Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anyone considering RS5?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 08:27 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone considering RS5?

I am curious if anyone here has a deposit on the new upcoming RS5. If so, are you cross shopping with a used 997TT? Thanks!

Old 11-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Banned
speedwerks will become famous soon enoughspeedwerks will become famous soon enough
Why cross-shop with a Porsche? Different categories in different price ranges. Cross-shop new and used? Sounds like cross-shopping with BMW M6 and M-B CLK AMG would be a better fit, IMO.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:10 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry for not making it clear - I meant a used 997TT. I presume the RS5 will be close to $80s.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:30 AM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
I thought people were still speculating which powerplant Audi will use, maybe I missed the announcement.

4.2L Twin turbo = interesting
V10 = Alpine White please

Old 11-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Andyuk9112 is on a distinguished road
I was told V8 .... but don't know if it will have a couple of blowers ..

Old 11-23-2008, 10:47 AM
I am told that (disappointingly) audi will use tweaked RS4 with 450hp. People were hoping for 470hp V8 or TT V8.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Andyuk9112 is on a distinguished road
It will need a massive tweak to get to 450hp ... the best std RS4 engine just about gets to 390hp

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7uM8jpQoEfI

Old 11-23-2008, 11:27 AM
I meant at the crank - not at the wheels.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Rac10000 is on a distinguished road
I am definitely considering it. I put a deposit down at my dealer for #3 on their list a couple months ago at MSRP. I wouldn't want to take delivery going into the winter so the earliest delivery date would be Spring/Summer of 2010.

I agree that it will come in around $80K and I will also consider a used 997TT even though they are in different classes. I am also considering the C63 and the E92 M3.

As far as the specs are concerned, I have heard that it will be a TT V8 making 450+ (at the crank). Hopefully we will know for sure in January ... the car is rumored to be unveiled at the Detroit auto show.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:27 PM
I also have a deposit locally for MSRP but I am having second thoughts given that RS5 will prob won't too different from the S4 - hopefully it will have a pronounced fender bulge, dsg, 450++ hp etc. I think 997TT will look more "better" and faster but hard to deny the "newness" of the RS5 along with better techno gadets such as 3g mmi, sports diff etc. If 997TT dips in high 70s next year, I will pull my deposit out.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:22 PM
jpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nice
I have a deposit down on one, I am sure it will be a great piece of engineering.