Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New A4s in Manual - Anyone driven one?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 08:38 AM
John814 is on a distinguished road
New A4s in Manual - Anyone driven one?

I checked out the new Audi A4's in the showroom yesterday. Very nice! They've come a long way since I last looked seriously at them.

My only complaint is the 2.0T sedan is the only one that offers manual. No V6, no Avant...

So has anyone driven the manual A4's? Or just the new body-style A4's? Thoughts?

I'm currently driving an 08 VW Rabbit, but after checking out the A4, the thought of Euro-Delivery/Lease/Free Maint. looks very appealing.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:40 PM
AussieRS is on a distinguished road
I went car shopping yesterday, small Audi dealer, but did not see any manuals. I didn't think they were bringing over any manuals for a while, regardless of engine.

The two, unpolished, pipes on one side does me in, I just couldn't muster myself up for the 2.0T. It especially sucks because the 3.2's stats are pretty pathetic. It's a beautiful car though, just as nice as in pictures.

What color are you considering?

Old 11-09-2008, 01:01 PM
John814 is on a distinguished road
Monza Silver with the S-line

But I really want my next car to be quick. I'm tired of having a dog.

Interesting to see what the next S4 will be into. I was just curious as to if anyone thought the 2.0T or the manual gearbox was worth anything.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:00 PM
AussieRS is on a distinguished road
Ya,
well according to Audi the 4-cyl is the fastest in it's class, defined by the other entry level V6 luxury cars.

Still,
I would wait until next fall for the S4 if you want speed. I think the B8 S4 will be incredible, 0-62 in 5.1, such an improvement.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Blake P has a spectacular aura aboutBlake P has a spectacular aura about
I bought a 2.0T S Line this week and it's an incredible car. Performance and luxury are both class leading, IMO.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:28 PM
arzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud of
Is the new A4 leasing well? what are you guys paying a month

Old 11-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
I test drove one, it was very nice.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:26 PM
kem
kem is on a distinguished road
Audiusa.com does not list a manual transmission for any A4. What a bummer.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:46 AM
ironchefigor has a little shameless behaviour in the past
A4 manuals should be here around late February early March.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Raydius is on a distinguished road
When the new A4 came out, there were no manuals available, but I suggested a friend check it out anyway, thinking it would be basically the same as the A5 interior -- but there's a certain element of cheese to some parts of it, and it definitely isn't the same materials-wise as the 5 coupe. He ended up getting a loaded '09 IS350 (that is a LOT of car for the 38k he paid). *shrug

Old 11-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
I would suggest buying the 2.0t for its tuneability. We have lots too offer for this car. Lot more than the 3.2. In fact when you chip the 2.0T you get 250+ HP and 300+ torque for just $599.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
I personally have a 2.0T GTI and love it.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:29 PM
jpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nice
Originally Posted by ironchefigor
A4 manuals should be here around late February early March.
I heard the same thing.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Brian@AudiMV is on a distinguished road
I ordered my manual not too long ago. They should be here in February if Audi sticks with the normal 3 month turnover.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:43 PM
GearDriven is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by John814
I checked out the new Audi A4's in the showroom yesterday. Very nice! They've come a long way since I last looked seriously at them.

My only complaint is the 2.0T sedan is the only one that offers manual. No V6, no Avant...

So has anyone driven the manual A4's? Or just the new body-style A4's? Thoughts?

I'm currently driving an 08 VW Rabbit, but after checking out the A4, the thought of Euro-Delivery/Lease/Free Maint. looks very appealing.
I drove one... (2.0T, auto, prestige)

• Turn In has much improved!
  • Nice interior!
  • Auto transmission rev matches downshifts...it is actually pretty nice
  • The LED running lights are nice, distinctive, and look muscular
  • 2.0T is the way to go...3.2 kills mileage and doesn't really offer increased performance
  • Understeers a bit...but the new torsen setup gets the car neutral during acceleration out of a turn.
  • Why do I need to turn a 32,000 car into $40+k car to get the advanced key?
  • Why can Porsche make an H6 in the boxster get 30+ mpg on the highway and Audi's six sucks fuel?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New A4s in Manual - Anyone driven one?