Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:
View Poll Results: Audi R8 or Nissan GTR
Audi R8 (V8)
67.69%
Nissan GTR
32.31%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Money issues aside. Nissan GTR or Audi R8?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 09:03 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vegasGTR
Love my GTR.. but would not own 2 of the same cars EVER ..way 2 boring and wierd..

R8 would be an awesome 2nd car !!
Don't get me wrong - they won't be the same car. The '09 would be a full on street legal race/drag car - (it's one of the few cars that can do all three), and the '12 would stay stock.
Originally Posted by wwjd
I had hard time on choosing between Vantage, R8, CLK63 black, Bentely CGT and GTR last year. After testdrove the first four, I couldn't make up my mind. Until I testdrove the GTR.
I'm assuming you were pleased with the GT-R?

I was (still am) cross-shopping with a Vantage (as my second car), as well. One cannot deny its aesthetics.

I guess, like I said earlier, I'm only having this debate because it'll be my 'other' car. My primary DD is already a GT-R.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:05 AM
wwjd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I'm assuming you were pleased with the GT-R?

I was (still am) cross-shopping with a Vantage (as my second car), as well. One cannot deny its aesthetics.

I guess, like I said earlier, I'm only having this debate because it'll be my 'other' car. My primary DD is already a GT-R.
I'm very happy with my GTR.

Im not sure what is the expectation of your car. In my case, if I were buying Vantage, I were buying its style. In performance wise, Vantage might dispointed you. When you are pushing the throttle, you will be hearing exotic sound from the exhaust, however, the power won't delivery like the sound, it's not as fast as you were expecting.
On the other hand, if I need to drive for 100 miles or more for a long trip, I would choose Vantage.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:45 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I'm very happy with my GTR.

Im not sure what is the expectation of your car. In my case, if I were buying Vantage, I were buying its style. In performance wise, Vantage might dispointed you. When you are pushing the throttle, you will be hearing exotic sound from the exhaust, however, the power won't delivery like the sound, it's not as fast as you were expecting.
On the other hand, if I need to drive for 100 miles or more for a long trip, I would choose Vantage.
I'm a mess. I have so many cars in mind, it's unbelievable. I have no idea what to get. I know I don't want to spend more than $120k.

Anywhere between Viper to Z06 to R8 - Vantage, 996GT3, 997 TT, 355, etc...

Old 10-17-2010, 12:20 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
The R8 is lot more comfortable for longer drive than the vantage. You will feel every cracks in the road on the vantage

Old 10-17-2010, 12:22 PM
wwjd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mdc
The R8 is lot more comfortable for longer drive than the vantage. You will feel every cracks in the road on the vantage
I was comparing GTR and vantage. Not reply to the topic, just jaspergtr.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:41 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
To me, outside of performance, the vantage is a classic beauty, an elegant GT like (on comfort mode) sport car. The R8 is an exotic that does not come with a $300K pice tag and very easy to live with. The GTR has unique in your face exterior styling, but the interior material/build is not great.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:09 PM
wyo996 is on a distinguished road
I see this thread has been around a few years and that was how long I waited for my V10 R8 because I wanted it to be exactly optioned at that price. While waiting I pulled the trigger on a new GTR at a great price. I have never looked back and now to compare the two is apples and oranges. I do not understand statements like it is too robotic (GTR) or easy to drive. I love them both but driving the Audi is akin to a religious exsperience. I really cannot say which is faster. I am looking forward to tuning the GTR when it is out of warranty and will likely track it more just because of cost and more tuners and choices on mods. Will