Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My PB RS4 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Most-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys. The car is coming along slowly and I will have some good pics sometime next week. The parts are only just trickling in. The car is on stands in the garage as we speak. I swapped in some SS brake lines and am waiting for the lightweight rotors to arrive. If they arrive in time I will swap in the rotors and carbotech race pads. Suspension should be in next week if the Stern arms arrive. Its horrible having a $4k suspension sitting here and not being able to install them. I could but would have to realign the car etc so its better to wait I did get the black optic grill in today. It looks amazing. Here is a teaser pic. I also had someone do the chrome trim in vynl. I am not happy with the job done so I ordered the authentic black optic trim from Germany. I love the look just not the quality of the vynl job. Here are some pics of the vynl. I also did the marker lights and taillights. Not so sure about the taillights??? Hopefully by the end of next week everything will be in and set up. There are other things I'll be doing but these are the things I wanted done asap. Track day is Saturday and I'll have pics and vids...

Old 05-19-2010, 08:28 AM
blaze is on a distinguished road
The grill looks great. Did you have the vinyl done with the trim on the car?

I've thought about pulling my trim off and having it powdercoated but don't know how big of a pain it would be.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Most-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blaze
The grill looks great. Did you have the vinyl done with the trim on the car?

I've thought about pulling my trim off and having it powdercoated but don't know how big of a pain it would be.
Thanks. I highly recommend NOT doing vynl. All my chrome trim was wrapped and it looks horrible. It was done by a very big reputable company too. The angles are just too tight and the vynl lifts. They also cant cover the trim completely. I recommend just ordering the trim in black from oempl.us for $795(comes with the rear quarter glass too). It is the matte black trim from the Titanium Package cars. I love the black trim, just not the job these guys did with the vynl.

As for your question, I hear you just about destroy the trim when removing it. I wont know until I see the new trim and get it on. I'll shoot you a pm on what I think and if its removable without damaging it. Actually, if I get mine off without ruining it you can use mine to powdercoat and eliminate some down time on yours if you dont want to buy the trim and if your talking about an RS4 Slow progress but its been fun...

Link for the trim...
http://oemplus.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=767

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 05-19-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:15 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Looking good! I'm glad you decided not to upgrade your brakes, but adding SS lines and new pads will do wonders. I think the OEM RS4 brakes are more than capable unless you're adding prodigious amounts of power!

Old 05-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
Looking good! I'm glad you decided not to upgrade your brakes, but adding SS lines and new pads will do wonders. I think the OEM RS4 brakes are more than capable unless you're adding prodigious amounts of power!
Thanks. Yeah I'm with you on the brakes and cant justify the $ on a BBK for this car. I'm the type of person if I do the fronts I'll have to do the rear and now we're talking $7K. I really want this car to be a budget build of sorts. I have no intentions of making any more power just as you mentioned. So I'll keep it simple. I just bought some badazz Carbotech brake pads(XP10 for the front, XP8 for the rear). I did buy some lightweight rotors to shed some weight. I needed rotors anyways as these are almost wore out and I dont want drilled for the track anyways. It should be a nice combination. First track day is this Sat night. We'll see how it does????

Old 05-19-2010, 02:34 PM
blaze is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Actually, if I get mine off without ruining it you can use mine to powdercoat and eliminate some down time on yours if you dont want to buy the trim and if your talking about an RS4 Slow progress but its been fun...

Link for the trim...
http://oemplus.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=767
Roger that. Where'd you get the brakes ?

Last edited by blaze; 05-20-2010 at 05:33 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by blaze
Roger that. Where'd you get the brakes ?
CTbrakes, ask for Mike JR. Everything arrived quick.

Well, the Carbotech XP10 brake pads are in the front What a great pad and no squeals. Perfectly quiet. I didnt get it cleaned but here are some pics. As soon as the stern arms arrive I will have USP do the rotors and coilovers all at once. The wheel well gap is just killing me LOL... Track day tomorrow...

Old 05-23-2010, 01:07 PM
What an amazing night. It was awesome hanging out with the guys from AWDMOTORSPORTS and USPMOTORSPORTS. The car ran flawless all night. Even with stock suspension the car did really well. All the parts are finally here with the two key components arriving yesterday. So next week off to get installed. The car is in desperate need of a good tire. The stock tires are just ludicrous. It was like ice skating... Here is a vid. I know, I need a Go Pro This is my old set up from the drag car...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjTzgG_2n8E

Old 05-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Few more quick exterior vids..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j50TCPYrKc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqfl7rw54qk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCep_K2k7uk

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 05-23-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:43 PM
Ducky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really nice
Looks and sounds great! I am thinking about getting a cpo'd RS4 myself, but I'm also considering a new S4 or possibly cpo'd S5.

Looking forward to following the ensuing weight reduction. I've seen people come and go from S4's complaining that they are pigs. I love how "tossable" my GTI is but I do mostly highway, so weight isn't a huge concern provided the engine/ powertrain can move it.

Looks like you've already found decent shops. Can't go wrong with APR and ECS. If you're looking for more euro parts, tmtuning in germany or oemplus here can get pretty much anything, but the latter usually has a pretty high premium.

$14k and you can get the Euro RS4 seats..

Old 05-24-2010, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by Ducky993
Looks and sounds great! I am thinking about getting a cpo'd RS4 myself, but I'm also considering a new S4 or possibly cpo'd S5.

Looking forward to following the ensuing weight reduction. I've seen people come and go from S4's complaining that they are pigs. I love how "tossable" my GTI is but I do mostly highway, so weight isn't a huge concern provided the engine/ powertrain can move it.

Looks like you've already found decent shops. Can't go wrong with APR and ECS. If you're looking for more euro parts, tmtuning in germany or oemplus here can get pretty much anything, but the latter usually has a pretty high premium.

$14k and you can get the Euro RS4 seats..
Yes I love my weight reduction but no way I would spend 14k on seats. That is just stupid. I use NRG carbon fiber seats. They weigh around 13# and I'll custom make my own brackets. I like to think ouside the box sometimes and dont always follow the mainstream. I'm not a baller like some so I need to cut corners where I can The oem seats are nice but they are heavy and I might as well just keep the USDM version. $14K, I say it and it makes me chuckle LOL...

I went through the same dilemna, S4-RS4-S5. For me I need a four door with a 5 mo old son. That left me with the S4-RS4. I went back and forth starting with the RS4. Couldnt find one and put a deposit on an S4. Then found an RS4 and bought it. I think the RS4 looks 10x better, but when I'm driving it I do feel like I'm driving an older car and miss the new upgrades like the new MMI, etc. My wife has a 2010 Prestige/ S-Line Q5 and I am always like dayum I wish my RS4 was this nice... If you have no intentions of doing track days and can live with a more subtle daily driver the S4 is the better car in my opinion. I like the S4 because its newer, has all the latest technology, performs great, and is just amazing inside. I like the RS4 because of the V8 and raw wide body look. It is a tough decision and I wonder everyday if I would be happier with the S4... You cant go wrong with either...

Old 05-26-2010, 06:04 PM
mjnsx07 is on a distinguished road
You have so many nice Audi

Old 05-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Ducky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really nice
Here is a link I was just reading re: the carbon buildup.

Holy hell!

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2780895

I am a DIY'er, but that looks like something I want no part of.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Without getting into a big debate and hurting people's feelings all cars have issues or problems. Even gallardo's were catching on fire back in the day. Toyota recently went through an issue. Man I could go on for days. No maunfacturer is free of issues. That being said I really dont believe all the hype. My car has 45k miles on it and shows ZERO signs of build up. No cel's, ran up front all day, no powerloss, no hesitation, etc. Besides, I'll take a 20hp decrease in performance over a safety related item any day. Is it something Audi needs to address, yeah probably. I think there are many factors like weather, heat, how the car is driven, oil used,gas used, etc. There are always groups of people who want to jump on a bandwagon. Remember the Quaker State sludge drama.... I am more of a personal experience type of guy and my car shows zero signs of the symptoms. My only problem with the car is parts and tech availability. Its near impossible to mod this car and I am a mod freak. Thats the fun part for me. That is why I am thinking of selling and buying a GT3. I love the car, it performs flawlessly, but man I cant even get a set of wheels for it

Old 05-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Didn't intend to spark anything, I just never really knew how bad it could get.

Aftermarket stuff is not surprising. Despite the huge VW/AUDI market, the Rs4 doesn't have much cross-application and a owners that payed a premium have no qualms with letting the german engineers do all the legwork. I've seen some that are actually resistant to change anything. If it were FI like the B5's, you'd have some more support there for sure.

What's the difficulty with wheels?

Last edited by Ducky993; 05-26-2010 at 11:31 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My PB RS4 Build Thread