exotic though no one can argue with it's performance.

my 2 cents,
rick
Which category does the GTR Not win..

the only thing i can think of is its not as Exotic " Looking "..

otherwise from a performance standpoint the GTR wins Every Category vs the v8..

Mike

Old 10-16-2010, 01:55 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FloridaRealtor
money issues aside.. buy both
Best response in whole thread.

I'm having this same issue... But that said, I'm tossing around the idea of a second car, because the wife wants a new blue 2012 GT-R, and I'm leaning towards an R8, only because I already have a GT-R.

I guess I've made my decision, but money was a small driving factor, as I picked up my GT-R for $79k, and at the time the R8 (including mark-up around June '08) I was offered an R8 for ~$150k.

The wife wants the R8 to be R-tronic. There is no way I'm wasting my money on that useless transmission (in my opinion). So I'd get the the 6sp manual, but the wife would never drive it, and I wouldn't want to fight over the GT-R. So it maybe either a 997TT or 2012 GT-R.

This is a good problem to have, I guess.

This also a REALLY old thread. What did the OP choose?

Old 10-16-2010, 08:26 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Love my GTR.. but would not own 2 of the same cars EVER ..way 2 boring and wierd..

R8 would be an awesome 2nd car !!

Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Best response in whole thread.

I'm having this same issue... But that said, I'm tossing around the idea of a second car, because the wife wants a new blue 2012 GT-R, and I'm leaning towards an R8, only because I already have a GT-R.

I guess I've made my decision, but money was a small driving factor, as I picked up my GT-R for $79k, and at the time the R8 (including mark-up around June '08) I was offered an R8 for ~$150k.

The wife wants the R8 to be R-tronic. There is no way I'm wasting my money on that useless transmission (in my opinion). So I'd get the the 6sp manual, but the wife would never drive it, and I wouldn't want to fight over the GT-R. So it maybe either a 997TT or 2012 GT-R.

This is a good problem to have, I guess.

This also a REALLY old thread. What did the OP choose?

Old 10-16-2010, 10:36 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
GTR if if I am around 30... but I am not. ; D

Old 10-17-2010, 12:09 AM
wwjd is on a distinguished road
I had hard time on choosing between Vantage, R8, CLK63 black, Bentely CGT and GTR last year. After testdrove the first four, I couldn't make up my mind. Until I testdrove the GTR.

Old 10-17-2010, 01:11 AM
robfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of light
To me........no brainer R8, every day in every way................

Old 10-17-2010, 06:56 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mvorkinn
R8 anytime, anywhere. man look at it
sweeeeeeettttttttt

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Money issues aside. Nissan GTR or Audi R8?