Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:
View Poll Results: Audi R8 or Nissan GTR
Audi R8 (V8)
67.69%
Nissan GTR
32.31%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Money issues aside. Nissan GTR or Audi R8?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 08:52 PM
michaeldorian will become famous soon enoughmichaeldorian will become famous soon enough
Money issues aside. Nissan GTR or Audi R8?

Just want to know the opinion of the people on this board. I know there is quite a difference in price between the 2 cars however lets hypothetically say you comfortably own one or the other but not both. What would you choose? The performance number on the GTR is staggering and just can't be ignored. Is the R8 just plain slow compared to it?

Last edited by michaeldorian; 05-06-2008 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Error
Old 04-22-2008, 09:07 PM
JN87 is on a distinguished road
The GTR is definatly faster than the R8, but just looking at the two cars, the R8 is hot and the feeling it gives, the connection with the driver is much more pleasant than the GTR. What I hear on the Nissan is that yes it is fast, but the driving enjoyement is little to none.

R8 for me... looks better, sounds better, feels better... and with an MTM supercharger, I'm sure can be just as fast.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:08 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Gtr...

Old 04-22-2008, 09:43 PM
dsb
dsb is on a distinguished road
I like both cars but being that you would RARELY take full advantage of the GTR on the road, I would take the R8. The R8 turns heads whereas the GTR would blend in. I may be vain, but if I drive a $80-120k car, I want it to look the part.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:15 PM
SiNzz is on a distinguished road
If I were going to be dropping money on something special, I'd want a car that stirs emotions when I look at it, sit in it, or drive it. The GTR just seems too sterile. It goes very fast but doesn't seem to do much else. Don't get me wrong,I love the GTR and always have, but I really don't care if it goes faster to 60 or is quicker around tracks that I'll never drive on. For me, it would be an R8, although they're both spectacular cars in different ways.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:43 PM
JJayB is on a distinguished road
Audi isn't flooding the market with R8's and all the dealers in my area are still getting a premium for this very limited production car. GTR's will be easy to buy after the initial waive passes. Two very different cars. I'll take the GTR given the relibility and price. The R8 is nice, but it seems to be second to every car it's tested against.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:57 PM
michaeldorian will become famous soon enoughmichaeldorian will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by dsb
I like both cars but being that you would RARELY take full advantage of the GTR on the road, I would take the R8. The R8 turns heads whereas the GTR would blend in. I may be vain, but if I drive a $80-120k car, I want it to look the part.
I'm kind of with you on this part. The GTR does look pretty aggressive though.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:14 PM
momoney is on a distinguished road
hands down GTR for sure. some people in japan have broke the ecu code so when there is an ecu flash you will be waking up GODZZILA. and it might cost you around $80000 i think it is a great deal. i cant wait for the 4 door GTR to come i will definitely be trading in my B7 s4 for it.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by momoney
hands down GTR for sure. some people in japan have broke the ecu code so when there is an ecu flash you will be waking up GODZZILA. and it might cost you around $80000 i think it is a great deal. i cant wait for the 4 door GTR to come i will definitely be trading in my B7 s4 for it.
Interesting...I don't think I've ever heard anything about a 4 door GTR. The GTR is no doubt fast but from what I've been reading its sounds like it drives like a robot. Thats really my main concern as I actually happen to somewhat like the styling. It's no R8 for sure but different.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:36 AM
SiNzz is on a distinguished road
I would definitely like to see the 4 door materialize. That would be insane. I really do think the cars are too different to compare though. Different design philosophies, different layouts, different audiences, different appeals. As I said, I really don't think you can go wrong. I can't wait to see some modified GTR's that are beyond merely rims or catbacks.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:46 AM
cellg8 is on a distinguished road
mo, you sound very enthusiastic about this 'Godzilla'

Old 04-23-2008, 02:02 PM
insidi0us is on a distinguished road
let's see.... Nissan.... or Audi..... =)

In all seriousness.... R8 everyday.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:31 PM
JROW is on a distinguished road
Hands down, R8!

Old 04-23-2008, 04:36 PM
mvorkinn is on a distinguished road
R8 anytime, anywhere. man look at it

Old 04-23-2008, 10:34 PM
momoney is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cellg8
mo, you sound very enthusiastic about this 'Godzilla'
since i was a little kid my dream car was a GTR and hell yes i cant wait for the zilla to come to the states hahaha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Money issues aside. Nissan GTR or Audi R8?